[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese Immigration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: akihabara.jpg (241 KB, 1000x548) Image search: [Google]
akihabara.jpg
241 KB, 1000x548
How can I immigrate to Japan? Any Japan femanons want to marry me and help me get a VISA? Does it even work like that?

I'm currently in uni but really want to drop out, move, and be happy with minimum wage lifestyle.
>>
>>60468952
Marry a Japanese man.

Learn Japanese, get a stable job, and pass like 80 exams.
>>
>>60468969
I'm a straight guy so I'd like to marry a woman if possible. Do they mail order husbands? Are there places or sites dedicated to that sort of thing?

Also what do you mean by exams?
>>
Become engrish teacher OP
>>
>>60469078
This was my original plan though I think most of the programs want you to have at least a bachelor's degree. I would do this if I can go as is right now though
>>
>>60468952
Don't move to another country if you have no skills to contribute and don't plan around gaining said skills after you move. You come with them or you don't come at all.

If you go to another country and be a leech on their economy it will make them hate us and hate you. If you like Japan save your money and go as a tourist. Go and buy shit and have a good time but leave it at that. You are not Japanese you will never be Japanese. You will never fully fit in. Unless you are over there to do some kind of life-changing work then don't even bother leaving your country of origin.
>>
>>60469220
>If you go to another country and be a leech on their economy it will make them hate us and hate you
Implying I wouldn't get a job and support myself

>You will never fully fit in
This isn't high school
>>
I recomend OP dont dream about Japan.
Japanese labor enviroment is literally hell gate tier.if you had a time,use 5minutes look some westerners experiment blogs about life in Japan.

from t.takeshi
>>
>>60469280
Getting a job isn't good enough. You need to have a good fucking reason to be staying and working a part-time job at a Lawson isn't good enough. If you aren't over there to do some kind of research or consulting or something like that then forget it. English teacher is only barely good enough.

>This isn't high school
Yeah. It's worse. It's an entirely different culture and you're an ignorant foreigner.
>>
>>60469367
>You need to have a good fucking reason
For you maybe. But please continue to tell me how I ought to live my life.

>Yeah. It's worse. It's an entirely different culture and you're an ignorant foreigner.
Still not seeing your point. You could literally say this about moving from state to state. Who gives a shit if I'm a foreigner minding my own business.
>>
>>60468952
lmoa that won't work
>>
>>60469157
It's extremely unlikely you can become a Japanese citizen then.

Google it.
>>
>>60469078
Whatever you do, don't become an English teacher.
You'll get jack shit in terms of money and respect.
I haven't done it myself but I've heard the horror stories.
>>
>>60468952
Don't come to Japan, dirty gaijin.
>>
File: wb.jpg (14 KB, 179x178) Image search: [Google]
wb.jpg
14 KB, 179x178
>>60468952
>>
WHITO PIGGU GO HOME
>>
>>60468952
Maybe do the adult thing where you get a fucking job and save money and go there to visit so you can experience all the good stuff without having to deal with a fucking overworked, emotionally-repressed Japanese lifestyle.
>>
>>60469220
>Bbbbut our rep

Fuckoff with that shit
>>
>>60469661
>don't go to Japan and be an overworked, emotionally-repressed adult
>rather, stay in your native land and be an overworked, emotionally-repressed adult

The fuck are you on about

>>60469672
Honestly
>>
>>60469759
you're a giant weeb who has no idea what they're talking about
>>
>>60470102
Fuck off and stop assuming like you do. Why can't a person desire a change of scenery and act on it? What's the difference if I said I wanted to immigrate to England or Austria? I'll wait
>>
Japan needs to be flooded with immigrants. Japanese need to suffer like we do. Hopefully, if they import Muslims, the japs will stop being degenerates.
>>
>>60468952
Cut it out.
>>
>>60470184
Because the fact that you explicitly want to move to a xenophobic and entirely alien society and not anywhere else implies that's you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FGgYp6mdk
>>
>>60469447
>You could literally say this about moving from state to state. Who gives a shit if I'm a foreigner minding my own business.
>All the places in the world is like my home country!

This is the exact reason why loud Americans are hated in many countries.

You are a riot, go ahead and work in Japan, or any Asian country for that matter for 2 months and don't come crawling back to the western world.
>>
>>60468952
まずはこのスレを日本語で建てられるようになってから、もう一回相談に来なさい
>>
>>60470422
You're not making sense bub. You aren't from here so maybe you didn't get what I implied about huge cultural differences between American states though.

>don't come crawling back
>"places".."is"
Please piss off you nationalist fuck. You literally aren't doing me any favors but showing off your shit English mastery. Sip tea from your Queen's cunt
>>
>>60470350
Hahaha "We want you to leave". Shame this guy is from my state though...
>>
>>60470538
We have had literally hundreds of people like you (b8ing or actually being serious) asking for comments to immigrate to Japan. If you are so determined, don't let us stop you family.

>You aren't from here so maybe you didn't get what I implied about huge cultural differences between American states though.

lol ok
>>
>>60470538
Look dude, this happens in our own country. Think southerns don't mind Yankees moving in by droves? Stop playing stupid. If it happens here it happens there on a heavier scale.
>>
>>60470754
>Implying anyone today over the age of 25 still thinks like it's 1776
>Implying I even care who minds
>>
>>60469157
>doesn't have a bachelor's
>thinks any country will take him
>>
>>60469314
I thought foreigners got a free pass on that work culture bullshit?
>>
Japan is for Japanese. we are full.
>>
>>60470827
Argentina takes everyone
>>
>>60471035
What are you referring to exactly?
>>
>>60469447
Anon, have you ever even traveled abroad? Seriously, the cultural variation within the US is not as big as between where you are and Japan. I fucking guarantee it. No country is going to allow some unskilled, minimum wage worker to migrate. You're just a leech taking jobs that could go to natives. Why the fuck do you think immigration is a huge issue in the West? And Asians are like 100 times more xenophobic than we are.
>>
Americans who move to Japan to live have a high incidence of misery.
Do your research.
>>
>>60471035
Not if you want to fucking move there forever and be Japanese.
>>
>>60471061
B A S E D J A P A N
A
S
E
D

J
A
P
A
N
>>
>>60471035
Nope.
Plus, glass ceilings galore. All the effort, none of the perks.
>>
Get a commission in the Air Force, marry a Jap girl, then retire at 20. Then you can live there without having to work at a soul-crushing Japanese office
>>
>>60468969
>>60469029
same sex marriage is not allowed in Japan. too traditional but cool.
>>
>>60468952

In short: Don't fucking do it.

Still want to do it? Okay.

Stay in school and finish your BA, at least that way you can teach English.

Minimum wage doesn't really exist anymore in Japan, and the salary is literally kek level compared to the U.S. Literally any job you can do here compared to in Japan will net you 2x as much income.

Minimum wage exists, but its difficult to subside off of. There are a lot of Japanese known as "freeters" who only take part time jobs to make ends meet, and I think it accounts for a rather sizable chunk of the Japanese work force. Why do people do this?

Overtime.

Overtime is fucking hell in Japan. A lot of anti-karoshi (death from overtime) laws have been slowly gaining ground, but nobody takes time off and go to work sick. Nobody ever calls out of work, unless you are literally dying. Being a foreigner, doesn't net you a "get out of jail free" card. In many cases, its the reverse, because people expect you to not know the laws and policies, and thus be unable to defend yourself or report the higher ups who will work you like a dog. This bring me to my second point.

Being a "noticeable" foreigner.

If you are white, black, or anything outside of Chinese and Korean, you are going to have a tough time. If you look close enough to blend in, you will do fine. I have many friends who have lived in Japan at least half of their natural lives and still are seen as outsiders. If you are unused to racism, it will be hard to adjust.
>>
>>60471334
>karoshi
karoushi
>>
>>60471360

t-t-thanks
>>
>>60471334
/thread
>>
how is living in japan for a foreigner who doesn't need to work?
>>
>>60471475
Probably pretty rad, but I imagine it involves a lot of leaving and coming back. I was visiting Tokyo last week and it was just about the most amazing city I've ever seen.

Only drag is that Japanese people hate the idea of street food.
>>
>>60471475
Do you mean if your rich and can afford anything?
It wont change anything pretty sure you could just get a standard visa for 90 days then go back.
The only way your staying in japan permanently is via marriage or workers visa (not really permanent but close enough)
>>
>>60471475
Comfy if you can speak conversational moon in urban/tourist-populated areas.

Don't go into a rural area though, people are going to give you weird looks and talk behind your back if they know you live around but does not actually work.
>>
File: 2036_06.jpg (86 KB, 575x330) Image search: [Google]
2036_06.jpg
86 KB, 575x330
>>60471532
>Only drag is that Japanese people hate the idea of street food.

which part of Japan have you been?
>>
>>60471532
>Only drag is that Japanese people hate the idea of street food.

what
>>
>>60471579
By street food I mean food you buy on the street then eat while walking around. You get dirty looks when you eat while walking, I found. It doesn't count as street food if you have to sit down, that's just outdoor dining.
>>
>>60471631
That's only your personal definition family, also cultural differences.
>>
>>60471661
Yeah, I get cultural differences. Doesn't mean I can't dislike it. I was also coming from Beijing which has street food, like, everywhere.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.