[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /int/, I need some advice. I have to take a language in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1
File: why_i_am_antisocial2.png (160 KB, 516x540) Image search: [Google]
why_i_am_antisocial2.png
160 KB, 516x540
Hey /int/, I need some advice.

I have to take a language in uni this year, and I've decided I'll either do French or German. Which one should I pick?

Here's a few questions I have which could help me decide:
>which is easier
>which is more useful
>which one has better movies and TV series
>which one has the best literature

Pic unrelated
>>
>>60448286
I'd imagine German would be easier since I'm assuming you already speak kitchen dutch
>>
French is better.

German has no real use in the world and French literature/music is superior to German.
>>
>>60448286
>which is easier
German
>which is more useful
German
German
German

Germany's also great as an exchange student, and even greater if you ever plan to immigrate in Europe.
>>
German is cooler and easier to learn for native English speakers since they're both Germanic, but French has speakers in more countries and there is some great French literature out there.
>>
>>60448286
France in every aspect, my black Freund
>>
>>60448286
>which is easier
german is closer to dutch i think. dunno what's your native language, english or afrikaans
>which is more useful
that's up to you
ehr.... french... no, german has better action movies
ehr.... french... no, german has better scientific books
>>
>>60448537
don't listen to him.
France's a horrible place. It stinks and it's filled with muzzies.
Also, French people aren't understanding at all w/ people learning the language, they're arrogant too.
It's no cool to live in France.
Also surrender monkeys
>>
>>60448467
French is actually piss easy for an English speaker due to the enormous amount of shared vocabulary. Yes, your grammar will suck, but modern English still has much more in common with French than with Dutch
>>
>>60448714
How much does the grammar differ from English?
>>60448537
I'm not black
>>
>>60448286
I can say with confidence that German TV is shit. Don't know about French TV though.
>>
>>60448417
>>60449328
Do you already speak Kitchen Dutch though? Then German would definitely be the easier one.
>>
>>60448286
Pick French

>easier
Neither, really

>which is more useful
More people speak French

>which one has better movies
French

Unless you're autistic in your literature choices, French
>>
>>60449328
It's a romance, it has the same grammar as Spanish or Italian.
>>
why would you waste your time on learning a language that will be dead in 30 years
>>
>>60450563
Because some of us want to preserve your shitty language
>>
>>60450598
Most Americans don't even know proper English, the thought of some heritagefags thinking themselves capable of keeping German alive is laughable.
>>
>>60450598
are you nazi or what
>>
>>60450688
kys you memeing fuck

>>60450696
No
>>
>>60450383
I'm not fluent in kitchen Dutch because I never had motivation to learn it, but I have a basic understanding of it
>>60450563
Isn't it widely spoken in your countries, or does everyone speak English?
>>60450478
Is romance grammar difficult compared to English?
>>
>>60450991
only rightwing extremists still speak german, all the normal people speak english, turkish or arabic
>>
>>60451066
>not listing polish
what a fucking nazi
>>
>>60450696
>wanting to secure Europe for the white race
>bad guys

Yeah, nah, fuck off
>>
>>60451113
shit im sorry
>>
>>60450991

I had to do German and French in secondary school
German was easier and I imagine if you have some knowledge of Afrikaans as well as being fluent in English, it will make it much easier.

Saying that, if I was to start studying another language now, I would go with French as there are more native speakers, the literature and films are better.

Also, French is much more of a Lingua Franca than German
>>
>>60451066
I weep for your country and the rest of northern Europe if that means anything
>>
>>60451118
Nazi have killed or caused the death of more white people than anything else before 1914 combined
>>
>>60450991
It's different.
Like:
spider man (adj+noun)
l'homme araignée (noun+adj)

different words for different genders
un docteur
une docteure
un chat
une chatte

it's not difficult, just different.
Whilst German and English share a lot of structure.
>>
>>60451066
Dank Meme, mein Freund
>>
>>60451118
Race is a social construct shitlord
>>
>>60450991
>Is romance grammar difficult compared to English?
It's different, so you'll be confused at first. Not especially difficult though
>>
>>60451354
In retrospect, forget the combined. They still caused, directly or indirectly (birth deficit) more white people deaths than the black plague.

Also, nazis didn't care about the white race but the "Aryan" one.
>>
>>60451407
merssi bokuh mohn amie
>>
>>60451452
That's probably why white and Asian countries are so much more technologically advanced than other shitskin countries...
>>
>>60451650
>not because whites are evil exploitative shitlords that tore down the advanced African societies
>>
French is spoken in more places.
Both languages are hard in their own way, german has much more random articles and weird grammatical extracases tho.
I dont know about movies but great literature can be found on both sides of the rhine.
>>
>>60451650
>What is slavery
>What is being at war since basically the foundation of the state of Israel (not saying that the Jews are responsible, though)

Persians and Arabs mathematicians have contributed a lot throughout history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamsh%C4%ABd_al-K%C4%81sh%C4%AB
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algebra
>Algebra (from Arabic "al-jabr" meaning "reunion of broken parts"[1])

I wish I could make a meme with "Days without using Arabs inventions", but I couldn't put a zero and it would fly over everyone's head.
>>
>>60451682
This desu senpai
>>
>>60451682
>>60451821
I'm sure Africa would be colonizing the solar system right now if it wasn't for us evil whites keeping them down
>>
>>60451950
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_of_Islam#Teachings_on_race
Get woke and stay woke
>>
>>60451682
While the countries were not "advanced", it's false to say that colonisation didn't set them back.
>>
>>60452044
It's difficult to develop central Africa in any capacity anyway and Africa didn't have the advantage of navigable waterways that Europe and America had. Colonization set them back, but they wouldn't have been at the level of Europe or most of Asia anyway
>>
>>60448286
German is useful if you ever have to talk to N*mibians.
>>
>>60452044
Just think how advanced mudhut technology would be
>>
I still can't decide so I'm going to leave it up to this strawpoll

http://www.strawpoll.me/10415679
>>
>>60451354
They also destroyed Europe's nationalism and caused guilt for colonization. IMO Europe's soul died atfter WW2 all because of the Germans
>>
>>60452157
>>60452291
>Thinking that Africa is one country
Senpais...

Also, they were not "advanced" by conventional means but much less corrupted and unsafe than nowadays. The objective of colonisation was more or less to rob a country of its resources, after all.

To think almost every immigration problems would be pretty much non-existent if we didn't play god a few centuries ago...
>>
>>60452157
Apologies to you, I misread your post. You're alright.
>>
>>60452488
Alright. I was just mocking the people that say that the current state of Africa is solely due to colonization. The situation is a lot more nuanced
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.