[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning serbian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: serbian-flag.jpg (799 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
serbian-flag.jpg
799 KB, 1920x1080
I wanna learn serbian. Looks simple enough.
>>
There is no such thing, you need to learn montenegrin language

"Serbs" in "Serbia" are croats and bulgarians who speak a different language to the real roots
>>
>>60435378
It's the other way around, no?
>>
>>60435166
Not worth learning that garbage.
>>
>>60436218
you speak that garbage nigga
>>
>>60436218
You guys really hate each other, don't you?
>>
>>60435166
for what purpose?
>>
>>60436316
Idk, man. I like their music, serbian is easy to pronounce, so why the hell not?
>>
>>60436218
Why do you hate your own language?
>>
>>60435166
I have never liked self studies, but you can do yourself a favour and memorize the case endings for majka, otadžbina, puk, dug, selo, more. Check the wikipedia article on Serbian grammar and pay attention on the parts about cases, gender and verb aspects and then read them again after a while
>>
>>60436218
but Croatian is basically Serbian, 99% the same

actual name of the language is Serbo-Croatian
>>
>>60436362
I agree with you, I like the language too

You should watch some movies from the region.
>>
>>60437063
What Serbs speak today is actually Craotian. If a Serb takes a book written in Croatian and in Serbian from 400 ago he wouldnt understand the one written in Serbian at all but would understand the one written in Croatian very well.
New Serbian literacy started in Croatian parts of A-H monarchy and was based on Croatian language.
>>
>>60437444
this

fuck serfs
>>
>>60437444
I've wondered about this. So what happened to that Serbian and how did this come to happen? Is there someone who speaks that old Serbian today?
>>
>>60437596
Serbia used to have an artificial literary standard called Slavoserbian. It was a mix of living Serbocroatian, Russian and Old Church Slavonic. Karadžić's reform purged everything but the living dialect of Eastern Herzegovina, which had already been in use in Croatian letters for hundreds of years, but I'm not sure about its diffusion among Serbian writers prior to the reform of 1850.
>>
>>60438428
Cool. Thanks for the explenation
>>
>>60437444
If you take a book from 400 years ago you would see Glagolitic or old Cyrillic letters. So, no, you wouldn't understand it.
All languages change, its like you saying that nobody speaks English beacuse it doesn't sound the same like English 500 years ago.

>>60435166
Serbian language is not simple at all. Its really really hard to learn. It has 7 cases, 4 declinations etc etc.
>>
>>60436367
I was making a joke.
>>
>>60435166
Muslimanski izrode
>>
>>60438659
Nigga, it's literally a simplified form of Slovenian, which has 8 declinations, 3 grammatical numbers, 2 more vowel sounds, a more complicated stress system, etc.
>>
File: srbijanci2.jpg (81 KB, 579x532) Image search: [Google]
srbijanci2.jpg
81 KB, 579x532
>>
Пpивeт))
>>
>>60439071
>Private

Why are Russians always announcing they're on the toilet?
>>
>>60438840
Cetnicka diaspora detected
>>
File: 1444417883387.png (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1444417883387.png
22 KB, 500x500
>serbian ""language""
>not "croatian with turkish loan words"
>>
>>60440729
>implying Croats don't use Turkish loanwords

užas, brate
>>
>>60438428
Another question, this slavoserbian, was it understandable for the serbs of that time? And what about the spoken language? We all know there's a difference. Any idea what that spoken Serbian might have
>>
>>60440729
Idi napolje druzi se malo sa mariom tonijem i ostalim "frendovima" sa pravim hrvatskim imenima
>>
>>60435166
why?
>>
>>60437444
Slightly incorrect. It is actually easier for a Serb to read books from 600 years ago than from 200 years ago, because at that time the Serbian clergy was using Russian so a lot of Russian was spilling over into Serbian which leads to some incomprehensible shit. Like the Serbian attempted government in 1804 was pronounced PRAVITELYSTVUYUSHCHI SOVIET, that ain't Serbian.
On the other hand you can read for example Miroslav's Gospel and get a better grasp on what it says than the former. And you can pretty much read Dushan's law code, there are some words that don't match like krv (blood) is used to refer to murder.

>>60435166
The movies are good, but if you look hard enough you can find subs.
If you're gonna learn a Slavic language try Russian.
Serbian is too hard for a foreigner to learn with not enough payoff. Maybe you could look for a job at the embassy or something like that....
>>
>>60435166
Heт cyкa cтaни cyкa нe тpeбa cyкa јeбy тe мaткy бpaзил cyкa :)

Дoн'т лepoн мaј cepбијaн јaзик cyкa и килл јy cлaвa пyтин и титo
>>
>>60439223
Здpaвo cepб кaкo cи ти ?:) јa caм pycки и нe гoвopи мe и нe питaј мe јa нe жид и нe вoлим жидoв дoбpo ? Ja pycкa дијacпopa в изpaeлњ :)
>>
>>60440729
cepби имa бyкви кaкo њ и љ и ђ и ћ и џ и ћ a y вac ништa нeмa хopвaти гo килл јop ceлф :)
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.