[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Ireland the prime example of British colonialism? >genocide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Is Ireland the prime example of British colonialism?
>genocide the locals
>push your people for colonization
>destroy the local's culture due to population decline
>the culture of the colony is now equal to yours
>>
>>60418664
yes
>>
Why didn't the Irish simply fish? You can see that the areas in the middle were most affected by far. Why didn't they just move to the shores and fish?

Are they that stupid?
>>
>>60418664
Well, the brits themselves are kind of an example of Roman Imperialism, being the locals influenced by various invaders, including the Britannia part of the Roman Empire.
>>
>>60418779
The fish was for export only 2bh
>>
>>60418806
yes but the romans didn't genocide different cultures but enslaved them
>>
It's weird how quickly they became reliant on a foreign crop.
>>
>>60418664
b8

if not, obviously not, pick up a history book. we did make a lot of fuck ups there though. never quite integrated them / treated them fairly, yet never completely smashed them either. They'll always be our brother from another mother basically.
>>
>>60418879
Irish told me here that you forbid the Irish language too stop them from conspiring
>>
>>60418664
>>genocide the locals
>>push your people for colonization
>>destroy the local's culture due to population decline
>>the culture of the colony is now equal to yours
Why did this never happen to us?
>>
>>60418879
then how could you do that a "brother"
>>
>>60418834
Oh yeah I guess, I wasn't really thinking about that, mostly just wanted to post an interesting fact I learned since I only recently started actually looking into Britain's history.
>>
>>60418903
because there were too many of you, and you guys obediently agreed with the british until Gandhi appeared
>>
>>60418879
You didn't do shit, stop saying "we"
>>
>>60418903
>A series of serious crop failures in the late 19th century led to widespread famines on the subcontinent in which it is estimated that over 15 million people died. The East India Company had failed to implement any coordinated policy to deal with the famines during its period of rule. Later, under direct British rule, commissions were set up after each famine to investigate the causes and implement new policies, which took until the early 1900s to have an effect.[109]
>>
>>60418899
Possibly. I don't know. You know this better than me.

>>60418906
>what was the british empire
>what is every power structure before and since

easy enough to pay one half to kill the other. the british empire was built on the backs of irish, and I don't mean that literally.. As in, they got involved too. And the idea of a united Ireland was a meme before ""we"" were a baddy to unite against.
>>
>>60418899
It was forbidden to use Irish in education and with the state. This was largely supported by the Catholic church who wanted English speaking missionaries.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.