[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a language learning thread? >what languages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 7271080_orig.jpg (218 KB, 1032x800) Image search: [Google]
7271080_orig.jpg
218 KB, 1032x800
Can we have a language learning thread?

>what languages do you know?
>what language are you learning?
>how much progress are you making?
>what other languages are you planning on learning in the future, if any?
>do you have any language learning tips to give?

I personally am very interested in Euskara (basque). It is a language isolate, and the last remaining descendent of the pre-indo-european languages of Western Europe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_language
>>
>>60400865
what does the PC vs tablet picture imply, tablets are better for learning?
>>
>>60400865
I know Danish and English. A little bit of Spanish, Portuguese and Icelandic.
I'm learning English and Spanish right now.
I'm making medium progress.
I'm planning to learn fluent Portuguese when I end my Spanish classes.
Duolingo was useful for me. Listening to music in the language you're learning and reading the lyrics on www.lyricstranslate.com is also useful and a fun way to learn.
>>
>>60400865
1. English and German
2. German
3. have several German friends
4. Chinese, 'coz I'm Japanese
5. ??
>>
>>60401141
>Icelandic
Gotan daginn, what do you think of it? difficult?
>>
I know Irish and English. I tried to learn Polish because of my girlfriend, but that ship crashed and burned. I'm looking into doing Erasmus in France to brush up on my french though.
>>
>>60401359
My dad is from Iceland and my family is from there so I always heard it. It's a lot like Danish, just more old nordic.
It's complicated to learn because for an example in my town the Icelandic classes are really bad. There are no apps where you can learn it. And whenever I'm there I don't practice it very much because everybody there speaks English and a little Danish.
But if it's difficult, I don't know.. If you know a germanic language, preferably a Scandinavian one, it definitely makes it much easier because it's alike.
>>
I'm trying to learn Japanese,but verb conjugation and syntax are a bit confusing to me.
>>
>>60400865
1. Russian, Belarusian, English
2. French and started learning Japanese two weeks ago
3. I undertand most of spoken and written French, but can't really speak porperly.
I only learned Hiragana, Katakana, about 50 Kanjis and about 100 words overall in Japanese
4. German, Arabic and Chinese to understand our overlords
5. English is fine, don't learn other languages.
>>
Je suis americaine
>>
Does anyone have good self study material for Chinese characters (traditional)?
>>
File: class.jpg (165 KB, 1080x1348) Image search: [Google]
class.jpg
165 KB, 1080x1348
>>60400865
1. English (US), Mandarin, Portuguese (BR)
2. French (FR)
3. Not much, just doing the bare minimum with Duolingo and music listening.
4. Probably Russian.
5. muster the courage to speak (and make mistakes). easiest way to retain concepts.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.