[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for Atheists: >If you suddenly woke up in a paradise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: heaven.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
heaven.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Question for Atheists:

>If you suddenly woke up in a paradise like place, greeted by an angelic like man who told you this was heaven and proved to you he wasn't a human, would you believe it? If he said you can wake up whenever you want and believe whatever you want when you wake up, would you think it was all a dream or become a believer?
>>
I'd deck the cunt and if he didn't fall over I'd just assume he was a hallucination and the entire experience was a bizarre and unfortunate episode of sleep paralysis
>>
according to the Church having faith without proof is a requirement for entering the heaven. (catholicucks will defend this)
>>
>>60394785
>If you suddenly woke up in a paradise
>If he said you can wake up
>would you think it was all a dream
If I woke up in that place, how can the angel tell me that I can wake up whenever I want? I'm already awake. I can't wake up again after waking up. And why would someone not think that something was a dream when they just woke up from it?
>>
>>60395027
>he's never "woke up" in a dream
>>
being a christian means being a cuck
>>
>>60394785
i will accept to stop being atheist once you get rid of the multicultural spic pope and give us another nazi polish pope ok ?
thank you
>>
>>60394930
no it's not le Pope said even the atheists can enter the heaven as long as they've had a morally good life
>>
>>60394785
I'd tell him to send me back to the Sol system because I have work to complete.
>>
how is this related to atheism
if you are implying Christianity
well the situation you describe is called a nightmare or illusion in the real world
>>
>>60394785
>and proved to you he wasn't a human
If I remembered the proof exactly and it checked out I would have no choice but believing it
>>
>>60396660
The Pope did not speak ex-Cathedra when saying that.
>>
>>60397215
if the God is such fucking retard to punish people with eternal suffering just because they don't believe in his ridiculous bullshit without any proof at all, then I don't want to enter his "heaven"
>>
>>60397296
It has been proven that God cannot prove his divinity in a way that you can say it's not just very advanced technology, because if He could, then it would be possible to find a natural process to emulate divinity usable by mortals and there could be no such thing as the divine.

You either believe or you don't, and if you don't want to believe in a creating entity, that's your choice.
>>
>>60397518
why would he even prove anything

if the God/Jesus came now in 21st century, made some miracles etc like 99,99% of the world would instantly be Catholic - the faith would lose it's meaning it would be basically heaven on Earth as everyone would be sure there is an afterlife etc.
>>
>>60397740
>if the God/Jesus came now in 21st century, made some miracles etc like 99,99% of the world would instantly be Catholic
You're missing the point.

God cannot make miracles in a way that you know for SURE it isn't just a highly advanced entity with technology so advanced you mistake it for magic.

Because suppose he could, then you could take note of the proof and the steps of which it is made, emulate the steps precisely, and perform a divine action, which means there can be no such thing as the divine. This is a very important result with Turing machines btw.

You either believe or you don't and God chooses not to force you do believe in Him. This Question is far more complex than you realize at first.
>>
>>60398072
god doesnt exist dude
>>
>>60398118
I'm sure you can back that up.
>>
>>60398237
yes no proofs, universe came to exist spontaneously

>haha lads im actually immortal after "death" I go to heaven and live forever
makes perfect sense
>>
>>60398278
If it is logically internally consistent it makes sense.

I'm not pretending Roman Catholicism is the exact description of God's manifestation upon the Universe, but it is the closest to correct that humans will ever be able to grasp.
>>
>>60398377
if we create an artificial intelligence with self counciousness does it count for "life" too and will it get a chance to enter the heaven?
>>
>>60398483
How should I know, I'm not even a priest. Ask your local priest or call the Vatican
>>
>>60398515
>implying priests know shit
>>
>>60398540
If you don't trust your local priest call the Vatican.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.