[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you will never have a southern accent >tfw you will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1456473989506.png (102 KB, 300x302) Image search: [Google]
1456473989506.png
102 KB, 300x302
>tfw you will never have a southern accent
>tfw you will always have the bland typical accent
>>
>>60279430
cheer up lad, at least you don't sound like pajeet or ahmed
>>
I am Greek
>>
File: 1430053752942.jpg (76 KB, 500x464) Image search: [Google]
1430053752942.jpg
76 KB, 500x464
>tfw Southerner and have a typical boring Western accent
>>
Are our regional accents dying?

I don't do much traveling but I've been to a number of places around the country and everyone sounded the same.
>>
>>60279517
God I hope not. Southern accents are so beautiful.
>>
You know, most people agree that a southern accent makes people sound uncouth and stupid.

It really sucks because I'm from a rural part of Texas and it's obvious in my speaking habits, so if I want to be taken seriously I have to mask my own accent.
>>
>>60279758
i never understood the hate, i'm from the east but i always found it endearing
>>
>>60279758
In Europe the Southern accent is much preferred.

t. European
>>
>>60279819
>>60279855

A lot of people really don't. It's a stereotype that I really don't like at all, I've known a lot of people that have a very thick "typical southern" accent that were quite intelligent.

Of course, stereotypes exist for a reason. I have met quite a few shitkickin' Jethros in my time that give Southerners a bad name.
>>
>>60279855
I think it is the only american accent that gives off some degree of culture even though a lot of the people that have it are dumb hicks
>>
>>60279855
>>60279591
This is true, the Southern American accent is the only cute one.
>>
>>60280197
It is because of this association that having a southern accent is very frowned upon in northern states.

Yankees are so judgmental.
>>
>>60279430
Ebonics is hardly what I'd call an attractive accent.
>>
I live in Florida, so like a lot of people here I speak like a southerner but I don't have a southerner accent.

It sounds very strange.
>>
File: mfw SS.jpg (152 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
mfw SS.jpg
152 KB, 429x410
I grew up on a farm in Kansas, so I find myself using "ain't got" and "I seen" and "'bout" (for 'about') a lot. It always gets me weird looks.
>>
What's the southern accent?
Is it hot?
>>
>>60279758
I think there's a definite difference from deep south and northern south. The favorite southern accent I've heard is the lowcountry south (SC area and whatnot) which isn't nearly as twangy and harsh as deep south and more of a relaxing drawl.
>>
>>60283055
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUe9yerlwbM
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.