[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is your country increasing its defence spending yet? Do you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: defence budget uk.png (538 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
defence budget uk.png
538 KB, 1000x500
Is your country increasing its defence spending yet? Do you think it should?

UK yes yes
>>
>>60236907
France, no and no again
>>
EU army will make it redundent
>>
Turkey

Yes. You can never be secure enough in MENA. Unless you take it all for yourself of course
>>
>>60240865
Why ? Pourquoi ? Porque ?
>>
>>60240913
giaour will know.

DELET
>>
>>60236907
Yeah and yeah probably with everything thats going on in Europe now.
>>
File: 1440213477655.jpg (46 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
1440213477655.jpg
46 KB, 473x500
>>60240895
>EU army
>>
Yes

Yes
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (1011 KB, 1439x899) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
1011 KB, 1439x899
>>60240946
Soon everybody will know. Soon
>>
RU yes no
>>
File: image_cms_slider.jpg (17 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
image_cms_slider.jpg
17 KB, 480x320
>>60240865
Are you sure we aren't ? I'm pretty sure they just recruited a fuckton of new soldiers since the bataclan, they're all over the streets.
"Join the army" ads everywhere in the streets too, even on the internet i get spammed with "accomplish your destiny, join us blah blah blah" ads every day
Surely this cost them some money no ?

Pic related there's like 3 of those ads just in my street
>>
>>60240865
Check the numbers,
France spent around 46 billion euros on military spending, out of 636 billion euros total for their spending in 2016.
>>
File: latest defence spending.png (313 KB, 1941x1589) Image search: [Google]
latest defence spending.png
313 KB, 1941x1589
>>60241581
Latest numbers
>>
File: latest defence spending IHS.png (122 KB, 1879x1257) Image search: [Google]
latest defence spending IHS.png
122 KB, 1879x1257
IHS has also released figures
>>
>>60242402
Is USA one day going to use its huge army to actually do something useful with it ? I don't mean invade random jungle chinks (and fail lmao) but actually finish the manifest destiny and conquer the world ? Otherwise it's so unnecessary, they're just wasting money t b h
>>
>>60242487
Because the USA is separated from the important places by two large oceans, they need to spend large amounts of money to just have the OPTION of projecting power into Asia/Europe.

Sending the military across large distances is difficult and expensive and requires duplicates of everything that you use.

For example, the aircraft carriers. The rule of thumb is that the USN needs to maintain 3 aircraft carriers for every 1 useful carrier. One in maintenance (because those periods are so long), one in training/moving to another location, and only the third is active and useful in war.

Lots of people seem to think that because the US has 10 aircraft carriers it means they can send 10 to go fuck a country up. Doesn't work like that.

So it's not wasting money if you're the US government and you want to option to send the military out.
>>
>>60242487
Realists would say that they already achieved a status where they have enough power to exist without having the treat of any country potentially invading them.
Hegemony is not needed.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.