[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans worship their military so much? It's almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1464659959549.jpg (146 KB, 730x569) Image search: [Google]
1464659959549.jpg
146 KB, 730x569
Why do Americans worship their military so much? It's almost like a cult
>>
It's cultural backlash from how shitty we treated Vietnam War veterans.

Reasonable healthcare for veterans would be better than occasional random thank yous on the street, but thank yous on the street don't hurt.
>>
because when you tell 17 year olds they'll be sword wielding demon slaying american heroes who everyone always thanks if they enlist in the marines it gets a whole lot easier to get rows of meatshields to maintain hegemony
>>
>>60234433
brilliantly put
>>
>>60234433
I'm going to basic training at Parris Island this Summer.

Wish me luck.
>>
>>60234288
1: The American public was shielded from the worst aspects of 20th century conflict due to fighting being mostly conducted overseas.
2:>>60234403
3:>>60234433

The above are reinforced through mass media glorification of military service and cultural barriers that make it impossible to question the status quo.
>>
>>60234505
Good luck DESU senpai.
>>
>>60234505
>Parris Island
I BET YOURE THE KIND OF GUY TO FUCK A MAN IN THE ASS WITHOUT HAVING THE GOD DAMNED COMMON COURTESY TO GIVE HIM A REACHAROUND!
>>
>>60234463
>brilliantly
Feeling generous tonight?
>>
Because it werks
>>
>>60234505
Good for you, you joined the most unnecessarily shitty branch of the military!
>>
>>60234569
Thanks f-a-m

>>60234608
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

>>60234661
u mad?
>>
>>60234694
Nah brah, just saying expect the Marines to be full of abusive-baby-sitter NCOs and trying to convince yourself its all fun and enjoyable.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8EITu5ZYo8
>>
>>60234747
Were you in the Marines?

And I don't mind, I need some discipline in my life anyway since my parents were never really there for me.
>>
>>60234433
>get rows of meatshields
fewer than 5000 americans have died in over 10 years in Iraq. we're really throwing money at problems, not lives
>>
>>60234928
the marines are literally the meatshield branch, the army comes in and cleans up afterwards

that's how our military works
>>
>>60234948
Can't wait to do field days and PT until I get deployed t.bh
>>
Because we glorify war and military from a young age and incorporate it heavily into our culture.

also war = $$$ baby heh you know what i gotta get that cheddar you dumb brownies
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.