[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I count as Polish if I was born and lived there for the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: Poland Anime.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Poland Anime.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Do I count as Polish if I was born and lived there for the first several years of my childhood before my family came here?
Am I Polish if I am forgetting my native tongue everyday, little by little, and have the vocabulary of a 7 year old?
Am I Polish because I enjoy Barszcz Bialy, Lazanki, kielbasa, pireogi etc, and I speak with my family in Polish?
Am I British because of how long I have lived in Britiain, despite never owning a British passport?
Is it worth getting a Polish ID card?
>>
No it isn't. Enjoy your life in the 1st world cunt. Maybe after 40 years there will be no Poland again? THink about it
>>
do you feel british? lifestyle in PL is much different than here mind you
id say brit since its the only thing you really know, maybe visit Krakow to mke sure how do you feel. its beautiful city
>>
>>60223568
iktf OP
>>
if you have a Polish surname you're Polish
>>
>>60223568
Depends. Do you hate your life?
>>
File: jolly poles.jpg (64 KB, 500x676) Image search: [Google]
jolly poles.jpg
64 KB, 500x676
>>60223568
What do you think?
And how do you feel about it?
>>
Do I count as Polish if I wasn't born there, but I speak Polish every day?
>>
>>60228907
no
>>
>>60228973
Who counts?
>>
>tfw a black Latvian but don't feel like a Latvian
>>
File: 1464763935176.jpg (81 KB, 379x364) Image search: [Google]
1464763935176.jpg
81 KB, 379x364
>>60229387
I do
>>
Do I count as Polish if I'm full blooded Jamaican, but had a Polish sausage once?
>>
>>60229387
You have to be born and raised in a european country to be considered european, no matter your language proficiency and knowledge of the country, or blood lines, doesn't matter they are very very very picky.

Then they let in a bunch of muslims, lol
>>
>>60229430
Yes
t.polish Jamaican
>>
>>60229423
Okay, but what is the criteria?
>>
>>60223568
Polacks are the chicanos of united kingdom, the sooner you accept this fact the sooner you will feel better with yourself.
>ib4 t. Chicano
>>
>>60229459
Ye, but those things are non-relevant to eachother. They want muslims to stay muslism, or so it seems, which is fucked up imo.

>>60229572
- born from Polish parents
- speak Polish on basic level (7yo vocab is ok i guess, you just need to be able to communicate a bit)
- feel connected to your glorious homeland
At least that's what i feel it's like. Some part of my family migrated to US like two decades ago, some of my cousins were born in Poland and one was born in US. I never asked them before, but i think that they do consider themselves as Poles.
>>
>>60229459
твн I speak better Polish and know more about Poland than some people who were born there and moved at a young age
>>
>>60223568
Yes. Start adopting the mannerisms of the Polack diaspora-warrior from Sweden.
>>
>>60229766
What's the reason for that? Please tell.
>>
>>60229867
pls no
One is enough.
>>
>>60229927
He is a funny dude; nearly 100% sure he wrote a script that alerts him whenever someone posts about Poland.
>>
>>60229760
All those apply to me. I'm not OP though, see, his flag is British and mine is American. My vocabulary is definitely better than a 7 year old, because I speak only Polish with my family and refuse to speak English. I just have a slight accent and read and write kind of slowly. I'm working on it though.
>>60229870
I make sure to speak Polish every day and recently have been making sure to read too.
>>
>>60229766
So? you're still not considered Polish. Deal with it man, you're American.
>>60229760
Yeah that's fucked up, does no one remember the Muslim invaders being drawn away in Austria way back? You guys need to stand up for your countries and values.

If you guys ever went to any Arab country, you can fucking bet you will obey every single law of theirs. Western society is backwards and pussified.
>>
>>60230093
It matter what I am, not what I'm considered
>>
>>60230142
*matters
>>
>>60230142
You are American. that's what matters. Get it through your thick head.
>>
>>60230003
There's at least two Poles in this thread. >>60230033
Actually, I was wondering what's the reason that you know all this stuff and learn our language, but if those criterias apply to you then I understand. I think you can call yourself a Pole, the blood of our ancestors runs through your veins.
>>
File: qu9AJZO.png (631 KB, 827x959) Image search: [Google]
qu9AJZO.png
631 KB, 827x959
>>60230235
>>
>>60230291
Nice argument. Americans and Canadians that are of european descent are not europeans, that's all I'm saying, idiot. Don't go all "muh heritage" on me
>>
>>60230273
A few reasons. I don't really have an family in America, so it's my only choice unless I want to be a foreigner to my own family. I also believe in sticking together with your own people. Sorry to sound edgy, but I think that my parents made a mistake by emigrating instead of trying to make their own country better.
>>
>>60223568
>that pic
Momiji is Canadian
>>
>>60230384
That's different. They've been here for multiple generations, mixed together, speak English as a first language, etc.
>>
>>60230093
Ye, our current government is more on the conservative side, so i think we don't have to worry about muslims as for now.
True about the law. Letting them behave as they do is like shitting in your own nest, if they wanna come to Poland they need to respect our culture and society more, and the same should've been with other countries, but it's too late now.
>>
>>60230570
Never too late, people could stand up right now but all this liberal "love everyone even if they want to kill you" bullshit really puts a damper on things.
>>
>>60230416
Nah man, I don't know when did they migrate, but it was much easier to live back then if you could work or live abroad, my father, contrary to his brother, didn't decide to migrate but he still visited US to work and it gave a huge boost to our family's budget.
I mean, it's all about whether you care more about your family or your country.
>>
File: DOWODY.png (11 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
DOWODY.png
11 KB, 400x400
>>60229766
>>
>>60230611
I think it's more of a Sweden thing, other countries still have a chance to change but it's gonna be hard. The more people start to complain, the bigger chance.
Just wait for the muslims to fuck up big time or wait for a false flag, they can't leave things as they are now.
>>
>>60229387
the germans
>>
>>60230991
Jak chcesz słyszeć jak ja mówię, to mogę zrobić Vocaroo
>>
>>60230904
I understand what goes through immigrants minds, so I don't think that they are necessarily bad people. I think that it would have worked out better for our family too if my parents just stayed. Sure, I might have more money, but having our family split up between countries like this sucks. And besides, America is actually kind of a depressing place to live. We have money, but we don't have that sense if unity that you get living in your own country. That's why there are so many gay and emo people here. That's why Tumblr started here. People have no identity.
>>
>>60231604
* sense of
>>
>>60231604
I never thought about this like that. But what's the reason for that? America's got about 400 years of history, you have different culture, traditions, holidays, etc. Is it because of multiculturalism? Is it because of being a union of states? Or is it just not enough time? Maybe you're trying too hard to make everyone equally happy, trying to solve all those social problems.
Maybe it's just that US is always going to be an European colony, not saying this to be rude, but honestly, thinking about all of those people that migrated there, caucasians, asians, africans...
Is it just land of every man but of no culture?
Shit, man.
I must agree that although Poles aren't that friendly to eachother IMO (even on the internet you can see Poles insulting their own nationality, being embarassed of their own homeland, etc.), i feel that in case of emergency everyone would just stand up and fight for eachother.
That makes me somehow happy. I hope i'm not the only Pole that thinks so.
>>
>>60232320
I think you answered the question yourself. Multiculturalism just doesn't work. But seriously, look it up, America has really high depression rates, it's not just me spouting anecdotal evidence. America does have it's own culture, but it made a mistake that it just kept making itself more and more diverse. It doesn't work because it's against human nature. Once the immigrants come here, they just self segregate anyway. Even children of immigrants stick together. Shit, even their children probably do to an extent. "Self segregation" is a big thing in American high schools and colleges. I've heard that multiculturalism works out better in Canada, because they don't try to force the "melting pot" idea. They allow immigrants to keep their culture and integrate at their own pace. Even then, there is no perfect form of multiculturalism. It always ends badly. Someday the US and Canada will go the way of Yugoslavia, the USSR, Austro-Hungary, etc.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.