[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is gym culture like in your country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10
What is gym culture like in your country?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPssCRYZvII
>>
>>60182110
Props to that dude.

Life change m8.
>>
what do you mean? well, it is very important here nowadays, it's very strange when someone doesn't go to gym, in every corner there is one
>>
File: nnW5DTXSC28.jpg (5 KB, 201x129) Image search: [Google]
nnW5DTXSC28.jpg
5 KB, 201x129
>>60182110
It's a fuckin meme, gym lads are considered as dumb subhumans.
Drinking vodka and taking krokodil is much more admirable stuff.
>>
Protein and other stupid shit must be taken for '''''''gains''''''''
>>
>>60182110
Not sure what I'm supposed to think about this. He was probably a nice enough guy even when fat. Now he just looks like an attention-whoring tryhard. Who decides it'd be a good idea to 1. Wear a hat at the gym, 2. Stand in front of a mirror the whole time, and 3. Take selfies while doing both of those?
>>
>>60182110
What the fuck does "gym culture" mean?

People just go and lift weights, what the fuck?

>>60182244
>Protein, a macronutrient is stupid

lmao
>>
>>60182271
>He was probably a nice enough guy even when fat. Now he just looks like an attention-whoring tryhard. Who decides it'd be a good idea to 1. Wear a hat at the gym, 2. Stand in front of a mirror the whole time, and 3. Take selfies while doing both of those?

Proof that once someone outperforms someone else they get bitter.

You think he "was probably nice when he was fat" because he didn't pose a threat to you or make you feel insecure
>>
>>60182271

shoo gains goblin

shoo shoo
>>
>>60182285
it's stupid when it's taken in a powdered form
>>
>>60182311
this
>>
>>60182244
>>60182271
>>60182404
>America
>Gym
>Culture
>>
>>60182271
t. has never been fat or a still fat person trying to defend the lifestyle

People like you deserve to be hanged
>>
File: billy2.jpg (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
billy2.jpg
24 KB, 500x500
>>60182110
gym ''''culture''''
>>
>>60182404
>t's stupid when it's taken in a powdered form

What the fuck are you talking about you legit retard?

You mean whey?

That's a byproduct of milk, same as how milk can be used to make cheese or other shit
>>
What's a normal mass increase per month?

I've have gained 9 kg since the first week of march (3 kg per month)
>>
>>60182110
Narcissistic and homosexual.

>>60182154
>Life change m8.
He looked confident and tougher on the left. He looks skinny and insecure on the right.
>>
>>60182462
>It is more confident to be fat, weak and unattractive

Nice try fattie
>>
>>60182271
When you actually put work in to make your body amazing, you can take as many fucking selfies as you like.
But obviously you know nothing about self-improvement.
>>
Very prevalent. There are three gyms on my block.
>>
>>60182311
Meathead brigade incoming. Nice non-agitated double post too, brah.

>pose a threat to you
Fuck are you even talking about? You mean a physical threat? I'm a fat manlet, if he's even average height he would have posed a threat to me when fat anyway

>make you feel insecure
Why is the "after" picture supposed to make me feel insecure? I just feel pity for him honestly.. Anyone who has to be an attention whore about their workout shit is just doing it as a pathetic attempt to seek approval from others. If you want to work out and build muscle, cool. If you enjoy doing those things, even better. It should be a private thing where you focus on self-improvement, though, not an exercise in self-aggrandizement. And the focus on self-improvement should be about improving your mind as much as your body.
>>
>>60182443
>>60182489
Jesus Christ. This is just a random guy on the Internet, get his dick out of your mouth.
>>
File: tumblr_nyqjhqnIFc1v0pigno1_1280.jpg (365 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyqjhqnIFc1v0pigno1_1280.jpg
365 KB, 750x725
>>60182518
>Fuck are you even talking about?

I'm talking about now that he looks better than you and would easily out-measure you on the social ladder just by his looks you feel the need to append things like "Insecure", "probably homosexual" or "he's so vain and he's probably dumb, i bet he has 80 iq STUPID MEATHEAD".

>I just feel pity for him honestly.. Anyone who has to be an attention whore about their workout shit is just doing it as a pathetic attempt to seek approval from others

Why are you so buttblasted that someone worked hard to improve himself and reach a goal and is proud enough of his body and accomplishments to take some pictures?

Does it remind you that you're a fat useless piece of shit that has never committed himself to accomplishing anything ever?
>>
Here comes all the fuckheads who are so self-indulged and vain they can't go two hours without sending a selfie to snapchat or facebook
>>
File: ll-cool-j-licking-his-lips-.jpg (54 KB, 488x400) Image search: [Google]
ll-cool-j-licking-his-lips-.jpg
54 KB, 488x400
>>60182590
Does it upset you that nobody would want to see your selfies and that you yourself are disgusted with the way you look?
>>
>>60182110
Imagine a more racist Zyzz with a South African accent and vocabulary.
>>
>>60182485
>Nice try fattie
You don't know shit. He's covering his bald spot and he's taking selfies like a girl now. He's insecure. He looked normal before.

>weak and unattractive
Top MMA guys and strong man competitors don't look like body builders. They look "fat" like the left side of the pic. He looks weak now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wfcQVxV5Cw
>>
File: niaisazaoficial.jpg (50 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
niaisazaoficial.jpg
50 KB, 640x640
>>60182110
girls here workout a lot, most girls who aren't fat/chubby are kinda fit
>>
>>60182590
>>60182665
Never gonna make it.
>>
>>60182665
>He's covering his bald spot

So? That's what you do other than rogaine or a hair transplant.

>he's taking selfies like a girl now

Wow how horrible to be proud of something that 90% of the US population does NOT have.

>Top MMA guys and strong man competitors don't look like body builders. They look "fat" like the left side of the pic. He looks weak now.

So he looked "stronger" when he had a huge stomach and couldn't do 10 pushups or run for 15 minutes without stopping?

Yeah good try fattie.
>>
>>60182462
hambeast detected
>>
>>60182588
>I'm talking about now that he looks better than you and would easily out-measure you on the social ladder just by his looks you feel the need to append things like "Insecure", "probably homosexual" or "he's so vain and he's probably dumb, i bet he has 80 iq STUPID MEATHEAD".
Never said any of that, or anything remotely like that. Why would you try to put words in my mouth like that Why so defensive? Are you actually this guy? I'm beginning to think so.

>Why are you so buttblasted that someone worked hard to improve himself and reach a goal and is proud enough of his body and accomplishments to take some pictures?
I'm not buttblasted. Ironically, you're writing walls of text and whole phrases in all-caps in some bizarre attempt to prove I'm the angry one here.

>proud enough of his body and accomplishments to take some pictures
And he'll be even prouder if other people line up to e-fellate him, like you seem to be doing. The pictures wouldn't show up online or even be taken if he wasn't looking for approval. They don't exist simply because he's proud of himself.
>>
It's that thing that rich people do.
>>
Very popular among the educated and girls. Think running, cycling and skiing is more popular than lifting though. Personally I could never get into anything for more than a few months at a time, but I have always been in fine shape anyway.
>>
>>60182801
>It's that thing that rich people do.

You mean that thing at least 60% of your population does not do regularly?
>>
>>60182850
That's the joke
>>
>>60182110
A living hell.
It is not about being healthy for long term goals, being strong or being a good athlete. It is all shortcuts. People selling shitty programs to get "that beachbod" in just 3 months just so you can go back to your shitty self after beach season is over.
Everyone just wants to take shortcuts which is why all those programs and supplements get sold in the first place. Overall this is true in many places but America especially.
>>
>>60182743
>So?
So he's insecure. You're autistic so you can't read into body language.
>Wow how horrible to be proud
Yes it's horrible that someone who looked confident is now an attention starved bitch like you.
>>
Adding to >>60182923 dumb fucks like >>60182271 also exist.
>>
>>60182946
But he seems more confident now, i think he's happy with how he looks instead.

Do you think pic related is confident when women and men alike wretch and begin dryheaving upon seeing (and smelling) him waddle into somewhere or sit next to them?
>>
>>60182271
His possible niceness doesn`t matter. It's not healthy to have that type of body, and It's a good thing that that bloke made an actual effort to get in shape and live a healthier and better life.
>>
>>60182958
He's an attention whore, dude. Do your workouts, do your lifts, focus on yourself, don't draw attention to yourself, and fucking be done with it. Don't expect the whole world to line up and suck your cock afterwards.
>>
>>60183011
But attention whoring is fun when you have something to show, it's only not fun when no one reciprocates.
>>
>>60182110
Gyms are widespread here. I'm not sure about the culture though. Middle class guys and girls are into recreational lifting. Even some poorer chaps get into lifting for aesthetics. Very few get into competitive bodybuilding. Powerlifters are even fewer.
>>
>>60182988
You're comparing someone who was stout to an obese fatass. You're autistic as fuck.
>>
>>60183026
>it's only not fun when no one reciprocates
If you attach so much of your self-worth to what others think of you that a positive thing in your life (e.g. working out) is no longer as fun, that's a problem, don't you think?
>>
>>60182404
No its not. Its no different than if you take it in any other form.
>>60182518
> It should be a private thing where you focus on self-improvement, though, not an exercise in self-aggrandizement.
You fuckers will take pictires of all your "accomplishments" and post it all over social media but once someone's physique is involved he is a douchebag
>>60182665
You're not an mma fighter nor do you compete in strongman. You're not strong you're just fat. No other way around it.
>>
>>60183026
>But attention whoring is fun when you have something to show

Like this fat nerd would know.
>>
>>60183077
don't bother dude.

forgot this isn't /biz/ nor is it /fit/ where people actually care about going somewhere in life.

This is /int9k/
>>
>>60182110
The gym is a magical place. I have witnessed a woman running at full speed.
>>
>>60182210
>In 1975 just 19% of Brazilian men and 29% of Brazilian women were overweight: In 2014 those figures are now 54% and 48% respectively.
>"In Brazil, being thin is associated with poverty, so culture has accepted being heavier as a desirable trait," says Uauy. This dramatic change in food culture has made cardiovascular disease and stroke the leading cause of death in the country according to Uauy -- followed closely by diabetes.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/09/health/beating-the-bulge-brazil-obesity/

>Alarmingly, more than half of Brazil’s population has become overweight, compared to 43% in 2006.
>“If Brazil’s does not change its ways, it could be the most obese nation in the next 15 years”.
http://www.businessinsider.com/brazil-on-track-to-be-most-obese-in-world-2015-10

>Only 15 percent of Brazilian adults are active in their free time. The Economist revealed a study this week that showed that Brazilians are among the most sedentary in the world – even more than Americans. Over 40 percent of Brazilian men and over 50 percent of Brazilian women get insufficient exercise, the study says. With record sales of cars, TVs, and computers, it's getting easier to avoid exercise.
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Americas/Latin-America-Monitor/2012/0730/Supersized-Brazil-Obesity-a-growing-health-threat

Fat Boom in Brazil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2azliyij-o

Most "Beautiful Fat" Girl Contest In Brazil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLZozdlAYEY
>>
>>60183077
>You fuckers will take pictires of all your "accomplishments" and post it all over social media
That's called attention-whoring. I used to do that when I was younger, but thankfully I grew out of it. Please don't lump me in with the other faggots who live half their lives on Instagram.

>once someone's physique is involved he is a douchebag
I don't even give a rip that his selfie-itis is related to working out, dude. A selfie-taker is a selfie-taker.
>>
>>60183011
If you have something to show do you hide it? No. Everyone brags about their accomplishments but once physique is involved its the boogeman of all accomplishments.
>>60183107
Its the culture in America that gets people to freak out every time they see a nipple or a bicep vain.
>>
>>60183140
What is your problem with selfies? Would it make you feel better if we all had personal photographers follow us around?
>>
File: pepe_feelsgood.png (110 KB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
pepe_feelsgood.png
110 KB, 330x270
>>60183137
>Most "Beautiful Fat" Girl Contest In Brazil:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLZozdlAYEY [Embed]

I even can feel the smell.
>>
>>60183193
It's attention-whoring. If you do it you're putting yourself in the same league as the 11-year-old girls that are all over social media these days. Don't let me stop you, but don't expect everyone to be blindly supportive of you if you regularly do that selfie shit.
>>
>>60183271
It sounds like you just have a bad history with selfies.
>>
File: form function.jpg (301 KB, 637x558) Image search: [Google]
form function.jpg
301 KB, 637x558
>>60183077
>You're not an mma fighter nor do you compete in strongman
You're obviously not from /fit/ or /asp/.

Why do you care about some insecure balding cam whore anyway?
>>
>>60183372
>asp
Shitty martial arts board
But i have done bjj, wrestling, boxing and taekwondo. I dont know where you got the idea that being a fat fuck helps in any fighting style. If it did guys like McGregor wouldnt be wasting their time getting lean.
You are right about most strongman competitors being fat but again most fat people dont compete in strongman.
>>
i think its like any civilized place, some people are crazy about the gym and go like 4 hours a day, and some others just use it to waste time and talk to girls. And there are a lot of gyms, i personally prefer other kinds of workout
>>
>>60183351
>It sounds like you just have a bad history with selfies.

He probably posted a bunch of selfies and some cute girls told him to cut it out or he got zero likes and got mad and is now raging a holy war against anyone having fun
>>
>>60183372
Dude having 50lbs of fucking fat doesn't make you stronger in any way, fat has no purpose it's dead weight.

Being strong is relative to your weight. If you can deadlift 500lbs but you're a fat fuck who WEIGHS 300lbs that doesn't mean anything. Whereas being 160lbs and deadlifting 405 is impressive.
>>
>>60183805
Do not bother expaining that to Americans.
People here eat all these high cholesterol foods and do minimal physical activity then convince themselves "they need protein"
>>
>>60182462
this
>>
>>60183570
>But i have done bjj, wrestling, boxing and taekwondo. I dont know where you got the idea that being a fat fuck helps in any fighting style
You haven't done shit.
>>
>>60184167
Okay Mr.StrongmanMMAfighter
>>
>>60183805
In your Street Fighter world 100lbs girls can beat up massive tall men. You're autistic.
>>
My country has a fever that can only the gym and fitness can cure.
>>
>>60184191
Maybe you took a few classes and dropped out when you were 12 but you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>60182110
dunno, I work out in a home gym for maximal autism
>>
>>60184220
>In your Street Fighter world 100lbs girls can beat up massive tall men. You're autistic.

No you dumbfuck, I'm saying strength is relative to your weight.

That's why in powerlifting and nearly every sport you have WEIGHT CLASSES you fucking retard.

Since you have such severe autism i'll bring it to your love of fighting examples. You have different weightclasses in UFC, boxing, what have you.

You don't put a welterweight against a super heavyweight and use that as a measure of who's a better fighter. That's retarded
>>
>>60184317
I wrestled for a year and did bjj for 2 years.
I certainly know more than some fatty who think guy on the left looks "tough"
>>
>>60184299
It's too bad gym culture doesn't cure shit humor and being a lonely fag.
>>
>>60184683
I have a homegym too.
Truly the greatest thing for cocoon mode.
>>
>>60182110
I go to gym for stealing milf's sweaty panties
>>
>>60185049
>milfs
absolutely shit fetish desu senpai
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.