[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anglos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1463465395790.jpg (16 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1463465395790.jpg
16 KB, 540x540
>mfw anglos think that english being the world language has made them acheive cultural victory
>mfw in reality different cultures are using english to effectively destroy anglo culture and dominate culturally their countries
jajajajajajajah
>>
KOBE

TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
>>
Yeah that's what we've been doing...haha...totally.
>>
>>60180617
Language is culture, like it or not
>>
>>60183192
t. PadraĆ­g L. Eprechaun
>>
why are you infected by Anglo imperialism everytime we speak this nauseating language, they get impowerment at the expense of decling our native tongue

say no to angloism
>>
>>60183268
t. Chang
>>
>>60183229
language is a tool to express culture not culture per se
>>
>>60183935
You literally couldn't be more wrong
>>
>>60184168
so language by itself can express what a culture wants to express or a person that uses the language express their thoughts through it therefore using the language to express his culture? If you agree with the first one, therefore every paki that speaks english are part of the anglo culture by default not mattering the cultural differences. But yeah language is a tool to convey thoughts and it was created by a certain kind of culture, but that doesn't mean another culture can appropriate it and use it to express their culture with it
>>
>>60180617
>mfw anglos think that english being the world language has made them acheive cultural victory

Well I guess its just a coincidence you're currently posting on a English-language image board website, using English you actually had to put effort in to learn as a second language, and living in a country where learning English or Spanish is mandatory in all 12 grade of the education system.
>>
>>60185079
>speaking a language = cultural victory
then why you guys got so much problems with immigrants if the whole world shares your culture?
>>
>>60185204
I'm not saying speaking another cunts language translates directly into cultural victory, but language is a form of culture. If by chance, Portugal created a colonial empire like Britain's or Brazil became the global economic and military superpower like the US, all the Anglo countries would be learning Portuguese in school instead. See my point.
>>
>>60185595
>language is a form of culture
So speaking English makes me anglo? Can't I use english to express different thoughts of my own culture? Also yeah, due to US hegemony we study english but that doesn't really imply on we agreeing or absorbing US culture, we just have more access to it, therefore we can more easily accept it or deny it. If you guys were a cultural superpower we would mostly accept your ways and become one of your own, but that doesn't really happen, and as you can see with the US they are so desperate to the point of building a Wall
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.