[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will learning a new language ever become obsolete?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: snake-sweater.jpg (331 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
snake-sweater.jpg
331 KB, 960x1280
Will learning a new language ever become obsolete?
>>
>>60138295
Don't think so, a world where everybody speaks English would be boring
>>
>>60138295
>Will learning a new language ever become obsolete

What did he mean by this?
>>
nope, language is the expression of creation

ones when a universal language does penetrate everywhere new languages will arise up as counter to its ubiquity
one might not learn it for necessity but multiplicity of language itself can never die
>>
>>60138295

Nah. Only certain languages will become obsolete. Pick something spoken in more than 1 country.
>>
>>60138295
Despite technology becoming ever more convenient, and English becoming a stable in the curriculum of many foreign countries...

>Languages will never disappear
>In terms of practicality, knowing languages will always be useful
>Languages are a healthy thing to learn, because it allows one to truly learn a country's culture, old and new
>>
>>60138295
For native English speakers yes, real-time translation will be performed through your phone in 10 years tops
The only real reason to learn a language after that is the 'look how smart I am' factor
>>
>>60138679
>The only real reason to learn a language after that is the 'look how smart I am' factor
Not really, if you moved to a non-Anglo country you'd inevitably pick up the language even if you tried not to.
>>
>>60138679
Instant translation devices will be convenient for speeches, and formal things. It will be quite practical for a tourist as well. However, if anyone has any desire to live in a foreign country for any period of time this just won't cut it. Could you imagine having to put every conversation you have through a machine? Nah breh

Language learning is beneficial for more than just "muh bragging rights". It's also a great way to help to expand your mind and maintain a healthy, functioning brain. Seriously, imagine having to completely rethink the way you speak. Having the speech capacity of a small child. Learning and challenging yourself every day. Suddenly the words "the" and "a" don't exist. Everything you thought you knew about language is thrown out the window. Your alphabet, your speech patterns, your idioms. These mean nothing now. Your brain benefits tremendously from this struggle.

I'm tired af brah don't mind me.
>>
>will

kek, it's already obsolete as fuck. Anyone who denies it is lying to himself.
>>
>>60141834
Besides, there is nothing like seeing the faces of people light up when they hear you speak their own language.
>>
>>60141500
Not really desu. You have to be quite dedicated to actually follow through on a second language, whether you're immersed there or not.
>>
Yeah i think it will be so.
for example,in todays japanese over half of words are loanword from English.
>>
>>60138295
I really don't like snakes
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.