[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which empire would you compare to ants? Quality of ants: >massive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (1 MB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1136x640
Which empire would you compare to ants?

Quality of ants:
>massive numbers
>win by outnumbering their enemies
>extremely loyal to their royalty
>not afraid to die
>very coordinated in strategy
>can pretty much defeat anything if they need to
>>
obvious China
>>
>>60043082
it depends. china is made up of a vast array of stages in history. there is a difference between the warring states, ming dinasty, qing dinasty, early republic, PRC, modern PRC, etc.
>>
>>60043148
japan more like

china has had successive dynasties due to unruly populations
>>
China, minus being able to defeat anything and their extreme loyalty
>>
China

My great uncle during the Korean war said they looked like ants coming over the hills when they were bombing the shit out of them but they just kept coming
>>
>>60043171
>massive numbers
Err, no.
Japanese war was mostly internal and to some degree its politics were like a scale model of China/Middle Ages Europe until the end of the Sengoku Jidai. Then there was the Tokugawa and the Sankoku, and with the Meiji restauration Japan started to beat the fuck out of everyone while being outnumbered, namely, in the Russo Japanese War and invasion of Manchuria. later on on the russian civil war and ww2 as well.

Lol, no. Meiji restauration, Satsuma Rebellion Tokugawa Bakufu, Sengoku Jidai, Ashikaga Shogunate, Kenmu Restauration, Geipei War, Kamakura Shogunate, etc, these were all times of internal war. Japan is arguably one of the countries with most civil wars ever, probaly only after China.

>not afraid to die

Fair enough, although I might disagree with cordinated strategy, specially when it comes to early WW2.
>>
>>60043171
nah, Japan is more like a beehive
>>
>>60042017
I would say the british empire, except for the first two.
>>
>>60043282
they always use their "protect the emperor" excuse for all of their civil wars, the shogun by definition is not the royalty he is the military minister

even the kemmu restoration they had two courts of emperors seeking justification from royal blood

having one of the last empire on earth is attributed to that
>>
i would say russia, except for this:
>massive numbers
>not afraid to die
>>
mongols are the obvious answer
>>
>>60043323
Cheers.
>>
>>60043468
the mongols are not loyal, it broke up because of it
>>
File: sn-antsinfo.png (456 KB, 672x1244) Image search: [Google]
sn-antsinfo.png
456 KB, 672x1244
>massive numbers
>not afraid to die

>implying
>>
>>60042017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph-CA_tu5KA
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.