[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people talk about political issues in your country? Here in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: EmperorTrump.jpg (90 KB, 399x482) Image search: [Google]
EmperorTrump.jpg
90 KB, 399x482
Do people talk about political issues in your country? Here in America many people get uncomfortable and leave the room when someone brings politics up.
>>
Only uncultured pigs talk about politics or religion.
>>
>>60023307
This
>>
Only uncultured pigs don't talk about politics or religion.
>>
File: philodreyfus.png (406 KB, 514x647) Image search: [Google]
philodreyfus.png
406 KB, 514x647
>>60023211
We talk about it in family and with close friends quite often, unless two views really clash or the level of the debate is really poor

You might not be interested in politics, but politic is interested in you
>>
>>60023211
same. only egoistic uneducated scum talks about politics in public.
>>
File: 4.jpg (38 KB, 253x311) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
38 KB, 253x311
>don't talk about politics
idiots
>>
>>60023211
>Here in America many people get uncomfortable and leave the room when someone brings politics up.

But that's false.
>>
>>60023211
It's pretty common to get into an argument with someone but most of the time is just people who agree with each other
>>
>>60023868
>putin is great
>yes, yes he is, he's amazing
>he's gonna show those eurogays some respect
>also that monkey obama
>the west will fall and russia will be great again
>god bless putin
>lets go see lenin's mummy
>god bless lenin
>>
Generally speaking, you don't bring up politics except with friends. Even then, excessive focus on it is unbecoming.
People in the US who spend alot of time speaking about politics find themselves without lasting relationships.
>>
You don't really bring it up out of nowhere, but open discussion about specific issues is all right among friends. Dutch people always have their own opinion on pretty much everything and always like to let people know that opinion.
According to traditional etiquette you shouldn't talk about politics and religion though, but not many people mind that too much.
>>
File: SAD-thumb-127x102.jpg (42 KB, 453x364) Image search: [Google]
SAD-thumb-127x102.jpg
42 KB, 453x364
>someone brings up gender
I've seen friendships and relationships broken up over this. It's gotten pretty bad on the internet too. Religious and political discussions are far more tame. Such a shame to see how seemingly moderate people have decided to take a extreme left or right stance on gender now.
>>
>>60024667
What's the issue with gender?
>>
>>60023211
No, I don't talk about politics with my friends, unless I know that I agree with them. I discuss it freely with my family (here I know for sure that they don't vote for fascists).

Talking about politics is the easiest to do online
>>
>>60025821
Oh, and traditional place where Slovaks talk about politics is in the pub
>>
>>60024884

There are only 2 of them
>>
>>60023211
With close friends and family yes.Talking about clash between ideas are always fun if two sides respect each other. But if someone I don't know talks about politics, I always ignore him/her and almost all of my My acquaintance does that too .Because that ones clearly a party fanatics.
>>
>>60024884
>muh wimmins liberation
women get extremely butthurt if you question feminism
>>60025821
>No, I don't talk about politics with my friends, unless I know that I agree with them.
typical leftist cant handle opposing views
im quite right wing and live in an extremely left wing town and often have discussions about politics. it never gets out of hand either.
>>
>>60023211
politics is a pretty popular subject in my family/circle of friends.
Religion nobody really talks about.
>>
>>60026092
Nobody cares about your special little opinion, you annoying cunt.

I won't start a fight over some bullshit like that. There are other, more important, things in life than politics and religion.
>>
>>60026202
>hes so autistic he cant have a calm serious political discussion with someone he disagrees with
top jej
>>
>>60026289
These things are intimate and people tend to identify with their political or religious affiliation.

You can't persuade them with discussion, so what's the point? You must be a very fanatical, boring and unbearable person.
>>
>>60026417
>not getting angry when people disagree with you means youre fanatical
jesus dont you have some refugees to welcome
>>
>>60026496
I'm sure your friends, if you have any, can't stand your preaching and tirades about politics

Get a life
>>
>>60026496
that's not what he said though, he just said discussing politics is often pointless. If you change your mind you change it because you study on your own, follow debates etc

Discussing politics in everyday situations is a waste of time tbf
>>
Everyone likes shittalking the Ontario liberals and sucking Trudeau's cock. Outside of that nobody wants to hear it
>>
>>60026590
kek you retard i rarely talk about politics
>someone else mentions politics while talking to me
>hmm well i disagree because blahblahblah
>well thats a good point but what about xyz
this is how normal people talk about politics
meanwhile you circlejerk to keep your opinions the same forever.
>>60026649
i dont disagree with that but i was talking about
>>60025821
how he doesnt talk about politics if he disagrees with them
either refuse to talk politics at all or talk with people you disagree with. anything else is spineless.
>>
>>60023211
>political issues
>finland

lmoa. this is like perfect society where nothing goes wrong.
>>
>>60023211
Stupid people, autistic people or fedoras bring politics up

The death of conversation
>>
File: Utrecht station.jpg (220 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
Utrecht station.jpg
220 KB, 800x534
>>60026764
this guy might be a bit annoying but he is right, not all people hold far-left or far-right ideals, and are more than willing to talk about issues facing society today.

Or at least that's the case in the Netherlands, a very small country.

t. center right
>>
>>60026877
honestly if i didnt talk with people who disagree with me talking politics would be impossible
probably why circlejerking pisses me off. ive had to adapt.
>>
>>60023211
>Do people talk about political issues in your country? Here in America many people [s] get uncomfortable and leave the room when someone brings politics up [/s] announce their political opinion when they walk into the room and look for someone to masturbate in the corner with. ftfy
>>
>>60023211
I sometimes talk politics when I'm drunk, but people get annoyed
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.