[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>everyone I know has played risk >love the concept >never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1462528836773051681.jpg (98 KB, 800x354) Image search: [Google]
1462528836773051681.jpg
98 KB, 800x354
>everyone I know has played risk
>love the concept
>never had the opportunity
>idea always comes up when at someone's summer house
(fyi everyone has a copy at their summer house like it's the law)
>always excited
>"maybe not today it takes so long"
>never get to experience it
>now too old
>no friends
>never get invited anywhere anymore
>will never play risk

how come every fucking normie who doesn't even care about history or wars or strategy games has gotten to experience it but I don't rrrääää
>>
Play Paradox games, they are infinitely better and you don't have to interact with humans.
>>
>>59998505
I have been playing them since victoria 1 but it's not the same
>>
>>59998505
This desu
Risk is okay but its easy to lose focus and get bored
Its also way too simple for the required play time
>>
>>59998537
Fucking desu
>trolled by japanese moot again
>>
Risk is a completely garbage game
/tg/ here, by the way. Seriously, it's trash.
>>
>>59998632
of course it's garbage to someone who takes board games seriously. no shit? it's a socially acceptable game, of course it won't appeal to the HARD CORE AUDIENCE. I'm not a board game nerd nor do I want to play it with board game nerds. I want to play risk with normal people just like monopoly or alias or something.
>>
>>59998576
Always gets me desu senpai
>>
i could never beat my dad at scrabble, but i always beat him at risk
>>
>>59998696
You sound like a fucking normie yourself, m8.
>>
>>59998696
Listen fag, here's what normies don't understand. Those "socially acceptable" boardgames are not actually any more hardcore than a lot of lesser known games that nerds play. The rules to, say Monopoly, are more complex than shit like Chinatown or Settlers of Catan (which is normalised, by the way), but the games are much less fun. Chinatown is actually REALLY fucking fun, yet has stupid easy rules and the games only last forty minutes.

Risk's rules are sort of simple? They're also just not intuitive. The gameplay is repetitive and there's very little player input. You might as well play craps in an alleyway on cardboard with niggers.

Games like Risk, Monopoly, and Sorry are only played by normies like you because you think playing something your parents haven't heard of will make you a social pariah.
>>
File: 1457910320149.png (1 MB, 4504x2866) Image search: [Google]
1457910320149.png
1 MB, 4504x2866
You're always welcome to play risk with us :3
>>
>>59999070
we played a shit ton of china town one summer desu. we bought it while on a road trip kind of deal. I think I still have it somewhere at my parent's place. good game.

tbqh I don't give a shit if those games aren't much more difficult to learn. I don't want to be the guy forcing 8 other people to learn the rules to a game no one has ever heard of.
>>
>>59999155
How hard is explaining rules, really. Because the rules to Risk are so Draconian, you end up doing it every time you play anyway.

I'm not saying you don't have the right to your feels, but I am saying that you're absolutely not missing anything and that you and your kind's obsession with the shitpile that is Risk is a big part of why you can't convince anyone you know to play Risk with you.

Everyone you know has already experienced it such that they know they don't want to play it.
>>
>>60000000
>>
>>59998468
Visit me Pekka, we can play together at my summer house :3
>>
>>60002678
different Pekka here
do you have things hung at summer cottage walls?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua1FAlHt_Ys
>>
>>60002856
Few deer heads and a stuffed pheasant. And some random shit decor from 60's
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.