[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one go about learning Classical Latin or Greek aside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
How does one go about learning Classical Latin or Greek aside from a university?
>>
>>
The grammar is complex enough in both that you need to sit down and read textbooks and study the old fashioned way doing writing exercises and things like that, eventually graduating to reading texts without knowing a lot of it and slowly piecing it together. Anki can help with vocabulary but not much outside a textbook will teach grammar.

Latin will be easier as it has more resources and really cool stuff like Lingua Latina per se Illustrata (probably spelled it wrong) that guides you through reading without needing to know anything in the beginning. But you can still cheat and memorize vocabulary from the book for practice. For both Latin and Greek they have books that show translated and original text side by side for easy comparison, but those aren't super useful in the beginning.
>>
We have it at high school
>>
like any other language
get a book and study, also practice
>>
Go to a good school
Then forget it all since you never practice it
T.learnt Latin and can't speak a lick of it
>>
>His Niggershithole doesn't teach Latin and ancient Greek
>>
File: kongou entzückt.png (259 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
kongou entzückt.png
259 KB, 640x640
>>59997954
I want to lick her toes.
>>
I just read books
>>
i did both in high school

poor choice desu fampi
>>
>>59997954
If you're willing to pay
http://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/latin-101-learning-a-classical-language.html

http://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/history/greek-101-learning-an-ancient-language.html
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.