[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You may only post in this thread if your country has had a chess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: highest300.png (53 KB, 300x437) Image search: [Google]
highest300.png
53 KB, 300x437
You may only post in this thread if your country has had a chess player above 2800 on the live rating list.

Not so fast, Azerbaijan.
>>
Posting!
>>
File: Fabiano Caruana.jpg (142 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
Fabiano Caruana.jpg
142 KB, 427x640
>>59986740
Notably, Fabiano Caruana achieved his peak rating while he still was an Italian player. He now plays for the United States, as his dual citizenship allows.
>>
>He honestly believes prime Fischer would lose to Carlsen
>>
>>59987662
1. Go to http://2700chess.com/all-fide-players
2. Choose "Portugal" from the "Federation" scrolldown menu
3. Cry
>>
>>59987781
on of the former pro dota players is on 40. He was part of TR team long time ago
>>
>>59987781
>Go to http://2700chess.com/all-fide-players
>OP isn't there
>Wondering why he's piggybacking on the achievements of others
>OP doesn't realize I don't give to squirts of piss about this cesspool of a country and can legally move to a better one at will

And even worse
>OP deluded himself into believing current Carlsen would beat prime Fischer
>>
>>59986663

>So
>>
>>59987964
I'm actually there, if you look closely.

Also, many people, like Spassky and Petrosian, beat Fischer in his prime. In fact, Petrosian outplayed Fischer for the first half of their Candidates match in 1971, in spite of the equal score after five games.
>>
>>59988062
>I'm actually there, if you look closely.
>Magnus Carlsen is currently shitposting on a burmanese serigraphy exchange network
Well, the point isn't beating someone once, but consistently, which is essentially what Elo ratings represent. I thought that was implied.
>>
>>59988186
Yes. Carlsen would score very decently against Fischer. Many draws, but more wins than losses. The players of today are considerably stronger than the players of the sixties or seventies.
>>
>>59986663
>Nakamura

Yow.
>>
>>59988243
That's in the scenario that Carlsen goes back in time.

Fischer with access to modern computer chess tactics (you seem to understand the game so I won't bother explaining how important these are) would consistently fare better against Magnus than the other way around.
>>
>>59988358
It seems to me that you are well aware of the merits of Bobby Fischer, but do you understand how good Carlsen really is? Fischer was the clear #1 of the early seventies much thanks to his diligent work with opening preparation, but nobody had computers, and there were fewer players of world-class playing strength. Being the clear #1 when there are many more world-class players, all of whom have access to strong computers to help prepare, is a much greater feat.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 807x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 807x750
this is OP
>>
>>59988493
We will simply never agree on this, since I'm a firm believer that while a future prime Carlsen might beat prime Fischer with access to computer prepared openings, current Carlsen would still find himself losing more often than he won.
>>
please explain to me how there are poo in loos and eastern europoors that are great chess players but japan and shitain dont
>>
>>59989276
Michael Adams won Dortmund 2013 ahead of Caruana and Kramnik, while Nakamura is half Japanese.
>>
>>59989276
because wealth doesnt equal intelligence
>>
>>59986663
Why are slavs so good at chess
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.