[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stephen Harper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: F-5L3PE0.png (292 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
F-5L3PE0.png
292 KB, 470x470
Recently immigrated to Canada, and I was wondering why does everyone hate Harper so much?

Every time the name comes up people talk like he's the modern Hitler, but every time I ask for a reason they just say 'ugh I don't know he was just bad'.

So maybe you guys could enlighten me.

I'd love to hear from both sides.
>>
>>59969117
He got voted out because the oil and other commodity prices fell, and people thought taking in only 10,000 refugees, banning the niqab and banning polygamy and female circumcision was bad.
>>
>>59969195
>banning female circumcision and biquab was bad
Canadians seemed pretty feminist to me, huh.

Also could you explain why it was his fault for the oil and shit?
>>
>>59969117
Are you brown ?
>>
>>59969402
Ukrainian.
Not from Ukraine though, I move around alot.
>>
>>59969340
>could you explain why it was his fault for the oil and shit?
It wasn't his fault, it was clearly out of his control, he just played a dirty campaign centered around refugees and the niqab, and people saw Obama 2.0 in Trudeau and voted for him instead.

Also, a lot of people in Atlantic Canada voted for Trudeau because they didn't like the reforms made to unemployment insurance made by the Conservatives.
>>
>>59969117

Harper was great. But we live in a time where if someone is leader long enough (8 years) people forget the good and focus on the bad. Muh Harper being bad became a nation wide meme because people were tired of the same person, so they went with the opposite of Harper in the most recent election.

I voted Harper 3 times, but I'm okay with him not being elected because I understand some change should be made. I respect what he did as a leader and miss him, but Trudeau, as stupid as he can be in his comments and focuses does have some good ideas. Mainly in regards to spending more into the economy, and more care for seniors, both of which I'm 100% for. Legalisation of weed I think is good, even though I don't smoke myself, but more tax dollars help.
>>
Take this to /pol/. This thread doesn't belong on /int/, especially a shitty troll thread.
>>
>>59969822

How is it a troll thread?
>>
>>59970069
Because you're obviously not an immigrant, and you're baiting for replies.
>>
>>59969117
Harper was a decent PM. However we needed new leadership.
>>
>>59970095

I'm not OP, I'm >>59969576

I don't know how you made that assessment that he's not who he says 2bh
>>
>>59969195
Distortion.

He got voted out because his economic plan was lopsided and focused on resources without much of a plan for anything else.

That alone wouldn't have cost him the election, but he also passed a deeply unpopular terrorism bill that was criticized both from the right and left and statist and oppressive.

He was right wing, but not the pro-freedom anti-state kind.

He was right wing, the centralized power and zero transparency kind.
>>
http://m.thetyee.ca/Opinion/2015/08/10/Harper-Abuses-of-Power-Final/
>>
>>59970095
OP here, I'm an immigrant you cyкa блять
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.