[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teach me about Turkmenistan, /int/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: türkmenistan.png (188 KB, 540x384) Image search: [Google]
türkmenistan.png
188 KB, 540x384
Teach me about Turkmenistan, /int/.
>>
>>59952741
There are horse meat burgers there.
>>
>>59952761
Why do barbarians eat horse? Horses are for riding.
>>
>>59952799
Ever tasted the horse meat, faggot?
>>
It's as secretive as North Korea
>>
File: tshirt turkmen.jpg (472 KB, 1425x767) Image search: [Google]
tshirt turkmen.jpg
472 KB, 1425x767
>>59952799
Why not both?
>>
>>59952825
No, I don't eat noble animals. I wouldn't eat a dog.
>>
>>59952881
>noble animals
Ayy lmao.
What else, Santa is real?
>>
I don't understand the stigma attached to eating horse, dog, or other so called noble creatures. They wouldn't be my first choice for food, but if that's all you have you make do.
>>
>>59952799
my friend is from turkmenistan and he told me that back in the middle ages, a lot of turkmenistani men went to war, but kept the horses at home. The warriors returned to see their women fucking the horses so from that day they killed and ate every horse they had.
>>
>>59952825
Don't listen to that retard, horse meat is delicious.

Isn't Turkmenistan some kind of hilarious super-dictatorship?
>>
>>59952995
Me neither but again we eat horse meat here.

>>59952741
what I don't get is why t*rkic take the piss China when they already have t*rkmenistan and t*rkey, pan-t*rkism is retarded
>>
>>59953137
pan-turkism wasnt even mentioned by anybody until the late 19th century and the beginning of 20th century.

And at that time it was too late for Turkey to be able to undertake such a big project. It still is but we are trying to strengthen ties since the last few decades especially with the fall of Soviets
>>
>>59952799
Early breeds of horse couldn't even support human weight and predated the use of wheel, why do you think people domesticated them?
>>
>>59953137
Because Turkic people have a history there and currently inhabit it.

>>59953232
You're making tis is a semntical issue and lack vision.
Most people have no clue about the Turkicness of the Mongol Empire or about the gigantic list of Turkic empires and ventures.
Wat you call Pan-Turkism is simply another term for Turkic conglomerate, those are as old as the Turkic people.
>>
File: bride.jpg (665 KB, 827x1143) Image search: [Google]
bride.jpg
665 KB, 827x1143
Here's an awesome manga set east of the Caspian Sea in the 19th-century.
It's about a 20 year old pedo lady living in a Central Asian village. The art is amazing, and it's culturally accurate, so definitely worth the read.
>>
Op, if you're actually interested, there's a documentary about Turkmenistan called Shadow of the Holy Book, and a book by the same name written by the documentarists during and after the production.
>>
it's NK lite
>>
File: 1391771949957.jpg (9 KB, 118x126) Image search: [Google]
1391771949957.jpg
9 KB, 118x126
>>59953656
nice, thanks senpai
>>
>>59952741
visa costs 218 dollars or so.
you have to get an invitation from a Turkmen to visit it, unless you have official business of kinds.
turkmens often go to Turkish schools there and then come to Turkish universities here, through special programs.
>>
Turkmenistan was South-West Korea with gas and golden statues of their glorious leader in full size. The glorious leader had written a book on traditional muslim living (he was a communist president of Turkmenistan and state atheist for many years before), renamed months of year (one of them named for his holy book, the other for his mother, for example), opressed Russians and sold gas. Then he died, and things got somewhat better for everybody. Still sells gas through Russia. The fact is Turkmenistan will be destroyed if it tries to sell the gas through Iran or Azerbaijan or smth, plus Russians are still the technical elite and without them gas will not flow.
>>
Turkmenistan is an uninhabitable desert first traversed by imperial trans-Caspian railway in late XIX century and terraformed during Stalin reign after building artificial rivers diverting the flow from Amudarya. The project was flawed as its one of the hottest deserts and irrigation requires a lot of water. Much of it is wasted due to engineering mistakes, and became much worse after USSR when every local chief decided to make his own private canal of utterly inferior and wasteful "technology" even ancient Iranians would smirk at. Especially Iranians who long adopted the technology from Central Asia aboriginals 3500 years ago and perfected it. Sadly the Turkmen wasted Iranian tech, and then made Cockroaches on top.
>>
>Balkan province
what did he mean by this
>>
>>59952741
>Balkan province
>>
>>59960722
That you are just christianized turks, smrdsmell
>>
>>59960904
That's pretty rude Abdul
>>
>>59952799
>>59952825

East-Flemish horse meat black sausages (Lokerse paardenworsten)

British tourists still hate us for this

horse meat is delicious
>>
>>59961205
My name is Göran. Göran Lindquist.
>>
>>59961205

see
>>59956402
>>
>>59961508
That's obviously just bait
>>
File: Ashgabat.jpg (849 KB, 2088x914) Image search: [Google]
Ashgabat.jpg
849 KB, 2088x914
Ashgabat looks fucking cool, the rest of the country is probably Afghanistan-tier
>>
>>59962012
Looks like a typical post-soviet state.
>>
>>59962753
true, commie-blocks + mosques, pretty ugly
>>
You can find horse meat every Turkic state. Even here.
>>
File: 1453878752757.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1453878752757.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>>59953045
>That story aroused me.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.