[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can americans really not tell the difference between a normal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1328335936019.jpg (81 KB, 288x411) Image search: [Google]
1328335936019.jpg
81 KB, 288x411
Can americans really not tell the difference between a normal Australian accent and a british accent?
>>
No we can hear the difference easily, it's fairly distinct
>>
Australians sound like rednecks and Brits sound more sophisticated.
>>
Australians have more of a drawl or twang whereas British can't go a minute without saying the word quite.
>>
Austrailians air that shit out
>>
>>59948915
Well, I know the difference to be this:
Australians sound like cunts
Brits are cunts
>>
File: duck_PNG5011.png (3 MB, 1888x1750) Image search: [Google]
duck_PNG5011.png
3 MB, 1888x1750
Australians sound more like ducks
>>
>>59948915

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ZEPkBxQWGN
>>
File: 1327684579919.jpg (116 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1327684579919.jpg
116 KB, 600x800
>>59949342
I literally went to the effort of using the word "normal", which obviously means Melbourne.
>>
>>59948915
they sound similar but distinct at the same time
>>
Australians sound like drunk brits to me.
Really, that's what they are.
>>
>>59949392
But melbourne is mutt central, you can get wogs with aussie mong accents and the other way around..I wouldn't call that normal
>>
>be me
>playing FFXIII
>'why this two girls have a british accent?'
Found out later there accent was australian actually
Same thing happened first time I watched the Meet the Sniper video
>>
>>59948915

english say blimey and australians say crikey
>>
>>59948915
In one of my classes last semester there was a girl who talked really weird, I just thought she was mentally handicapped because she just sounded brain damaged. Weeks later she mentioned she was from Australia.
>>
>>59948915

betteridge's law of ameridumbs=

whenever you question american capabilities or intellec,t the answer wil always be that which represents american stupidity

so no
>>
I can always figure out a Brit but I can only tell Aussies when they're being stereotypical.
>>
>>59950015
What's a mong?
>>
>>59948915
>British accent
>as if there's only one

Can you tell the difference between Cockney, Scouse, Mancunian, Glaswegian, Irish, Scottish, Northern Irish, Brummie, Yorkshire, Geordie, Posh, Upper class, Upper-middle class, Middle class, Working class, Chav, Ned, Inner City, Welsh, Devon, Norfolk, Cumbria, Chelsea, Oxbridge, and a whole bunch of others?
>>
>>59950502
I could distinguish cockney, scouse, irish, scottish, yorkshire, geordie, posh, chav, welsh and oxbridge tyvm
>>
>>59950478
>>
>>59950322
Still mad about Just Cause?
Protip: If you're going to call someone dumb, don't type like a retard.
>>
>>59948915
Well tbf we can't tell there accents, I only know southern, New york, Cali and the rest and the rest
>>
does it really matter to an american
>>
>>59948915
sometimes, but New Zealand sounds and Identical to Australia

and Ireland and Scotland sound the same
>>
>>59948915
people in la/nyc yes, as we are used to hearing different anglo accents.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.