[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the theological and functional difference between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: DraziPurpleGreen01.jpg (24 KB, 574x382) Image search: [Google]
DraziPurpleGreen01.jpg
24 KB, 574x382
What's the theological and functional difference between Sunni and Shia?
>>
shias are waiting for their messiah
>>
different flavours of shit, pretty much
>>
>>59947243
Shia are right
>>
Sunni: bomb Europe
Shia: bomb Israel
>>
File: image.jpg (630 KB, 938x1425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
630 KB, 938x1425
>>59947243
Start with Google, then read "After the Prophet" (pic related). Available pdf for free online.
>>
Succession crisis after the death of Muhammad caused schism.
The shitflinging goes back centuries.
>>59947428
Both bomb both.
>>
After Muhammed died there were 4 righteous leaders.
Abu Bakr
The Big Guy
Othman
Ali

Sadly, Ali's enemies killed him only a few years into his rule. This forever shattered the Ummah (community of muslims).

The question of who's succession is righteous. Ali's descendants or those of Ayesha (Mohammeds youngest wife) led to the Shia (twelvers) who follow Ali, and Sunnis who believe in Ayesha's descendants.
>>
>>59947541
>Shia (twelvers)
Not all Shiites are twelvers. Other sects of Shia include Alevis, Alawites, etc.
>>
>>59947541
Order is specifically
The old guy Omar
The Big Guy Abu Bakr
The merchant Othman
The pious knight Ali
>>
>>59947603
I didn't mean to say them all; but mainstream shias (the ones we talk about) are twelvers who think the twelth Imam went into hiding (vanished and now is hidden) and will return during the end times.

So they mourn for his disappearance like Haruhi.
>>
File: 1447468165596.jpg (65 KB, 811x795) Image search: [Google]
1447468165596.jpg
65 KB, 811x795
>>59947541
>The Big Guy
>>
>>59947243
Who cares? All religion is BS. We don't know what's really out there and I doubt that if there was a God that he would send us to a fiery realm of eternal torture for fapping.
>>
>>59947822
For you
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.