[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I hear the Swiss will be voting on Basic Income in 10 days.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: switzerland-02.jpg (74 KB, 638x380) Image search: [Google]
switzerland-02.jpg
74 KB, 638x380
So I hear the Swiss will be voting on Basic Income in 10 days. I seriously hope you vote in favour. This is an experiment that needs to happen and there's no better place to try it.

What's the general consensus there? Does it seem popular? What are being presented as the risks/downsides?
>>
0% chance it will go through
>>
Won't that just encourage people not to work?
granted I don't know what kind of lifestyle you can lead with 2,500 a month in switzerland
>>
>>59905838
it will encourage them to follow their passion
>>
Free cheese with holes in for all of swaziland
>>
>>59905838
It will discourage work in shit people.
If the people getting the money have dreams, passions, or even a desire for goods it will be a net positive.
Hell even the shit people have a desire for goods, so the money will still enter the economy. I think it's a pretty good idea if they can afford it.
>>
>>59905972
If anywhere can afford it, it's Switzerland.

>>59905702
What's your source on that? Is the govt campaigning against it or something?
>>
>>59905838
You know how you got a part time job last year when you turned 15 so you can buy that PS4? It's kinda like that.
>>
It will not pass

t. was in the home of a swiss and he laughed at me when I asked this very question kek

they value hard work a lot, they don't like vagabonds
>>
>>59906088
i remember reading post by some mountain jew few months ago about this, its a meme
>>
>>59906131
Same culture would prevent it in the UK, unfortunately.

>>59906139
http://www.basicincome.org/news/2016/04/swiss-poll-40-percent-favour-referendum/

Seems very likely to fail. People tend to veer away from the risky/unfamiliar when push comes to shove. Same shit with the EU vote in Britain.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.