[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My ancestors converted from Judaism to Catholicism to assimilate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Optimized-zahle.jpg (1 MB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Optimized-zahle.jpg
1 MB, 1200x900
My ancestors converted from Judaism to Catholicism to assimilate into a Maronite city in Lebanon.

When my ancestors moved to Texas, they converted to Protestantism to fit in.

Am I descended from cowards and sell-outs?
>>
It's called pragmatism, son. Your existence is proof that it pays off.
>>
>>59889968
yes
>>
First my ancestors believed in Hittie gods , praised their names.
Then there came Assyrians , Lydians , Frigians , Ionians , Judaists , Orthodoxs and lastly Muslims.
Are we descendents of cowards and sell outs?
>>
>>59890025
my ancestors never once changed religion
>>
This is common.

Lost of people convert for business or social reasons to make their lives easier. They make themselves jewish/catholic/protestant/muslim/whatever on paper to open doors or get married to someone they love or make business/social connections... but they don't really believe or give a shit about the religion or the ideas.

This still happens today. Lots of 'jewish' converts who join for the girl and the money.

Hell, I have Irish catholic ancestors who turned so they could marry protestant.
>>
>>59890092
Which of these religions do you blame your brutal and authoritarian culture on?
>>
>>59890219
they were enlighted by catholicism when they left the garden of eden?
>>
>>59889968
>Am I descended from cowards and sell-outs?

Yes.

>>59890092
>Are we descendents of cowards and sell outs?

Yes.
>>
>>59890327
yes
>>
>>59890219
That's unlikely. If your family is Protestant or Sikhs, they switched in the Renaissance. If they're Catholic, they would have abandoned folk paganism during or soon after the Roman era.

In the event of your being a Buddhist or Confuscist, both of those beliefs supplanted traditional Chinese polytheism.
>>
>>59890404
>If they're Catholic, they would have abandoned folk paganism during or soon after the Roman era.
wrong

stop lying and spreading your satanist propaganda please
>>
>>59889968
It's okay. If I move to UAE I would convert to Islam, if I move to Latin America I would become catholic. If you're an atheist like me it means nothing but can help you a lot to integrate.
>>
>>59890314
Orthodoxs of course
>>
>>59889968
most people who ever changed religion throuhout history didn't do t willingly.
>>
>>59890489
This btw. All the current and former orthodox countries are violent authoritarian shitholes. I guess it's because patriarches were always just puppets of monarchs unlike in the west where church and secular power opposed each other. In MENA it continued with islam where caliphs were usually a puppets of sultans and meant nothing. In the west opposing of religious and secular power made religion less influential so people became less violent and opressive.
>>
>>59889968
Nah.

Until very recently, conversion to Christianity was the only way for Jews to assimilate. In Germany especially, mass amounts of Jewish people became Protestant or Catholic to fit in. Karl Marx, Gustav Mahler, Felix Mendelssohn are just a few obvious examples.

My pet theory is that racial anti-Semitism developed in Germany rather than Russia or France simply because of the huge population of converts or half-Jews who practiced Christianity. Persons like Emile Maurice were culturally identical to your ideal Nordic Aryan German, and often looked the same, but their tainted blood necessitated sterilization or murder.
>>
>>59890755
what about cyprus and greece?
>>
>>59889968
>one of the first christians
>now one of allahs strongholds in turkey
>>
>>59890450
I know you're being ironic. But what could your family possibly have been before jesus was born?
>>
>>59890862
I don't know much about Cyprus but Greeks had fascist government until mid-70s (google black colonels).
>>
>>59890882
>turkey
>Allah stronghold
Don't you miss Turkey with Saudi Arabia?
Also orthodoxy goes on with Islam much better than Catholicism because of mutual cultural influences. Women of both faiths should wear headscarf, men should have beard etc.
>>
>>59891971
Orthodoxs in Georgia are more fanatic than Muslims in Turkey.
>>
>my ancestors converted from ancient unknown paleolithic religions to ancient unknown neolithic religions to Judaism
Am I descended from cowards and sell-outs?
>>
>>59892310
they didnt convert enough
>>
>>59889968

Shit if the government were going to kill me for my religion I would first "convert" and then leave in order to save me and my family's tuchus. Nothing wrong with wanting your family to survive.

I doubt anyone here would allow themselves to die because they're too stupid to lie for personal gain.
>>
What would my ancestors have worshipped before Vedic religion? Considering I'm Upper Caste North Indian.
>>
>>59892815
poo in the loo
>>
>>59890404
What about Hinduists? They call it "Sanātana Dharma" (eternal way, beyond human origins) for a reason.
>>
they're only sellouts if they originally had any belief in their religion.

if to begin with they never had any religious feelings and only called themselves jewish because their parents told them to then it's not selling out
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.