[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be the most useful language to learn? I wanna learn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: nGRNU6p.jpg (46 KB, 500x623) Image search: [Google]
nGRNU6p.jpg
46 KB, 500x623
What would be the most useful language to learn?

I wanna learn french because it sounds cool, but I'm getting my degree in finance so learning mandarin might be more useful even though it sounds like garbage.
>>
>>59831363
Yeah french seems pretty useless we dont see any aussie around here
>>
English.

It's literally the only language worth learning.
>>
Chinese
>>
>>59831363
Portuguese, the most spoken language of southern hemisphere
>>
>>59831965

I do have some portugese heritage so that might be cool but MMA made me hate you guys so much.
>>
Mandarin will earn you money but you should ask yourself if you actually want to interact with Chinese people on a regular basis.
>>
>>59831363
Is there even a single tonal language that doesn't sound like ass?
>>
Pointless trying to learn Mandarin. It's not like French. It will take years of serious study as well time spent in China, and in the end you still won't be able to keep up and will need a translator for any business stuff. Only learn Mandarin if you want to live in China on a permanent basis.

French on the other hand can be learned fairly easily in one's spare time.
>>
File: 1460588389521.png (946 KB, 1400x5552) Image search: [Google]
1460588389521.png
946 KB, 1400x5552
>>59831363
>>
>>59831363
>What would be the most useful language to learn?
How long is a piece of string?
>>
Mandarin? Rerally difficult to perfect, I would go with Spanish, The latin american market is opening a lot of new possibilities that you might want to check out!
>>
>>59831363
>What would be the most useful language to learn?
1) Chinese
2) Spanish.
3) Moortuguese
>>
Finnish. We'll conquer the world at some point anyway, so why not prepare. Also memes.
>>
>>59831363
learning mandarin is a meme
>>
>>59833887

Well damn, that's very relevant, thanks.

>>59834443

Spanish does sound pretty sexy too, dumb white girls would eat that up.
>>
>>59831363
French is shit
>>
>>59834594
Or you can come to Spain, which has a huge tourism industry
>>
>>59834488
>>59831965
Do not learn portuguese. Never
>>
>>59835140
Why not? You are a big country with high potencial and influence in the nearest future I guess.
>>
>>59831363

chinese for straya, abbo tongues or maybe spanish
>>
Also. what does /int/ think about Hindi?
>>
>>59835301
Many Indians already speak English to some degree, why bother?
>>
>>59834544
Why does everyone say that. There are many opportunities in Chyna.
>>
>>59836130
What kind of opportunities?
>>
>>59837279
A growimg economy, loads of companies wanting to access the Western market, untapped resources etc. "Mandarin is a meme" is a meme in itself. A metameme if you will.
>>
>>59838192
I'm aware of China's increasing prosperity and I believe that they will become the dominant civilisation on Earth, so you don't need to convince me of that. Rather I was wondering about *specific* opportunities for Westerners in China as, lacking in life and business experience as I am, I don't have much of a conception of these opportunities beyond teaching English and acting as a 'trustworthy intermediary for business deals'.
>>
>>59838381
But the "trustworthy intermediary for business deals" is an absolute gold mine like you wouldn't believe.
>>
Spanish is easy and the third most spoken language
>>
>>59838634
You're right, but not everyone is cut out to be a businessman. I guess I should start working on my interpersonal skills.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.