[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you convince yourself that learning a language and studying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: drunk frog.png (34 KB, 809x808) Image search: [Google]
drunk frog.png
34 KB, 809x808
how do you convince yourself that learning a language and studying flash cards for hours everyday instead of playing vidya is fun
>>
Think pussies. Focalize on pussies. It help
>>
>>59801926
It's pretty hard, most people that learn languages are academics or some people just have that interest for whatever reason. If you try to force yourself to learn it won't work.
>>
File: 1450648233032.png (391 KB, 1082x2157) Image search: [Google]
1450648233032.png
391 KB, 1082x2157
>>
>>59802164
This.
You want to learn the language, not turn it into something that you "have" to do.
>>
>>59801926
kids learn languages by doing

i can't remember being bored learning a language as a kid, it just happened

sounds like you need to find a better methood of studying

if you are learning french, try to find a french WoW group that will take you onboard, or shitpost on a french forum, or hey, maybe make some french friends irl. the world is an oyster
>>
>>59802654
chinese, memorizing thousands (literally) of characters is mind numbingly boring and theres no way to get around it
>>
>>59802687
How about this?
http://www.wired.com/2014/03/chineasy/
>>
File: 1456050497611.png (30 KB, 747x491) Image search: [Google]
1456050497611.png
30 KB, 747x491
>speak two languages
>feel like a pleb
>start learning Spanish/French/German/or whatever seemed interesting at the time
>give up after an hour or two each time, or after 15 minutes with French
>realise the only reason why I can produce coherent sentences in English is because I was put into an English speaking kindergarten at age 3
>never did well in school, except on English classes
>total lack of ambition and dropped out after grade 9
>probably dumb as shit but NEET and live in a nice bubble with no outside contact so can't know for sure

>how do you convince yourself that learning a language and studying flash cards for hours everyday instead of playing vidya is fun
Don't know.
>>
>>59803630
You sound like a sad human being man
Do you really have no friends?
>>
>>59802790
>http://www.wired.com/2014/03/chineasy/

thats a meme, it works for like 100 characters out of 5000 and its not a good way to memorize characters
>>
>>59804053
>Do you really have no friends?
Correct.
>>
>>59804522
Do you not crave the company of another person? Or the gentle touch of a good woman?
>>
>>59804735
>Do you not crave the company of another person?
I guess a drinking buddy would be nice.
>Or the gentle touch of a good woman?
Yes.
>>
>>59804522
I can be your friend
>>
Find some native speakers 2bh
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.