[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I ask a Brit why do Britain need a ceremonial Queen he say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 0_64_queen_elizabeth_030607.jpg (21 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
0_64_queen_elizabeth_030607.jpg
21 KB, 320x240
When I ask a Brit why do Britain need a ceremonial Queen he say to me "for staying Britain". What did he mean by this?
>>
It means that the monarchy is the center of all things British and has been for hundreds of years.
In my opinion, they're just a glorified benefits family.
>>
>>59695311
benefits family?
>>
Because Britain, like Belgium and Spain, are not real countries and are only united by their monarchy.

The difference is that Britain and Spain are just one big country (England and Castillia) ruling over a bunch of smaller ones, while Belgium is just two rogue regions from France and Netherlands.
>>
>>59695379
welfare
>>
>>59694329
It means they need monarch too keep Scotland and other colonies aka Commonwealth in angloshphere Nowadays its pretty much retarded cause they are slaves to muricans and cant even leave EU without their permission.
>>
>>59694329
>"for staying Britain"
Then why did they pick a German family..?
>>
>>59695582
desu they never really had English kings
>>
>>59695311
>center

Fuck off yank
>>
>>59695311
>benefits family
They literally own the country.
>>
>>59695611
HAROLD GODWINSON, SHOW SOME FUCKING RESPECT
>>
File: one lel man.jpg (201 KB, 780x718) Image search: [Google]
one lel man.jpg
201 KB, 780x718
>>59695731
>god """"""win""""""""son
>>
>>59695611
Anglo-Saxon are a Germanic people so the Queen is of German heritage, but so is the British people (except Welsh).
>>
>>59695892
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
>>
hitler
>>
>>59695691
They literally don't
>>
>>59694329
its their tradition
>>
>>59696204
They do though, at least in theory.
I mean they literally own the government ffs, and the Queen is sovereign and ultimate lawmaker.
>>
>>59696488
>They do though, at least in theory.
It's not true. The royal family owns many lands, but not all of the country. Not even close.
>>
>>59696488
>I'm going to tell you about how the government works in your own country
They don't won the country. They do fuck all.
>>
File: toqueville.jpg (151 KB, 627x797) Image search: [Google]
toqueville.jpg
151 KB, 627x797
>>59697135
>>
>>59695311
Revenues from private land forfeited to the government exceeds allowances. The government would be worse off if the queen wasn't the head of state
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.