[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Americans so afraid of gun control? Wouldn't it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Sin título.png (225 KB, 636x886) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
225 KB, 636x886
Why are Americans so afraid of gun control? Wouldn't it be safer for Americans to take the guns away from all those mass murderers that break the news monthly?
>>
>>59687693
Why are Americans so afraid of guns?

>implying Clinton statistics are right
>>
Yeah but there's no point voting for someone based on gun policy because muh constittyution
>>
>shillary
>>
what the fuck is that venom diagram
>>
>Hillary "Warhawk Supercunt" Clinton
>>
File: 1462581984791.jpg (173 KB, 702x1024) Image search: [Google]
1462581984791.jpg
173 KB, 702x1024
>>59687864
>>>venom diagram
>>
>>59687693
Yeah but the vast majority doesn't support all the burecratic bullshit like May-Issue for pistols and restricting pistols.
>>
Just bought my first gun (a mosin nagant because poor history nerd) last week. I filled out a form with my name, address, ethnicity, then filled another form that stated that I have never been convicted of various crimes and am not a drug addict.

The guy at the store somehow confirmed my information was accurate on his laptop and I left the store with my gun. It took 20 minutes. Apparently, it can take days if you select an ethnicity other than white kek

There are too many guns already in circulation
>>
>>59688110
Woops left that last sentence accidentally after deciding not to go on a rant about why gun control measures will be generally ineffective in the US.
>>
File: guns per capita.png (147 KB, 948x527) Image search: [Google]
guns per capita.png
147 KB, 948x527
The small amount of mass shootings and black drug dealers constantly killing each other (which is the vast majority of our gun crime) isn't a reason to disarm the entire population.
We already have background checks and all kinds of laws that are supposed to reduce gun violence

>murderers that break the news monthly?
Does that include the cops and other government officials?
The government kills far more people than anyone but they are the ones people like you think should have a total monopoly on force.
We have plenty of criminals who according to existing law can't own guns as it is but they have them anyway because criminals by definition don't give a shit about the law. Nobody can protect me or my family from harm but me.
Everyday people use their firearms to protect themselves mostly without even having to fire the gun.
Taking that ability away from people is disgusting. Notice it's almost entirely shitholes where you have to be afraid of your own government mass-murdering you who have no guns.
>>
File: Damn son.jpg (40 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
Damn son.jpg
40 KB, 399x600
Since fucking when are the "mass murderers" in America like the school shooters the ones that actually buy the guns/buy semi/automatic assault rifles?
Its pointless to ban guns or make it much stricter if the people actually causing shit are getting them second hand.
>>
>>59688520
Mass shooters usually do it legally as they are usually just mentally ill civilians who aren't criminals before they shoot up a fucking school/church/park/etc

The vast majority of gun deaths are done by gangs/other organized crime groups that gun control does absolutely nothing to as I'm pretty sure they ignore regulations.

2bh I oppose shit like Assault Weapon Bans in the wake of mass shootings because they are just knee-jerk (and sometimes like in the case of New York, illegally passed) reactions that are just feel good measures that accomplish practically nothing to actually reduce gun violence. If you want to reduce gun violence in America significantly, you need to boost policing in gang areas and have them target and break down gangs/other organized crime groups that actually make up the vast majority of gun violence, and then to prevent mass shootings maybe just mandate there be a guard at every school and have exit/entrance to a school be very strict. I remember at my grammer, middle, and high school they all had simple systems that prevented anybody we don't want from getting into the building and then a guard, and it worked perfectly fine.
>>
>>59688520
I'm not sure about this. It seems that many mass shootings are committed by someone who purchased the gun legally or "borrowed" a legal firearm from family or a friend.

Either way, mass shootings make up such a small portion of gun homicide that it's really not worth all the attention, imo. For example, there were over 8,000 gun homicides in the US in 2012. Over 75% of those were committed with handguns. I'm going to guess less than 100 people were killed in "mass shootings" that year.

It is true that banning all firearms would greatly reduce availability to the autists that shoot up schools, but it would have little effect on overall gun crime.
>>
>>59688751
You voiced my point while I was typing it out, and more eloquently. Well put, senpai.

Your solutions sound doable and reasonable, but it'd be cool if we could deport all blacks and hispanics to somewhere shitty. Then as more white gangs/trash spring up to partially fill that impoverished power vacuum, send them to the same place.
>>
>>59689229
>deport all blacks and hispanics as well as the white trash
no just break up the gangs, make sure they stay broken up, and heavily police the bad areas. you don't need to deport them thats just stupid.
>>
Mostly has to do with the continuing precedent of ignoring the rights granted to us by our constitution.

Regardless of what you think is 'sensible', the phrase SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED is basically retard proof
>>
>>59687693
Look, the real issue of gun control isn't the laws, it's enforcement. We already have expansive, useful, and entirely reasonable gun control laws on the books. The problem is that they aren't enforced or applied properly because of shit support, shit funding, and tunnel vision on the part of both sides of the debate.

We already have laws in place banning the sale or ownership of firearms by the mentally ill, but those laws are effectively unenforceable because our mental healthcare system is an underfunded, undermanned mess with painfully inaccurate social connotations. We can't actually work out who's crazy and who isn't when people actively avoid going to a psychologist for fear of being thought crazy. Most people here, unfortunately, often assume that the only people who need mental health services are the mentally ill, and who don't seem to realize that a healthy mind benefits from regular checkups just as a healthy body benefits from your yearly physical.

But because of that social pressure (along with the ongoing arguments over healthcare in general) the underlying support structures are usually ignored as action areas, and people instead demand still more restrictive and broas-reaching gun control laws, because "get a bill passed" is a much easier, more concrete goal than "reform the medical field."

That's the real crux of the debate. The common-sense logical measures are already in place, but due to lack of support structures enforcement is ineffective. Instead of fixing the underlying problems, gun control advocates instead try to slap a thicker, heavier bandage over it by passing harsher laws, which proponents of gun ownership (often rightly) fear will do more to impact the lives of reasonable and law-abiding gun owners more than it will impact rates of gun crime.
>>
>>59687693
Because I have done nothing wrong with my firearms and therefore you have no right to take mine from me. I'm not going to pay for the crimes of other people
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.