[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Australia >get bong'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10
File: BONG'D.jpg (1017 KB, 5865x6144) Image search: [Google]
BONG'D.jpg
1017 KB, 5865x6144
>Australia
>get bong'd
>>
>>59681931
spooky

do go on
>>
File: Aussie flag cuckstamps.png (67 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Aussie flag cuckstamps.png
67 KB, 2000x1000
>>
File: strayad.png (20 KB, 128x264) Image search: [Google]
strayad.png
20 KB, 128x264
>Bong
>Get strayad
>>
I never understood this, every passing second they keep doing this is a national disgrace, unless they actually governet by Britain or something than I dont understand it.
>>
>>59682113
its part of our heritage
>>
>>59682139
Well that makes sense, unless the heritage is a disgrace. I mean, Brits went around imprisoning so much people, they had to use a whole continent in order to house their prisoners, so they chose some backwater hell on earth island to house their infinite prisoners.

Unless Australia today is ran by Brits for the purpose of housing convicts because they invaded 90% of populated places on Earth, than that left over colonial flag is a serious disgrace. Or maybe you are posting from a prison cell and it actually all makes sense but I missed a thing or two.
>>
>>59682315
what? jesus calm down mate it's just us preferring to have a piece of our culture, ancestry, and history on our flag than some new age abo bullshit like what the kiwis were going to put on their flag
>>
>>59682315
>use a whole continent in order to house their prisoners
only a few hundred thousand settlers were convicts. the vast majority were free settlers and gold rush migrants who stayed. that is for the first 100 years or so
>>
>>59682347
Yeah but if it doesnt make any sense I'd go for a thing that does make sense. For example, I have no idea why does my double headed bird has a crown when I dont even have a king. And also, why are we even still having the bird, why are Greeks and Russians also still having the bird, the bird made sense when we had Constantinople and were best bros with Rome.

Today, none of 3 of us has Constantinople, and no one is best bros with Rome.
Just because it's old doesnt mean it makes sense.
>>
>>59682315
I honestly think half the world genuinely believes we are predominantly descendant from criminals
>>
>>59682412
but it does make sense. we want to keep a piece of our culture, heritage and ancestry as a prominent centrepiece of our flag

what doesn't make sense about that? a flag is supposed to be representative of our country which ours is.
>>
File: australians use a computer.jpg (195 KB, 1800x1258) Image search: [Google]
australians use a computer.jpg
195 KB, 1800x1258
>we wuz free settlers and shit
>>
>>59682315
mate it's a reminder that we bypassed britain in everything despite being a prison colony
>>
Memes aside, I think the Australian flag is a good representation of their roots.
Hopefully that abos don't burn those roots too.
>>
>>59682415
thank you The Simpsons
>>
Also, I'd like to point out that Australia is actually a pretty strong country.
If it weren't for Australia holding its own until 1941, we'd have gotten our rear ends kicked in the Pacific theater of WWII. Australia doesn't get credit, but they really carried the war over there for us. Plus, they also helped carry the eastern European theater with their efforts in the Mediterranean.
I look at them as a strong continuation of Britain's otherwise stagnant or even dead legacy.
>>
>>59682527
>Also, I'd like to point out that Australia is actually a pretty strong country.
>If it weren't for Australia holding its own until 1941, we'd have gotten our rear ends kicked in the Pacific theater of WWII. Australia doesn't get credit, but they really carried the war over there for us. Plus, they also helped carry the eastern European theater with their efforts in the Mediterranean.
You're alright, you know that.
>>
File: Alliance.png (346 KB, 1587x1093) Image search: [Google]
Alliance.png
346 KB, 1587x1093
>>59682564
Don't need to state the obvious, pal.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 2000x1000
Soon...
>>
>>59682430
You don't think its way cooler to create a new flag to represent the new country? For example I always though those creation myths were awesome, like that one where a flag randomly flew into the battlefield after a huge battle, and the Danes than took it to be their flag, or when that Austrian duke who went crusading removed his belt and his tabard was red-white-red and so on.

Australian flag just looks like they are dominated by the Brits and nothing else.

>>59682527
Pacific didnt matter one bit for the world war in Europe.
>>
>>59682617
>Pacific didnt matter one bit for the world war in Europe
no shit bydlo
>>
>>59682617
Duh?
But it mattered a hell of a lot for China, Australia, Japan, Korea, Russia, ASEA, and the Americas.
What was your point?
>>
>>59682617
if those anecdotes are true then those flags were developed in a time where you could just create these cool design for flags off the cup of some fierce battle but in reality it's just not like that, mate. consider how involved your entire nation would have to be in a war to have that pass through the majority in a referendum? it'd be insane and we're just not living in times like that anymore.

approach this pragmatically -- what do you think the other options for our flag would be? as i mentioned before it would be some nu abo wank shit on it. i couldn't give 2 shits what other countries think of my flag. i don't see the british flag when i see our flag because i've just been conditioned since birth to view our flag as it's own as a singular object.

i mean the union jack performs its role perfectly within our flag to represent the heritage of the founding fathers of this nation, where they came from, where a lot of our culture is derived from, where our government system is derived from, etc. it's not some "trampstamp" as people affectionately claim it to be on /int/ it's a constant reminder of our nation's history.
>>
>>59682315
I'm pretty sure Britain sent more prisoners to the Americas than they did down under.
>>
File: IMG_3896.jpg (55 KB, 640x433) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3896.jpg
55 KB, 640x433
>>59682719
Couldn't agree more
>>
File: 1920px-Grand_Union_Flag.svg[1].png (16 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
1920px-Grand_Union_Flag.svg[1].png
16 KB, 1920x1280
>>59682755
First official flag of the US
>>
File: 1410545941805.png (282 KB, 1271x854) Image search: [Google]
1410545941805.png
282 KB, 1271x854
>>59682659
It's just that USAyans believe their actions matter in world wars, while the facts are they took no part of ww1 or ww2, Serbia killed more nazis than USA, and so did Poland and so on.

>>59682694
False. Your knowledge of history is so stereotypically wrong. Read up why did Japs surrender. Jap high command literally wrote (get it, they wrote it literally :DDD):
It basically goes something like 'oh no Soviets defeated nazis so we surrender so they dont divert all of their soldiers and rape the living shit out of Japan and take home everything that isnt nailed to the ground'.

Hollywood propaganda conditioned people to think Americans played ANY role in any world war.
>>
>>59682795
>Japan invading everything around it, massacring millions
>that doesn't count; and we were talking about australia's part in the war but I'm going to talk about America anyways
???
When did I mention America's role in the war, you wanker?
I was talking about Australia's role in the war.
And yes - the Pacific was very important, considering Japan was killing millions and threatening every sovereign state in the pacific.
>>
>>59682795
>Serbia killed more nazis than USA, and so did Poland and so on
even if that is correct, winning wars is not about how many you kill, its about territory taken from the enemy.
Just look at Vietnam.
>>
>>59682856
My argument is that Japs would stop the massacres as soon as Soviets planted hammer and sickle on Reichstag.

>>59682862
If we speak about territory it's the same thing. Eastern front soldiers charged German machine gunners with bricks and wooden chairs, they did not even have guns or bullets, and they charged into battles while the western front was just......... well, nothing, people sitting in trenches and nothing ever happening.

Did you know that on the western front they briefly ended hostilities to celebrate Christmas together? Western front as a whole was a joke.
>>
>>59682960
I guarantee you they wouldn't have surrendered if their empire wasn't already crumbling.
If they were as strong as they were at the beginning of the war, they likely would have kept fighting.
>>
>>59682960
It must have been tough for you. I hope you recovered from you're injuries...
>>
File: Guatemala'd.png (5 KB, 948x552) Image search: [Google]
Guatemala'd.png
5 KB, 948x552
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.