[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is why we have school shootings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: global_mental_disorders.gif (24 KB, 460x402) Image search: [Google]
global_mental_disorders.gif
24 KB, 460x402
This is why we have school shootings
>>
>Germanic genetics
>>
>>59613282
that and the easy access to guns creates a pressure cooker bomb which explodes every few months or so
>>
>>59613282
all this surveys prooves is that more mental disorders are diagnosticated in america
this doesn't mean shit
>>
>25% of people are mentally ill
Must be a broad definition.
>>
File: finnish autism is a myth.jpg (106 KB, 618x400) Image search: [Google]
finnish autism is a myth.jpg
106 KB, 618x400
>le uniform standards for diagnosis mémé
>>
>>59613282
all these countries check out
>>
>>59613449
But /int/ actually proves it somewhat.
>>
>>59613589
>implying /int/ posters are a good representation of their respective countries
>>
>>59613650
actually it is, that's why there's so many of you here
>>
File: 1463362700405.png (303 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1463362700405.png
303 KB, 600x600
mental illness is a social construct

psychology exists so women can get a job
>>
>>59613589
I mean kinda. I personally wouldnl't classify very very mind autism as a mental ILLNESS, however. It's obviously non-normal but illness is a strong word.
>>
>>59614026
t. autist
>>
>>59613282
No those are because of surveillance psych experiments. Diagnoses is because of pig pharma.
>>
>>59613282
Italian reporting in.

Got mental illness when I moved to Australia.
There is something liberating about having no roots and no accountability in an urbanized foreign Western society, but frankly back home it was better.

My intuition is that mental illnesses in late industrial society is underreported (and Italy is late by all means, although not 3rd World): either it DOESN'T emerge unless you are taken away from your kin or it is not reported because our healthcare systems are not über friendly so everyone keeps to himself. Another thing is that personal issues are dealt with by informal support network (family and friends) rather than professionals. This is either good or bad according to how functioning you are.

For example I realized my family was suffocating my self-sufficiency and independence only after moving away from them.

So yeah, I doubt Italy has fewer mentally ill people. They don't just appear in the stats because they are off official radars. And beware our healthcare system is far from being crappy.

On the other hand I can clearly picture out urbanized Anglo-saxons countries such as US and AUS in which people are kind and well meaning but they do not score high on my own country's social warmth scale.

Also, you have a lot of migrants and, guess what? This is another cause of issues.

Finally, broken families or family ties scattered all over the place mean people are more likely to seek professional help for lack of village mentality.

So again: there is variability in cultural approaches, definitions, and causes.

This is just to say don't overrate such rankings because everyone has their own shit to cope with even if it doesn't show up in the stats. Don't think you're bad because you aren't.
>>
>>59613282
They're just more diagnosed/over-diagnosed here.
>>
>>59613550
WTF now I hate Germany.
>>
Again, the problem is not mental illness per se, but the cultural ways in which diseased people feel it is possible to break chains.

So e.g. in Japan you might have the exact same diseases but little shootings because the illness usually results in self-harm or social isolation.

Typical example is paranoia.
Now it is about CIA but it can also relate to God Almighty, Satan or I don't know who.

Basically the disease is the same but its symptoms and expressions have a content related to the time and place where someone lives.

Same goes for gun violence: core problem is mental illness, but it is the social standing of weapons that makes them the tools of choice when someone snaps.

People snaps in ways consistent with their culture.
>>
>>59613707
Half if the American posters are Chicanos that's not the right percentage for 18 to say 32 year old Americans.
>>
>>59614072
Not denying it
>>
It's just the result of pharma lobbying. Doctors say people have more mental disorders, more drugs get prescribed.
>>
>>59614501
Disease it is called today. Posessed by demons in the age of organized monotheism. Doctors and psychologists have become the priests of our time. Basically boils down to social manipulation and pressure increasing to a level that the individual can't handle. Disease or demon is just the blame. Social pressure is the real "evil" here.
>>
File: US Vaccines.jpg (75 KB, 498x670) Image search: [Google]
US Vaccines.jpg
75 KB, 498x670
>>59613282
>>59613485
I'm sure it's just coincidence though
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.