[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true striking up small talk with strangers is considered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: very rude people.jpg (74 KB, 624x468) Image search: [Google]
very rude people.jpg
74 KB, 624x468
Is it true striking up small talk with strangers is considered rude in Europe?
>>
talking to strangers out of nowhere is weird as fuck
>>
Hopefully, yes. Such behavior is Brazil-tier

The only exception is hot girls, they can talk to me in public randomly all they want.
>>
>>59610291
>>59610252
>being this afraid of other people

Autism?
>>
File: cbf0Uuz.jpg (55 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
cbf0Uuz.jpg
55 KB, 539x960
>>59610343
>Autism?

Cultural differences. It's not appropriate in white countries

Also most people don't want to be bothered by the inanities of small talk of strangers.
>>
>>59610513
>Europe
>white
>>>/pol/
>>
>>59609980
Really depends who or where. Small talk in an elevator, why not. With a cashier, it happens sometimes.

Anywhere else, without causes, fuck you I don't know you.
>>
File: 1448106738895.png (2 MB, 1404x936) Image search: [Google]
1448106738895.png
2 MB, 1404x936
>>59610343
are you this guy?
>>
>>59610343
rather be autistic than to have fake talks about weather and shit pretending im interested
>>
>>59610637
>fake

God forbid someone show interest in how someone elses day is going.
>>
>>59610778
I'm just trying to get somewhere don't make small talk with me you fucking normie I don't care about your life
>>
>>59610568
Talking to strangers is fine in cultures where it's appropriate. These are PoC cultures like in Africa, Caribbean, USA etc.

It's not culturally appropriate in white or east Asian nations to do it though. Deal with it.
>>
>>59609980
It's true, Europeans are pretty autistic.
>>
>>59610343
>Autism?

One of the biggest issues with Autistic people is inability to read emotions and know social cues. Interrupting strangers and talking to them is an Autistic behavior (quite literally). Non-Autistic people can read when people want to be left alone, and also can follow social norms
>>
Not true at all.
>>
walloons are much quicker to have small talk here, in Flanders it's custom to ignore everyones existence in public
>>
>>59611042
>no u

Could've just said yes, retard.
>>
>>59610778
Don't try to reason with him; it's normal in his culture as well. It's only alien to autists like him.

Even Polacks and the like here are capable of chatting with strangers.
>>
>>59609980
Yes, but it depends on the circumstances.
Like >>59610590 said, it happens when shopping here or there.

I'm actually working in Paris, France's shithole. At the end of the day, I just want to get home and avoid talking to anyone. I just don't want to disturb and be disturbed. Most workers probably feel the same.

Most people (in France) won't take offense, but they'll show discomfort.
>>
>>59609980
Not here, had a lovely conversation with an 84 year old man at the bus station a few days ago, told me about WW2 and how his father served in the Second Romanian Army during the advance on the USSR, sadly he was killed .
Good times, optimistic old man, even at this age his mind is sharper than most 18 year olds, he drives , plays Piano and the violin to keep his mind healthy. Hope i meet him again before he dies
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.