[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about localised translations (dubs) of English entertainment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: fallout4.png (294 KB, 1174x1878) Image search: [Google]
fallout4.png
294 KB, 1174x1878
Tell me about localised translations (dubs) of English entertainment in your country. Do you prefer them unaltered or not?
>>
always subbed

while there are great dubs you are letting the dubbing company/group interpreting some of the stuff for you beyond the translation so there is a double veiling effect

ofc the most passionate watch it in the original
>>
>>59584317
we only have subs , we only dub cartoons
the germans though dub everything
>>
>>59584317
All of LatAm gets our dubs.
Most channels have SAP for subs.
Dubbed movies on the cinema are common, there's usually subbed too.
>>
>>59584317
Everything is dubbed here. Dubbing is just a mandatory for any movie that is shown in cinema theater but even besides that almost everythig is dubbed including games. Sometimes dubs are even better than original, sometimes it is really worse ofc.
>>
>>59584317
Good question m8.

Follow up question for everyone: do they ever show movies in the cinema in the original English with no dubs or subs?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
4 KB, 225x225
did someone say dubs?
>>
>>59584760
No. They even never show it with subs. Dubs only.
>>
File: 1457744262078.jpg (14 KB, 336x229) Image search: [Google]
1457744262078.jpg
14 KB, 336x229
>>59584897
So close.
>>
I only watch unaltered versions of movies etc when the original words are really important but dubs are usually well done here.
>>
>>59584760
Some theaters do that with some movies but usually everything is in German.
>>
We only dub cartoons, and subs for everything else (and animated movies usually both air dubbed or subbed).

Translators are notoriously bad and liberal, especially with titles, though on rare occasions they end up making a better pun than the original.
Ex: Inside Out was called הקול בראש , Hakol Ba-Rosh, which means "The voice in the head", but if you write it as הכל בראש, which is pronounced the same, it means "Everything is in your head"
>>
>>59584317
>KILL YOUR SON
>NUKE BOSTON
>>
File: Capture.jpg (56 KB, 437x680) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
56 KB, 437x680
>>59584928
>watching anime in 2007 when horriblesubs weren't the go-to for everything (if they were even around)
>show is finished, go get pizza and drinks
>excited to start
>press play, immediately there's some Russian guy talking over the extremely quiet audio
>he dubs everything. Even the girls
>doesn't even try to act

This happened to me twice, fuck your shitty country Hitler was right about slavs

And fuck this captcha too, I'm sorry but this isn't right?
>>
>flag
No! Keep it dumbed down for the unwashed masses, the [cult group] members, and current immigrants here who'll become future naturalized citizens of other countries! t. proud [cult group] member.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.