[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
So /int/, I've been thinking about Bosnia and Herzegovina lately. I have not heard much from this country, on this board, in the news, or in real life.
Has much changed in this country since 1998? How are inter-ethnic relations these days? Is the population increasing, decreasing, or staying the same?
Guests of honor ITT: Bosniaks, Bosnian Croats, and Bosnian Serbs
Special guests: Bosnian diaspora of any ethnicity
Welcome: Everybody except for shit posters.
>>
How long do you have to wait until you can bump your own thread?
>>
>>59579350
found myself reading about yu earlier so have a courtesy bump
>>
>>59579470
Thank you Anonemoose. Unfortunately, it does not look like my thread is catching on. It's a shame, because I genuinely want to learn
>>
Make this thread in about 16 hours and you should get some good replies.
>>
>>59579711
good point. the Balkans are probably asleep right now
>>
File: 1457933477244.png (3 KB, 448x357) Image search: [Google]
1457933477244.png
3 KB, 448x357
Good thing I'm nocturnal, I will tell you:

It's the cuckstamp of the balkans.
>>
>>59579918
Interesting.
So, what about Albania, Kosovo, and the European part of Turkey?
>>
File: 1462410184868.jpg (49 KB, 747x453) Image search: [Google]
1462410184868.jpg
49 KB, 747x453
>>59579918
Go suck a bag of dicks ahmed
>>
>>59580137

Albania and Kosovo are both thought of as country equivalents of a kid with down syndrome and eastern Thrace is so densely populated that nobody fucks around with it.
>>
>>59578884
>Has much changed in this country since 1998?
not much tbph.

>How are inter-ethnic relations these days?
same as ever

>Is the population increasing, decreasing, or staying the same?
birth rates here are among lowest in the world. Bosniak population is stagnating while Bosnian Serb and Croat population is shrinking due to emigration to Serbia and Croatia.
>>
>>59580314
How do Bosnians feel about accession to the European Union?
>>
>>59580632
Most people think that EU will sooner collapse lel. That said it really wouldn't make much of a difference. I hope it happens just so that I don't have to carry a passport when traveling, other than that idgaf.
>>
File: OttomanEmpirein1739.jpg (1 MB, 1724x2261) Image search: [Google]
OttomanEmpirein1739.jpg
1 MB, 1724x2261
Population in Bosnia was way too intermixed before the war.Today's segregation into two entity's is much better imo.The Bosniaks profit the most out of today's Bosnia as neither Serbs nor Croats want to be part of it.It appears that Bosnia cannot be partitioned because of it's purpose to be some kind of buffer country between East(Orthodoxy) and West(Catholicism).
>>
>>59581050
And as one can see from this map it still has almost identical borders as it did back in 1739.
>>
>>59581147
Bosnia back then also included the Sanjak, which was annexed by Serbia and Montenegro in 1912 under the excuse of a territorial overlap with "Old Serbia", or Raška and its associated monasteries, despite the population being largely Muslim in 1912, as they are still today. Ekrem Jevrić was one 'famous' minority Bosniak from Montenegro.

/autism
>>
>>59582743
Thank you for your autism, Slovenianon. I truly appreciate it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.