[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much truth is there to this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11
How much truth is there to this?
>>
you started that dessert thread too huh

i know your kind
>>
>>59542055
In your case, there is as much as you are willing to acknowledge, takashi.
>>
>>59542055
It's bullshit. Manchuria and Taiwan were prosperous under Japanese rule while Chinese run territories were poor backwards shit hole so the Chinese have to villainize Japanese rule as much as possible.
>>
Every massacre and "genocide" is an exaggeration: Armenian, Jewish, Rape of Nanking etc. Humans seem to like bombastic stories with huge casualty figures and binary good and evil morality.

That said, I can see why other Asians would be irritated that many Japanese genuinely and unironically believe they fought the war to "save" the other Asians from European colonialism.
>>
File: Shigeru Yoshida 1964.jpg (33 KB, 450x381) Image search: [Google]
Shigeru Yoshida 1964.jpg
33 KB, 450x381
>>59542055
You know Japan and Han KMT fought
Then KMT wanted US weapons and money to beat Japan. US wanted Asian economic colony.
So they made many propaganda.

before 1937, KMT and Communist Party fought many times in Nanjing

in 1937
Japan won in Nanjing against 100,000 KMT
German priest said no pubric was killed by Japanese army in his diary.

in 1938
US reserchers looked for bone around Nanjing for propaganda.
Then they said 20,000 were killed by Japanese.
But that was not so seriously accepted.

from 1937 to 1945
KMT said nothing about Nanjing though they made numerous propagandas about other war and victims. US used those propagandas too.

Suddenly KMT said Japanese killed 300,000 in Nanjing

KMT leader Chiang Kai-shek accepted Nanking was lie

now
Communist Party say Japan killed 300,000

Nanjing ended as a lie between Japan and KMT.
Only outsiders are still complaining.
>>
>>59542604
>US wanted Asian economic colony.

So did you.
>>
>>59542524
>wanting a united asia
>invade asian countries and kill their people

I mean they could have tried asking
>>
>>59542670
The whole concept of a "United Asia" is something that only exists in the minds of people like /r/asianmasculinity.

I mean, what the hell does North India have in common with Japan? Or Syria? Or Pakistan?

I always used to tease my Chinese ex about this. She desperately didn't want to be associated under the umbrella term "Asian" because over here it means dirty paksters, so I'd jokingly tell her that Chairman Mao called Asians "brothers".
>>
>>59542524

Don't listen to this faggot, lads, he's a /pol/tard.

There is a lot of truth to this, eye witnesses, confessions from Japanese soldiers, photos, shot footage, etc.
>>
>>59542883
Why should anyone listen to a worthless piece of shit who is clearly more loyal to his ancestral land than he is to his naturalized homeland, as 80%+ of Overseas Chinese are?

I never said Japanese didn't commit atrocities, I said I don't believe the CCP's narrative that they killed 300k+ Chinese.

If you actually bothered to read eyewitnesses like Rabe, you'd realize their account isn't only of Japanese soldiers committing atrocities, but of Japanese officers and Generals bringing things under control (something Rabe claimed he was very grateful for) and punishing at least some of those who went overboard.
>>
>>59542604
Woud you rather have commie china or kmt china
>>
File: Karakaua.png (264 KB, 650x612) Image search: [Google]
Karakaua.png
264 KB, 650x612
>>59542725
First person who said we need united asia is Hawaiian king in 1881.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anvKIXDv3Hk#t=22m30s
>>
>>59542969

>dude "genocide" is an exaggeration.

I've seen your posts, and you're nothing more but a poorly educated autist.

You contribute nothing to threads, but your own biased butthurt and bigotry.
>>
>>59543053
>First person who said we need united asia is Hawaiian king in 1881.

What relevance does this have to what I said?

Why do Japanese even come here when they just sound like they're reading shit off of a script and can barely understand English?

I'll repeat, for your benefit: Japanese didn't fight a war to free Asians from European colonialism. It's ridiculous to genuinely believe your elites believed in this altruistic concept and were prepared to sacrifice everything for it.

>video

Not interested in your propaganda movies.
>>
>>59543043
before Sun Yat-sen died
KMT
from 1925 to 1950
commie
after 1950
KMT
>>
>>59543101
>poorly educated

Have you even read Rabe's diary?

>bigotry

Coming from a East Asian, this always makes me laugh. Your self-pitying routine doesn't work on us, we know just how ethnocentric and hateful of other races most of you are. You don't give a damn about "anti-racism", you just resent having to share a country where the white devil predominates.
>>
File: Japanese official document.png (151 KB, 556x380) Image search: [Google]
Japanese official document.png
151 KB, 556x380
>>59543138
This video use Japanese official document.
>>
>>59543293
Japanese rule can be only argued to have benefited natives against European Colonialism in Burma and Vietnam where in both situations they helped locals directly against their colonial masters and in the case of Burma even allowed them to declare independence.

Everywhere else even massacres aside things went to shit. It's pretty accepted that the Japanese invaded the region to use the resources and use the resources they did.

They implemented their own "banana" currency in Malaya and hyperinflation soon set in since they printed it indiscriminately whenever they lacked for it. Of course some shortage was due to the war but anecdotally the wad of worthless cash you'd exchange for bread at the market would be bigger than the bread itself towards the end.

No voice for the people and a reign of terror. That's what Japanese rule was like. Going by all accounts, it was much worse than European Colonialism.

I dont think Japan needs to grovel and harbor collective guilt, or apologize forever either. But the fact Japanese people genuinely believe things like the invasion of China were motivated by wholly altruistic motives is bizarre.
>>
>>59542604
Shut the fuck up you autistic spammer
You need get permabanned from this board
>>
>>59543625
Taiwanese can enjoy Japanese days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vg5wn-EF9k
Korean old people are killed when they say Japanese were good friends but united nations were shit.

This is what freedom of expression is.
>>
>>59544249
お前本当に恥ずかしい知的障害者だな
>>
>>59544461
日本に都合のいいことを少しでも言えば口を閉じさせようとする。
表現の自由を知らない朝鮮か中国人のやり方。
This Chinese or Korean always try to ban any word.
Someone who don't know freedom of expression use such way.
>>
>>59542055
Probably a lot.

But just like the other holocaust, no one gives a shit.
>>
>>59544461
>>59543625
No please. Just let him express his opinion.
:^)
>>
>>59544559
スパムを止めろと言ってるんだよね。言ってる意味わかる?
スパムは荒らしなの。迷惑行為なの。わかる?
>>59543138 も言ってるようにお前には他人との基本的なコミュニケーションが取れないの。わかる?
お前にはこのサイトを使うのは難しいの。理解してくれ
>>
>>59544688
お前の発言の方がよっぽどワンパターンでいつも日本人を罵るばかり。
日本人を罵る以外のことをしない人間がここに来るのはふさわしくないぞ。
ルール違反だ。
>>
>>59544688
1.This board is for the discussion of foreign culture and language. Please be respectful.

Look!
Please be respectful.
Look again!
Please be respectful.
>>
>>59542055
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/unko/tamezou/nankin/alleged/index.html
>>
>>59542055
Tadao Takemoto and Yasuo Ohara point out about the alleged atrocities in Nanking: "The representatives of the refugee camps of nineteen places established in the Safety Zone were all the Chinese, except Miss Minnie Vautrin. Though those Chinese took charge of the maintenance of public order in these camps, there were some Chinese officers who camouflaged themselves as if they were citizens. And many cases of rape occurred in the refugee camps. After February 1938 when the camps were dissolved, rape was rare. Therefore, we are not able to trust the crimes of Japanese soldiers just as the Chinese representatives of the refugee camps claimed. The Chinese soldiers hiding in the Safety Zone camouflaged themselves to create the impression that looting and rapes had been committed by Japanese soldiers, to practice one of a series of Chinese strategies for the purpose of throwing Japanese soldiers into confusion."
>>
>>59542055
Here is a data of The Rape of Berlin, which was happened in the summer of 1945, Soviet soldiers caught many German women for raping, and massacred so many German civilians. The pregnancy rate of The Rape of Berlin was 23%. And then Chinese government has been accusing 20,000 to 80,000 of Chinese women were raped by Japanese soldiers. As far as I could work it out, at least 4,600 to 18,400 Chinese women should have become pregnant after a set period of time. Furthermore, the big baby boom should have taken place in Nanking 10 months after the fall of Nanking. Have you heard 4.600 of Japanese and Chinese mixed parentage babies were born in China?
>>
>>59542055
Chinese people are always barking lies like dogs. Tell the truth; what Chinese people said about the Nanking Massacre and the Senkaku problem does not have any conclusive evidence. In addtion, they believe that telling lies 100 times, this could have lead to becoming true story from the lies. The Chinese have appealed the Nanking Massacre was caused by Japanese even people don’t have any witnesses about that. Now, Chinese people are telling Okinawa is Chinese territory. We have to be careful because the Chinese conspiracy which means China will get Okinawa from Japan might work. They are telling lies enthusiastically even their story was ridiculous theory, so some people will be mind controlled by their lies. Now they are waiting another stupid historian agree with them. Unfortunately, there is a stupid person who wants to agree with them. Country China is a bribe society. Therefore, all over the world will be occupied by China someday.
>>
>>59544461
君ヘイト君なの?
>>
>>59542055
Recently, a Chinese American named Iris Chang wrote a book entitled, The Rape of Nanking. It tells about the brutal massacre by the Japanese in Nanking. It became a bestseller in the USA and other countries, and spread the lie of the Nanking Massacre. Later, Chang’s book was much criticized by many other authors. It has been pointed out that what she wrote and the photos in her book were not related to the so-called Nanking Massacre. She shot herself by pistol and died in 2004. The London Economist magazine commented that she had committed suicide perhaps because her book was much criticized and she was deeply depressed about it.
>>
Iris Chang is not a very good source of even great massacre perspective anyway. She is a sensationalist journalist not a historian...
>>
http://apjjf.org/-David-Askew/1729/article.html

>Although the research in Japanese remains superior to that in English and Chinese, this was not always the case. Surprisingly, perhaps, much of the primary material on Nanjing was originally written and published in English. The two central collections of primary materials – given the discussion of the Chinese literature, it is ironic to note that both these works were products of GMD (Guomindang) propaganda – consist of works published in English very soon after the incident itself: H. J. Timperley ed., What War Means: The Japanese Terror in China – A Documentary Record (1938), and Hsü Shuhsi ed., Documents of the Nanking Safety Zone (1939). This head-start has not however been maintained. The first major monograph on Nanjing to be published in English after Hsü was the problematic work by Iris Chang, The Rape of Nanking (1997), a work that can only be described as frequently fabricated and/or fictitious. Following the publication of Chang, historians have at last started to write in English about this important event in Sino-Japanese history. Joshua A. Fogel’s edited work, The Nanjing Massacre in History and Historiography (2000), is by any standard an impressive work, albeit one that focuses on the historiography rather than the history of Nanjing. Although flawed, both Honda Katsuichi, The Nanjing Massacre: A Japanese Journalist Confronts Japan’s National Shame (1999) and Hua-ling Hu, American Goddess at the Rape of Nanking: The Courage of Minnie Vautrin (2000), are important contributions.15 One of the latest in the long run of recent publications in English includes Masahiro Yamamoto, Nanking: Anatomy of an Atrocity (2000), a work that is easily the most objective historical account of Nanjing in the English-language literature to date.16
>>
>>59542055
I can't really say anything as a Brit, we went to war with hem twice because they had the audacity to try and stop us from turning their people into opium addicts.

IF YOU DON'T WANT OPIUM DENS THEN YOU BETTER BUY OUR FUCKING SILKS AND COTTON.
>>
>>59544461
I don't like Netouyo nor anti-Netoiyo.
Here is where we talk with foreign people in English.
If you want to talk in Japanese, you should go to the Japanese thread.
>>
There was a massacre, but the death toll was not higher than 40,000

the 300,000 figure is a politically loaded exaggeration. One of the biggest propaganda coups of the 20th century
>>
File: Chinese Massage Parlor in Tokyo.jpg (160 KB, 1012x655) Image search: [Google]
Chinese Massage Parlor in Tokyo.jpg
160 KB, 1012x655
Love and Peace!
Happy Ending!
>>
>>59545044
The paradigm of "ヘイト" as it exists in Japan is totally absurd; it implies that in-group preference is inherently evil and therefore threatens the Volksgemeinschaft/Kokutai/Mingchok etc when introduced into homogenous nations like ROK and Japan. The cosmopolitan bourgeois who push these paradigms need to be hung from lamp posts.
>>
If in the future China somehow beats America or makes it so that they don't help Japan anymore will Japanese people be afraid of China coming to their country?
>>
Did someone link this thread to Japanese 2chon?
>>
>>59542326
This is false. Chinese in ROC and PRC all suffered greatly under Japan and hate them.
>>
>>59542055
You know normally I would say something to poke on the japanese but I will be honest here: I dont know. I just heard it somewhere that there was a massacre there but I have done no research on this topic.
>>
I thought japs only denied warcrimes ironically
>>
>>59546894
>I dont know
Educate yourself fucking retard
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre
>>
>>59544461
>>59544559
>>59544688
>>59544824
>>59545044
wtf is this gook speak.
Rearn engrish motherfuckers :3
>>
>>59542055
>>
>>59546940
>Educate yourself fucking retard
>says the burger with a wikipedia link
wikipedia is not a history book retard.
Try to use it for a bachelor/master/doctor work and see what happens.
>>
>>59546296
Much more likely is that America returns to 19th century style insularism just as relations between Asian countries to the point of conflict.
You'd like to think though that a modern state, even totalitarian China, that invaded a neighbour, would be a bit like the dog with a spinning wheel.
>>
File: 1446349115310.gif (981 KB, 1064x589) Image search: [Google]
1446349115310.gif
981 KB, 1064x589
>>
>>59542055
I wouldn't remotely try to whitewash all the things Japan did during WW2, but as for the particular book itself written by a Chinese ethnic, it's anything but a bag of bullshit from the first page to the last.
>>
File: nanking.jpg (64 KB, 400x616) Image search: [Google]
nanking.jpg
64 KB, 400x616
I saw that the word rape could be reorganized to rare pepe and my autism forced me to make this
>>
>>59547002
You didn't even read the link. Come back when you're less ignorant. Until then just fuck off retard.
>>
頼むから反論するならちゃんと英語を勉強してから来てくれ
意味不明な文章を垂れ流しても日本人ポスターの印象が悪くなるだけだ
>>
File: pleb.png (22 KB, 750x484) Image search: [Google]
pleb.png
22 KB, 750x484
>>59547230
and you dont get that wikipedia is not a viable source.
Stay pleb cunt
>>
>>59547215
Excellent
>>
>>59547347
korean plz go
>>
Who cares if it's 40k or 400k, the China Incident was a big shitfest and Nanking was one of many whoopsie dasie battles involving large civilian casualties brought upon by both sides.
Pales in magnitude compared to Chongqing bombings by IJN or breach of dykes by NRA anyway.
>>
>>59547347
ching chong chang
>>
>>59547450
All Japanflag posters with a solid comprehension of English are either expats or chons. This is solid empirical fact and all who deny this statement are probably chon-chink shills who also work for Soka Gakkai. By the way, I'm a TRUE AND HONEST yamato man so you can believe every word I utter with utmost certainty. Whippie doodie doo!
>>
>>59547521
t. gay american teacher
>>
>>59543187

Hey man, next time, just ask the other person how he feels about certain things, instead of assuming things based on statistical probabilities and stereotypes.
>>
>>59547554
I'm not some fuckin Yank, Ahmed. Isn't it prayer time in Birmingham now?
>>
>>59547805
t. gay swede
>>
>>59547850
Fuck off you slimy John Bull shithead, I'm Japanese and you better believe it.
>>
>>59547895
t. gay nip
>>
Every goddamn Japanese WWII wiki reads like a defense of Japan. It's ridiculous.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%87%8D%E6%85%B6%E7%88%86%E6%92%83
>この爆撃により多数の民間人の命が失われたことは疑いようのない事実である。
Okay, that doesn't sound too bad....
>しかし被害規模については推測に頼る部分も大きく、今後修正される可能性はある。
Are you shitting me?
>さらに、それを日本軍がどの程度意図していたか、
OH BUT IT WASN'T ON PURPOSE BTW :^)
>または作戦の付随的影響として許容されると判断していたかについても諸説あり、現在も論争の対象となっている。
THERE ARE MULTIPLE THEORIES GUYS (They're all EQUALLY as valid and accepted!)
>>
>>59547895
t. homosexual war crime denier
>>
>>59547925
Bomb a chink nobody blink
Lemay maymay make big stink

>>59547949
the only warcrime I'm gonna deny here is rape of your mom!!! shut up!
>>
>Chang

Sounds unbiased
>>
>>59547994
>the only warcrime I'm gonna deny here is rape of your mom!!! shut up!
kek
why can't you nips post like this more often?
>>
>>59548121
Because it's probably not a nip
>>
>>59548121
because it's probably that german fag with a vpn
>>
>>59542055
Fuuuuck that book. Fairly accurate from what I recall.
>>
>>59548371
>>59548410
fair enough

Nips confirmed for being unfunny
>>
>>59543187

Self pitying?

M8, you're one to talk.

I'm not even Asian, but the fact that you immediately straw man as another Asian just shows that you yourself are bigoted.

Don't try and redirect this on me.
>>
>>59548371
>>59548410
Please believe!
>>
>>59548477
Nah. I don't believe you
>>
>>59548621
I'm not going to believe you're real either, how do you feel now you limy fink?
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.