[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the counties in the United States of America that ban the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
>the counties in the United States of America that ban the sale of alcoholic beverages
>some states ban the sale of alcohol by default (what the fuck) and counties have to pass local laws to allow it

Whenever I heard an American say "dry county", I thought it was just some bumfuck county that didn't allow the sale of alcohol on Sunday (which is bad enough). But it turns out, the sale of alcohol is completely banned in many counties. In some of them, it's even illegal to transport alcohol.

Please tell me this is all bullshit. Please. Just fucking tell me I'm wrong.
>>
>>59536806
Cook County Illinois doesn't sell liquor licenses to bars anymore because there are so many of them and the city is a shitshow as is on St. Patties Day.
>>
i lived in 3 of those yellow counties and im not even sure what thats supposed to mean
>>
That's the way it should be everywhere. Alcohol is a plague. It brings no benefit to society, just nothing but enormous problems.
>>
>>59536902
none on sunday probably
>>
>>59536806
its true but this map is inaccurate
>>
>>59536806
I'm pretty sure yellow just means that there is some sort of restriction on selling it (like you need a license to sell or something) while red means there is some sort of restriction on buying (like not on Sundays or something)

I'm pretty sure the only county where its actually really banned is that one red one up in SD
>>
if your state isn't pure blue it shit
>>
>>59536806
Some of these (particularly the western areas) are probably Indian Reservations where alcohol is usually banned outright.
>>
>go to Target, Walmart, whatever
>get bottle of booze, wine, whatever
>pick line with cashier under 21
>they have to call manager to pick up bottle and drag it one foot across scanner
>>
>>59537705
In Alaska it's individual villages that ban it. Probably makes crime worse since people start getting withdrawal and break into houses stealing disinfectant so they can drink it (actually happened at least once)
>>
that's because kansas still hasn't ratified the 21st amendment

so they are technically still in the prohibition era
>>
>>59537728

What? Where do you live? I was running bottles from a wine cellar at 16 and started bartending at 18
>>
Glad to see that SC is now completely alcohol friendly. It was just about two years ago when the entire state was yellow and we had a few red counties, too.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1334x750
>>59537705
But all the Pine Ridge Reservation natives drive into Nebraska to buy alcohol anyways kek
>>
>>59537787
When my friend got a job as a waiter he had to get a license to transport liquor just to bring beer to the tables.
>>
>>59537779
And that's why all the liquor stores are on the Missouri side of State Line road.
>>
>>59536806
Wisconsin is the fucking worst.

Cant buy beer after midnight in most places
Cant buy liqueur anywhere after 10pm
Everything closes at 9, or 10.
cant buy anything on Sunday

Fucking hate visiting friends there. I'm getting off work late, showing up at like 11pm. Fuck, forgot about the stupid laws, cant buy shit.

Chicago, you can buy all forms of alcohol till 2am in 90% of places, some sell till 4am, and 2 places in the whole county sell 24/7
>>
>>59536806
the prohibition was a while ago grandpa
>>
File: american uncle sam template.png (336 KB, 546x598) Image search: [Google]
american uncle sam template.png
336 KB, 546x598
>it's another "let's prove yet again that Southern states are third-world tier" thread

They should have been allowed to secede.
>>
>>59536806
>Take beer from Quebec to New Brunswick.
>Get arrested for not buying all of my alcohol from the official government stores that charge 3x more than in the US

This is daily life in Canada

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/why-new-brunswick-is-vowing-to-keep-busting-anyone-importing-beer-even-after-judge-said-its-legal
>>
>>59536806
>tfw your county is yellow
>>
>>59536806
This is real
Many counties are "Partial dry" or "Dry after midnight" like mine
And after midnight transporting alcohol bought after midnight in another county is illegal
it fucking blows, makes getting drunk after 12:00pm hard as fuck if you don't keep a stock
>>
>>59536806
Cana fucking Dah

The second biggest country in the world, next to a superpower, and yet... Nothing...

Beavers, mounties, and that's it, just a bunch of asians and even dumber pseudo americans freezing their balls off during winter.

A fucking leaf? A leaf? from a tree that isnt even native to Canada?

When an empty shithole like Alaska has a bigger identity than your country something really wrong is happening.

Congratulations Canada, not only you are the biggest non country in the entire world, but you are also terrible at shitposting, no one gets mad, no one thinks "that's cleaver", no one gets frustrated or finds it funny, everyone just thinks "that post has to be the most exciting thing that Canasian will EVER experience".

That's your life Canada, a post on 4chan is the peak of your entire leaf, i mean life.

SAD.
>>
>>59538458
>Maritimes

Not surprising. They are commie fucks
>>
Nunavut doesn't allow alcohol.
>>
>>59536806
I don't know how it's done in every state, but it's controlled at the city level in mine and the people living there vote on it. We have drive through liquor sales for fuck sake. Beer and wine sales are everyday. Hard liquor sales aren't allowed on Sunday. That's the extent of any ban.
>>
>>59540854
I should also add I'm in a yellow county whatever the fuck that means.
>>
>>59538314
Here in Texas they literally remove all the alcohol from the shelves before midnight at stores that are open 24hrs.
>>
i live in a yellow county
>>
>>59536806
>>59538702
I'm going to bed and if I see this thread archived with 60 percent or more posts being made by Canadians, I will fucking dox the next Canadian I find in CSGO. I am so done with this shit. Goodbye you fucking faggots. I hate you all get a life
>>
>>59538453
I've been saying this for ages.

I don't get why people want to subjugate people who clearly don't want anything to do with you; then on top of all this give them the power to vote.
>>
This map is inaccurate oldham county kentucky is wet as of like 2 months ago
>>
>>59536902
>>59536946
I live in one of those yellow counties and have bought liquor on Sunday many times
>>
>>59536924
You could say the same about guns, or free speech. But wasn't america founded on freedom and liberty?
>>
>>59540728
... they won't have Nunavut?
t. dad
>>
>>59536806
Did you expect anything else from a country settled by Protestants?
>>
>>59538314
>>59541015
This sounds fucking retarded, what the fuck
>>
>>59536806
The South is backwards
>>
>>59544649

Says the country where they have official Sharia patrols.
>>
Nice freedom you got there
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 330x319
>Land of the "free"
>>
File: 1460459846188.png (638 KB, 495x597) Image search: [Google]
1460459846188.png
638 KB, 495x597
>you can murder people with machine guns if they poke one toe into your garden but you cant drink beer
>>
>>59546220
No we don't, that was one group of mudshits who are now in prison
>>
>>59538314
Isn't the whole day after midnight?
>>
Das it, Maine.
>>
>>59536806
Selling alcohol is illegal in Japan and they need to have license too though.
>>
Why is cook county yellow. Never had a problem buying alcohol here
>>
File: 1369200459537.jpg (115 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
1369200459537.jpg
115 KB, 780x585
>>59536806
wtf I hate America now!
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.