[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FÜR ALLE DEUTSCHEN I'm going to night school in Finland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
FÜR ALLE DEUTSCHEN

I'm going to night school in Finland and I'd like to go to Germany to study business after graduating. The problem is, my grades aren't the best and I barely pass my mathematics and Swedish courses (still passing, though). I'd like to know what the German people here on /int/ think about my chances of getting to be an international student in some (pretty much any) German university in a fairly big city. What do you think? Can I go into a university with my grades, even though they wouldn't be the best (somewhere between bad and average)?

Danke.
>>
if brazilians can, you can.
>>
>>59533250
>I don't meet the requirements for x
>what are my chances of getting x

I'm no mathematician, but I'd say pretty fuckin slim, bud.
>>
>>59533378

More like:

>I don't know the requirements for X
>I've got Y, is it enough of an requirement for X?
>>
>>59533250
I know that for EU citizens from outside Germany there are some special programs that can get you in easy and they are different for every university, you should look into that.
I don't know if you can enliste like the other people here but bad and average grades won't get you into every university and it depends on what exactly you want to study. If you go for Köln, Berlin or Düsseldorf and if there is no special EU citizens program you have very low chances with bad grades.

No one here really can tell you, get in contact with universities.
>>
>>59535735

I'd be fine with a smaller city, especially since they're cheaper. Been thinking of something like Dortmund, Duisburg, Münster, Dresden, Nuremberg or something like that. What do you think? You can also tell me your city if you're fine with it, I'd love to know more about how things run in different parts of Germany.
>>
>tfw neet with average grades and cant get in school here

can i still into other countries even though i'm 20
>>
>>59537870

Yes. If you have the Bachelor's degree and speak the language you should be able, in principle to get into uni. After this, it'll depend on the admission system for each country/uni.

As a general rule here, you need to pass a general exam here called the PAU (actually a number of exams per subject). The final grades you get in the exam add to the grades you got from your high school and then they divide by 2 or some shit algirithm and there you have your ultimate qualification, ranging from 5 to 10. Depending on this, you can then access studies in a variety of unis. Every Uni has a minimum cut mark for entering any study, so then you get to choose what you can according to your mark.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 413x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 413x414
All these freeloaders, give me a break...

Only because the German tax payer pays for you, everyone wants to study in Germany now.
They are basically financing the people who'll put the out of business in the near future, and are even happy about it ("m-muh cultural enrichment").

I think it would be only fair if these guys had to pay a larger fee than the German student.

Anyway, check out the unis that interest you and contact them directly. Many courses are different from each other.
>>
>>59541711
>I think it would be only fair if these guys had to pay a larger fee than the German student.

That's how it is in America. Hell you even pay more if you're a student from a different state here.
>>
>>59533250
We take literally EVERYONE at this point
>>
>>59541711
I don't see how coming from Finland is being a freeloader when we are netpayers in the EU and everyone from Europe can come to Finland and study for free
>>
>>59533250
Depends on what you want to study. "Something with media", medicine and social "sciences" generally need good grades since many want to do it. My university didn't have any requirements to study Computer Science, besides having the German Abitur, which is the German High School equivalent and enables you to study at universities. You have to do some googling if the finnish equivalent is recognized as is, or if you need additional qualifications and/or an entrance test to prove your knowledge.

Most STEM stuff has low entry requirements. Something like 2.5 (on a scale of 1 to 6 with 1 being the best) is entirely sufficient
>>
>>59533250
Ummm should it might be possible, but you know that most Bachelor courses are taught in German right?
>>
Well its possible for anybody to attend University in germany. All you need is a qualification which would be an high school graduation in your case. If you want to study Business With Bad grades all you need is patience and the ability to be flexible because its unlikely to study Business With your grades in popular cities. If you need a comparison, my grades arent good either but i Managed to study pharmacy and im in my 2nd year cuz i moved to a smaller City and i was Patient.
>>
>>59547053
I would recommend you to inform yourself in a german embassy in Finland
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.