[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey Americans, what's the difference between ebonics and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1403732015037.jpg (107 KB, 604x441) Image search: [Google]
1403732015037.jpg
107 KB, 604x441
Hey Americans, what's the difference between ebonics and your average southern accent? Other than saying nigga a lot I mean.
>>
>>59129797
One sounds like muffled chicken, other like burger
>>
>he doesn't know about the Appalachian dialect
>he doesn't know about the Tangier Island dialect
Daily reminder that these are the only actual dialects in America apart from the standard American English and they're how American English should be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03iwAY4KlIU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIZgw09CG9E
>>
>>59130486
>exact same grammar, 95% same vocabulary
>dialect
fuck off
>>
>>59130541
If you watched the videos, you would've seen that they are actually very different from the standard English as spoken in America.
>>
>>59129797
Have you heard either?
>>
>>59129797
ebonics gets you laid and redneck accent makes people think you have downs
>>
>>59130486
>>59130541
>>59130583
it's practically unintelligible to me
>>
>>59129797
>ebonics
Its not a real dialect it changes too much year to year so older generations can't understand younger ones. Its basically poor grammar and a massive amount of slang and as you mentioned nigga is every fourth word.
>>
>>59130672
tangier, that is
>>
>>59130672
>not speaking a dialect
>>
>>59130692
Ebonics are an argo.
>>
>>59130583
I live in california and they just sound like out of state people to me. Half of the unique slang they are mentioning in those videos is actually present here in the foothills and among older white people

Hell, my uncle sounds like these people somehow. He has this inexplicable accent that nobody can figure out where he picked up. He is a truck driver and spends almost all of his time alone, and this is just the natural speach he has when social contact doesnt constantly correct it to the current norm.

Sometimes when im feeling crazy ill go running aorund the house laughing to myself and talking like these people and slapping my legs and doing little jigs.

My ancestors were from oklahoma
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.