[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pizza/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Just made a pizza and it's more like bread with pizza toppings.

Seriously, I've never been to make a good pizza base, no matter which recipe I follow.

Any advice?
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 263x192
Pizza in New York is literally better than in Italy
>>
>>59028849
>>59028862
Post /int/ endorsed recipes
>>
>>59028849
Best advice I can give you is to use the freshest mozzarella you can find. Also put the oven on it's highest setting and let it preheat for at least an hour
>>
>>59028849
use a pizza stone or a non glazed tile. it makes a big diff
>>
polish pizza best pizza
>>
Fine flour, yeast, warm water, a bit of salt and honey. Oven on highest setting. Cook for 7-8 minutes, don't overcrowd the pizza with toppings and cheese. For sauce I usually use pasta sauce and add a bit of siracha sauce and salt. Try to find sauce with olives in it.
>>
>>59028849
Pizza is Greek
>>
>>59030013
>>59030403
I did all this and it turned out like bread. My pizza's either turn out like bread or a hard biscuit.
>>
File: 5236_07_18_2012__13_00_08_456.jpg (4 KB, 456x456) Image search: [Google]
5236_07_18_2012__13_00_08_456.jpg
4 KB, 456x456
>>59032355

Not the other Dane but, you should consider getting your hand on a Pizza stone for the oven - if you haven't got one already.

Of course everything is pointless if you are lazy and don't knead the dough properly.
>>
Fuck i wish there is decent pizza in russia. People here think microwave as good as baking in oven and make pizza that is soggy and rubber.
>>
>>59032458
I've got an 18" pizza stone. I tried to do things a little different this time: I let the yeast activate in a bowl before adding it to 00 flour. The shit foamed up good. Then I spent a good 20-30 mins kneading the dough, and I let the dough sit a proof for about 7 hours.

This time it didn't turn out like a biscuit, but it had a really doughy consistency, like a dense baguette. There was a thread on here a few days ago of people posting their (homemade) pizza and pasta, and it looked so good.
>>
>>59028862
looks like frozen trash , fuck off burger

>>59028849
cuz recipe isn't as important as the oven
you need a woodfire oven, and the most important thing is the temperature. ovens here get lit up in the morning, hours later they reach a good temp
pizzas need to be placed in the oven depending on he toppings (more or less deep down the oven) . there are many other things to keep in mind so let's just focus on the oven.

you just want to cook it for a few min then pull it out. you let it dwell in the oven (prolly an electrical oven too) for too long, that's why it comes out as something resembling bread

if you're in sydney there is a very popular pizza place (i don't remember the name) that's fully staffed by people from naples; the pizza there is 90% like the one you'll have in italy so you can go there and see what they do
>>
>>59032355
Here's what I do. After I finish kneading the dough I put it in a bowl sprayed with nonstick spray and leave it over night. The next day I take it out and let it rise for at least an hour on a warm spot. After that I use this stretching method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtAeKM_f2WU . From there put on your sauce and toppings.
>>
>>59032828
Thank you, Italy. I had my suspicions that my oven might have been the problem, and you've pretty much confirmed it. My oven takes an extra 20-30 minutes to cook a whole chicken then my previous did (current oven is brand new).

Guess I should go buy a pizza stone for my charcoal bbq, that will probably do a better job.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.