[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I currently live in Ohio and hate it. Right now I'm trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: floridavscalifornia.jpg (129 KB, 480x723) Image search: [Google]
floridavscalifornia.jpg
129 KB, 480x723
I currently live in Ohio and hate it. Right now I'm trying to decide between moving to the San Diego, CA area or the Tampa, Fl area. Pros and cons of each? And before anyone brings it up, I don't give a shit about gun ownership, because for some bizarre reason someone always mentions that you "can't own guns in California" which isn't even true and is something I don't give a fuck about. Florida is basically a minefield of dysfunction, meth addicts and non-whites, but California has outrageously expensive utilities. Those are my two major concerns. My preference is California, but I'm not sure if I can afford it on my own, and I won't be getting a roommate.
>>
Why not move abroad :3
>>
I've been to San Diego for a week, so ignore the Yuro flag, I'm an expert. It's pretty cool, but the weather would've been too much for me if I had to live there. That said, I've been to Florida too (Orlando) and if it's as humid in Tampa as in Orlando, CA wins in the weather department.

San Diego had a surprisingly high living standard, compared to L.A. especially. It felt more European compared to the cesspool that is L.A. Keep in mind I don't mean to imply that Europe is superior to the US when I type this. L.A. was just much more of a culture shock for me.
>>
>>58943597
Florida is literally the worst state and I personally dont consider it part of the USA
>>
>>58943752
No, you're right about pretty much everything you said. The problem is I'm poor so southern California is probably out of my price range, unfortunately. California beats Florida hands-down in the weather department. Pretty much all of Florida is muggy as shit.

>>58943815
I really want to believe some parts are still...okay. I lived there when I was very young and it was positively enchanting in the 80s. Then it got flooded with non-whites and the Whites all got hooked on drugs and the state went to hell in a handbasket.
>>
Florida is whiter and more conservatve so go there.
>>
>>58943597
if you can afford it move to california and contribute to the gene pool
>>
Northern CA or fail.

But I personally wouldn't move to either.
>>
>>58944924
I don't think I can afford it, unless anyone can recommend how someone can live cheaply in southern California without being homeless.

>>58945044
I'm not a fucking pothead.

>>58944187
Yeah but southern California has like zero blacks and Florida is full of them. The non-Whites in San Diego area are like mostly Spanish Mexicans and Asians. Doesn't bother me. But Tampa and St Pete are about a quarter black each.
>>
>>58943815
>Worst state
No, that would be Mississippi

>>58945770
>Southern California
It's full of chicanos.

Depending on where you live in Florida you will have:
>Pandhandle: meth addicts and niggers. I highly advise against this.
>Central: Either a comfy small resort town or Gainesville. Anywhere else in inland central FL is shit though unless you want to farm.
>South: Full of Cubans,Venezuelans, Colombians, some centracas, and other latinos, but rarely any blacks unless they're haitians.

There will be some blacks from other states by universities though, gotta get dat money fo dat handegg teams.
>>
>>58946380
>It's full of chicanos.
Unlike you, I've actually been there. The racial mix is actually less terrible than Ohio. There are a lot of Asians and a noticeable number of Mexicans, but their Mexicans are far Whiter than Ohio's almost purebred Indian Mexicans. And there are almost NO blacks, which shocked me to see. I'm just used to seeing them everywhere in Ohio, even in small towns at this point. But they were scarce in the area.

>Pandhandle
Never going anywhere near this shit. This is the South.

>Central
This is my target. I'm not living inland. It'll be on the coast.

>South:
This was where I WANTED to go. Ever since I was a kid I wanted to live in Miami Beach. I didn't even realize until like last year how non-white Miami and the east coast in general had become since the 90s. It was a serious let-down.
>>
>>58946929
>How non white Miami is
>wants to live in Southern California

>Mexicans
>white

Also Miami Beach is overrated desu, unless you have a decent sum of money. Florida Keys are just as nice, but there's a lot of drunks there as people go there to party.
>>
>>58943815
>florida
>worse than ohio, south Carolina, and mississippi
Nah
>>
>>58947161
Shut. The. Fuck. Up. The only people who bitch about how "non-white" southern California is are morons who've never set foot there. And you prove not on one issue but two that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about by arguing that Mexicans are all the same. Mexicans are mestizos. They're a mixed people. But some of them are far more White and some are far more Indian. In Ohio we have nearly pure Indians, in California most of the Mexicans I saw had much more Spanish blood - some of them just looked pure Spanish.
>>
>>58943597
Native San Diegan here; we hate Rube transplants with a passion. You will always stand out and be an outsider, and no matter how hard you try to look like one of us we will always know you are some dumb mid-west transplant. Move to the Hick areas of Florida so you will feel at home.

SD is already infested with loser pig fuckers in the military.
>>
>>58945770

Umm, if that is all you think of when you think of Northern CA then you are very poorly informed.
>>
>>58947558
>Native San Diegan here; we hate Rube transplants with a passion. You will always stand out and be an outsider
>Implying I don't stand out here
>Implying I'm not a hermit
>Implying I associate with people or care what they think in the slightest
All this butthurt does make me want to pick SD more though.

>>58947594
There is absolutely nothing good about Northern California unless you like drugs, hippies or temperate rainforest / giant monocultures of big trees with zero biodiversity. San Fran has a lot to do, but from what I hear the place is going to shit and it's expensive as fuck to live in a good neighborhood.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.