[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Royal Navy fires warning shot at Spanish patrol boat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3574622/Royal-Navy-fires-warning-shot-Spanish-patrol-boat-hassling-nuclear-submarine-attempting-dock-Gibraltar.html

>The Royal Navy has fired a warning shot at a Spanish patrol boat as it tried to 'hassle' a US nuclear submarine attempting to dock at Gibraltar, it has emerged.
>Spanish Guardia Civil vessel Rio Cedena twice tried to disrupt the visit by ballistic missile sub USS Florida as it was approaching the British Overseas Territory on the southern tip of Spain.

Brit - Spanish war when?
>>
this is a valid question
>>
>>58936105
Try it again you siesta-loving fucks we kicked your asses once and we'll do it again.
>>
>>58936406
>we
>>
>>58936406
Giblartar is kinda like Kaliningrad of the south-west.
>>
>>58936406
>we
>>
>>58936420
I'm referring to Spaniards fucking with US navy ships, not Gibraltar.
>>
>>58936406
>t. Tyrone
>>
>>58936450
Has there been situations like that in the past? I didn't know. Could you please link some info?
>>
>>58936492
They sunk a US battleship in Cuba for no reason so we rekt them in the Spanish-American war
>>
>>58936522
> They sunk a US battleship in Cuba for no reason

Allegedly. For all we know, it could have been a boiler accident.
>>
>>58936557
>t. Fernando Hernandez
>>
maybe cockroach brits will be exterminated once and for all this time.
>>
>NATO
>>
>>58936522
It was like 118, or something, years ago.
>>
File: 1436557764661.gif (992 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1436557764661.gif
992 KB, 245x245
>>58936570
Why are you calling brits cockroaches?
>>
>>58936607
NEVER FORGET
>>
>>58936565
Sure thing, Mr. Hearst.
>>
>>58936406
>WE
>>
Do the Spanish hate USA? If so why are they in NATO?
>>
>>58936691
This wouldn't be the first time they attacked us.
>>
File: Spanish_Brute.jpg (543 KB, 879x1217) Image search: [Google]
Spanish_Brute.jpg
543 KB, 879x1217
>>58936718
Shit, sorry I saved a version for ants.
>>
>>58936742
>buying Hearst propaganda
>>
>>58936788
Fuck you. 60 gorillion US sailors were mutilated by Spain.
>>
>>58936105
>there are "people" that think the EU is functional
>>
>>58936858
Well it's always like that. Some countries care more, some less, some just see business and some pretend they care while doing business(Germany).

NATO is the same nowdays. I'm more then sure that if Russia would go for the Baltics, countries like Spain, Italy or Greece would stay out of it.
>>
>hassling the military forces of an allied nation
Why are spics so stupid?
>>
>>58936987
From what I've read it's not only this incident but also spanish military planes violating giblartar airspace all the time and not giving a fuck.
>>
>>58937028
Apparently they sent their actual Navy into British waters at Gibraltar not to long ago
>>
>>58937074
So it turns out that the Spanish are still salty because of Giblartar.

I wish we had some Spanish posters to comment this.
>>
File: Limitesgibraltar.svg.png (158 KB, 1280x1140) Image search: [Google]
Limitesgibraltar.svg.png
158 KB, 1280x1140
>>58937074
Those waters aren't british. The treaty of Utrecht didn't give them any waters other than the dock.
>>
I hate the brits so goddamn much.
>>
>>58939209
>Royal Navy fires a nuke at Spain
>>
wow
I want to see Brit - Espanol war!!!
Espanol include South America VS Anglo English speaking countries.
wow awesome.
I gonna buy a ticket!
>>
>>58938340

>With regard to point 2 of the declaration made upon ratification of the Convention by the Government of Spain, the Government of the United Kingdom has no doubt about the sovereignty of the United Kingdom over Gibraltar, including its territorial waters. The Government of the United Kingdom, as the administering authority of Gibraltar, has extended the United Kingdom's accession to the Convention and ratification of the Agreement to Gibraltar. The Government of the United Kingdom, therefore, rejects as unfounded point 2 of the Spanish declaration.

>Under international law, States are entitled, but not required, to extend their territorial sea up to a maximum breadth of 12 nautical miles. Where the coasts of two States are opposite or adjacent, the general rule is that neither is entitled, unless they agree otherwise, to extend its territorial sea beyond the median line. The UK Government considers that a limit of three nautical miles is sufficient in the case of Gibraltar.
>>
I-I just want peace, fellow britmates :(
>>
>>58936522
It was a false flag
>>
>>58939348
International law on territorial waters is posterior to the treaty of Utrecht. The treaty only gave them the dock, you can't just change that later.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.