[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most common language being learned on Duolingo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: mpl_fig1_lang1.png (552 KB, 2996x1787) Image search: [Google]
mpl_fig1_lang1.png
552 KB, 2996x1787
>Swedish
>>
File: NOwS64t.png (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
NOwS64t.png
18 KB, 600x600
>Rwanda
>>
>>58935649
>All those Balkan states learning German
Warum? Scheint ein bisschen komisch, oder?
>>
I don't know why the Dutch are learning English, at school you get pretty good lessons. Maybe to freshen it up?

>>58935714
I don't know if you're trolling or not
>>
>>58935649
based Namibia
>>
That's a really interesting map. Which countries are trying to learn Italian and Turkish? I don't see any
>>
>>58935649
I wish I knew Spanish
>>
>>58935649
Based Phillipines
https://youtu.be/2KUiDHlOxEE
>>
The thing that surprises me about this map is every country has data. Like even in the poorest countries, there's still a few aspiring entrepreneurs using their smartphone to learn new languages to make doing business easier in linguistically diverse places like Africa. That's what I get from the data at least, with francophone African countries learning English and Anglophone African countries learning French, so it's probably from people who have a reason to communicate with people in neighboring countries.
>>
>>58935807
Ya dun' goofed, spanish is better than english as a native language.

I'm currently using it for russian
>>
>>58935853
It makes it feel fake
>>
File: Screenshot_20160403-040718~2.png (114 KB, 1411x1410) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160403-040718~2.png
114 KB, 1411x1410
>>58935905
How? Internet penetration is skyrocketing in poor countries because cell phones are so cheap now and immensely useful for day to day life.
>>
>>58935794
Exactly
>>
>>58935887
Where should I learn Spanish from?
>>
>>58935938
I know the technology is advancing, but countries like North Korea? The small little island states? They all using Duolingo?
>>
>>58935744
>I don't know if you're trolling or not
I mean, I guess it makes sense since a lot of them do immigrate to Germany.
>>
>>58936097
And have family in Germany
>>
>>58936049
North Korea has a fair amount of tourists. In guessing someone used the Duolingo app while visiting North Korea. And I'm guessing countries like the Falklands are just counted with Britain because they and a lot of other island nations are technically semi autonomous dependencies like that.
>>
>>58936030
You should definitely avoid places like /lat/, so if you have questions you're better off asking in /esp/ or the rarer /col/, "white america" threads.

Like any other language i recommend learning some basics (you have /int/wiki for that) and then listening/singing music and watching movies/media in the language.

Music: I don't listen a lot of native ones but Fonseca, Shakira, Juanes, Intoxicados, Maná, Café Tacuva come to mind. Dunno what you like tho.

Movies/Series: I think Narcos is very famous, Peter capusotto y sus videos, novelas if you're into them, news reports like NTN24 and caracol internacional.
As for movies i liked Paraíso travel, Lo que el viento se llevó, La sangre y la lluvia, and the one that was in the last oscars.

After you get accostumed to the sound and start picking up stuff you can start looking for more resources to learn proper grammar and extending your vocabulary.

At least, that's how i learned english, picked up some japanese from my weeb cartoons, and now i'm also applying it to russian
>>
>>58936211
Alright, thank you, I already know a little bit of Spanish but it's typical Spanish that most white people would know anyway
>>
>sweden
>>
>>58935649
I would've thought ours would be Italian, oh well same thing as French anyway :^)
>>
Feels good being fluent on the top 3

German would be the next choice but nah
>>
it blows my mind that people would spend time learning spanish
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.