[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey int, I am trying to learn Spanish and French at the same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 540x540
Hey int, I am trying to learn Spanish and French at the same time this summer. Is that a bad idea?

Does anyone have any tips for learning vocab? I'm most stressed about that aspect. There's like 100 words per chapter in each of the languages. I feel as though making 100 flash cards every couple weeks isn't really practical.
>>
File: 1462220992434.gif (74 KB, 312x390) Image search: [Google]
1462220992434.gif
74 KB, 312x390
I imagine it would be easy because they're so similar, but some words might get mixed up for the same reason. Find a native speaker and get them to help you out is my advice
>>
>>58906255
I'm mostly concerned about how much I need to study vocab. The textbook exercises are working well but I'm worried it's just since its recent.
>>
>>58906385
just keep at the exercises, that's how i learned most of my spanish
>>
>>58906044
CHI
>>
>>58906385
Vocab in spanish is easy. Most words are cognates, like computadora for computer, posibilidad, possibility, hambre, hungry, orden, order. Just learn the cognates and use acronyms for harder words. In fact, you can bullshit your way through most cognates. French is harder, but then again, the english language is french almost given all the cognates it shares.
>>
>>58906044
Just go there and speak English, but louder than usual. They'll understand.
>>
>>58906044
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0HQMKf5qdVB
>>
File: me.jpg (79 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
79 KB, 900x900
>>58906834
>>
>>58906640
>Computadora
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Here in Spain is Ordenador.
>>
>>58906834
Flawless
>>
>>58906044
>>58906385
Very bad idea. You're going to mix up grammar and the vocab, guaranteed. Start with one and when you're comfortable with it, move on to the other. There's no rush, man.
>>
>>58906834
wew
>>
>>58907915
This. I think the hardest part is feeling like I HAVE to get my lessons for both in
>>
>>58907509
Maybe he's learning american spanish. There are a few differences and regionalisms between the languages.
>>
>>58908173

why can't you just learn another language like everyone else? Quit whining and just fucking do it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.