[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
language learning /int/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1461324530999.jpg (32 KB, 400x334) Image search: [Google]
1461324530999.jpg
32 KB, 400x334
Another one of these threads.
>>
Trying Russian on my own and German with school.

Learning vocabulary is hard.
>>
Trying to learn norwegian on my own right now. I have the problem with doing some excercises every day and it just comes down to week/two of learning, then big nothing, and again. I just use a duolingo and a grammar book and tried to read norwegian threads here but i still can't understand too much of it.
>>
>>58901772
I don't think reading threads here is a good way to learn, since people are going to talk using colloquial expressions and so on

I'm learning Russian with a all-in-one book and I can barely read anything that's not part of the book
>>
>>58898418

i wanna learn french but no time because i work :(
Maybe reading Mallarmé is gonna help
>>
>>58902183
>since people are going to talk using colloquial expressions and so on
That's a reason in favour of using threads for that
>>
>>58900931
Be lucky your first language is not slavic, otherwise you'd have problems with russian vocabulary. There are so many words in slavic languages that sound almost the same, but got different, sometimes even opposite meaning.
>>
>>58902183
>>58903548
Yeah, that's the point of trying to read these threads. The firstmost I want to understand ppl, I don't really care if my language is crystal clear or not.
>>
>>58903952
>>58903548

Yes, but it's hard to get the resources to understand what is said there in the first place.
>>
>>58903723
But there are even more words that sound and mean the same, and grammar is also much easier if your mother tongue is in the same family as the language you learn.
>>
Should I learn toki pona? Or is it a meme
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.