[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are South Americans so big on idolatry? Catholicism themselves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: mexico-cults-615.jpg (127 KB, 615x440) Image search: [Google]
mexico-cults-615.jpg
127 KB, 615x440
Why are South Americans so big on idolatry?

Catholicism themselves are huge on idolatry but South Americans take it to a whole nother level

I never see Mexicans without murals of Jesus and pictures of Jesus and marry hanging in their car

All the Mexicans near me have like 5 or 6 statues in their lawns and they bow down to them

What is with you spics?
>>
mexicans =! south americans
>>
>>58892811
They are still South of us
>>
>>58892780
>South American
>Mexican
Choose one dumbass.
>>
>>58892835
They all look the same to me sorry
>>
They are still practicing Catholicism like it was practiced several hundred years ago.
>>
>>58892780
consequences of being under catholic church rule for 500 years
>>
Indigenous idolatry+Roman Catholic belief is what helped pacify Mexico and some South American countries.

One of the reasons the Spaniards never instituted large scale genocide in their New World colonies like the British did
>>
>>58892892
I know, I grew up Catholic and the white Catholics at church might kneel for half a second to a statue but Mexicans would kneel for half a minute, and kiss the statues for some reason
>>
>>58892933
it's a great business to keep people ignorant.
>>
>>58892780
Lots of empty eyes in that picture.
>>
>>58892855
>>58892832
Why do some americans seem to love perpetuating the stereotype that they're dumb and ignorant?
>>
File: SanLaMuerteWey.png (575 KB, 746x418) Image search: [Google]
SanLaMuerteWey.png
575 KB, 746x418
>>58892780
At least they idolatry the death instead to be afraid all their lives, sound good to me
>>
I come from a conservative catholic family in south Mexico. And I get all confused when euphoric Mexican atheists tell me about the religion I've been raised all my life.
Catholic morals made my family a strong family, we donate a shit ton of money to hospitals, we participate in charity, we overcome all of our struggles.
My whole family including the youngest generation are hardcore Catholics, and that's OK. we are preserving our own identity and making our lives and other's better.
>>
>>58892780
>Why are South Americans so big on idolatry?

Because they were pagans, just like we were before christians cucked us. All religious festivites, saints and virgins can be traced back to some god, cult place or pagan tradition.
>>
File: grafico-pesquisa-catolicos_1.jpg (29 KB, 290x346) Image search: [Google]
grafico-pesquisa-catolicos_1.jpg
29 KB, 290x346
These are Native Americans from Spanish America, OP.

Catholics are becoming minority in Brazil.
>>
>>58892811
>>58892835

Isn't Mexico culturally similar to South America? Genuine question.
>>
>>58893882
Just as much as Japan, China and Thailand.
We have more things in common than differences, but there are huge social differences that may put us on cultural shock when we travel between countries.
>>
>>58893139
Stupid assumption
>>
File: 1357013252222.png (301 KB, 495x463) Image search: [Google]
1357013252222.png
301 KB, 495x463
>>58892780
>a whole nother
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.