[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >be alberto barbosa, servant of the moortuguese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
>be me
>be alberto barbosa, servant of the moortuguese caliphate and its overseas territorries of bundazil and memezambique
>great sailor on a big boat with powerful canons
>transporting hundreds of moortuguese troops armed with mathlocks
>objective is to reinforce his majesty's trade post in macau
>get lost on the way because i'm portuguese and cant read the english map i got as a sovenieur for comemorating the 100th anniversary of our alliance
>end up in some archipellago where everyone is watching anime and singing karaoke
>realize the people there still live in middle ages , fighting with swords, spears and bows
>give them all my matchlocks instead of using the advtange to conquer this wealthy country

is there a more historically retarded nation than moortugal?
>>
>there are legitimately black people named Alberto Barbosa in Angola and Mozambique now
I chuckle everytime I read something about those countries and there's someone named João desu. Fucking /int/.
>>
File: 1457105718287.jpg (104 KB, 490x604) Image search: [Google]
1457105718287.jpg
104 KB, 490x604
>>
>>58885788
The japs were intelligent enough to steal their technology and to kick their asses after.
>>
Sengoku Japan wasn't like South America of that time. It's almost impossible to conquer a warring state, where literally hundreds of thousands of bloodthirsty, battle hardened Samurai/Ashigaru were around everywhere, with a handful of guns and men especially when the guns were not that effective due to its way lower firing rate compared to bows and required a lot of men to make up for it. Plus, naval blockade was meaningless because Japan was autarky back then.
>>
>>58886898
Spain walked in on the Inca empire while it was in the middle of a civil war and exploited that with only a few guns to conquer them. Granted they were in a civil war because smallpox killed the Sapa Inca and hundreds of thousands of citizens of the empire, causing a dispute over who was the true heir to the throne which is why there was a civil war all the social chaos from loading hundreds of thousands of people to disease (and they literally had no idea why, the disease had spread faster than the Spanish could travel so it wiped out places before they even came into contact with Europeans/African slaves that brought the diseases).

But my point is that the social division COULD have been exploited by gain for Portugal, even if it meant only conquering a small area of Japan.
>>
>>58887360

Realistically speaking, Portugal could have conquered with relative ease all of Kyushu.

The Otomo clan were very friendly to the Portuguese, their daimyo having converted to Christianism, and even had a meeting with Portuguese merchants in Goa's trade post.

The other two major clans in Kyushu, Shimazu and Shoni, were either being buttfucked by all sides or too small militarily to pose a threat to Alberto Barbosa.

On top of that, Kyushu is the closest major island to Portugal, it has a number of smaller but yet relevant islands that can be used as bases for invasion and landing operations in a first instance (like Tanegashima and Goto).

Eventually, Portugal could try and reinforce Kyushu a little, and perhaps attemp to take Shikoku and Chugoku after those regions are worn out by battles.

Artillery would make a big difference, specially since castle sieging was an important aspect of the Sengoku Jidai.
>>
>>58887886

You're under the impression the Japanese wouldn't have united to defend their shit if that happened. They already united to fend off the Mongols.

That and you're ignoring the fact they took your technology for themselves. The Japs were quick to adopt gunpowder, really they'd only be fucked if they had to fight the Portuguese navy.
>>
>>58885788
It's not too late to colonize them yet, i'll move to nippon and spread my barbosa genes and slowly turn it into Portugal from the inside. Deus Vult.
>>
>>58885788
Do keep in mind Portugal at the time was the most rich and advanced country in the world, together the order of Christ (the only descendant's of the crusaders) was in charge of the sailors/solders .
Why should our king use Portuguese Master Race warriors , to conquer another country with a proud tradition of warriors? we already had Macau right next to the nipps. Japan was some small islands, the biggest treasure in japan are they're own people
Portuguese and japs actually got along pretty well, we even made the first tranlaccion from a asian language to a western one(portuguese).
Then our Holy King, D, Sebastian prohibited buying more slaves in japan because it would give a bad image to our church .
Then the dutch goes to japan and never even try to learn they're language etc..
If you ask me Portuguese and Japan history are one of the most respectful relations humans ever had
>>
File: 1450472247882.jpg (106 KB, 402x573) Image search: [Google]
1450472247882.jpg
106 KB, 402x573
>be moortuguese
>travel to newly discovered nippon with my Brazilian travelling companion
>locals draw a portrait of us
>mfw
>>
>>58888643
damn my Brazilian servant looks good, i will allow him to marry a nip even tho he is a nigger.
Ain't I the finest Master?

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2013/05/26/books/book-reviews/the-rarely-if-ever-told-story-of-japanese-sold-as-slaves-by-portuguese-traders/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Japan

Will you come back now Brasil and shall we make the United Kingdom of Portugal together? Please ? I dont know how to do anything else besides exploring others and degending our clay in ratio of 1 to 40 .
We will be better this times anões.
>>
Trying to conquer Sengoku-Jidai Japan would have been a logistical nightmare in that time. The manpower they could field was very underrated, even if they were divided. Even without guns the major daimyo would have posed a threat and you have to keep in mind that Kyushu clans such as the Shimazu, at the very least, still could have received guns from the Ming dynasty. I know there's a meme floating around that the Chinese were dumbasses who invented guns and never used them but in reality they could have easily given Japan some of their crappy arquebuses.

The best bet for the Portuguese attempts at self-aggrandizement in Japan would have been to play daimyo off against each other, hope to get in one's good graces and manipulate them to their advantage. In a sense, the Europeans actually did do that and in so trying managed to briefly acquire the port of Nagasaki. Given a longer period of Japanese civil war and complacency toward the foreigners, it's remotely possible that the Europeans could have expanded their presence further from there as the French would do later on, with greater success, in Vietnam.
>>
>>58887360
While Meso and South American civilizations have many cool stuff, their military couldn't be said to be competent compared to Eurasian ones in the first place. They didn't have some essential stuff like iron weapons, wheels, horses, etc. Also, many Japanese were immune to Eurasia derived diseases thanks to China from which a lot of diseases come.

Taking advantage of the civil war to capitalize on some Daimyo might be feasible, though I don't think it lasted so long.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.