[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro _II_of_Brazil >Inher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: 1452159339653.png (830 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
1452159339653.png
830 KB, 792x792
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_II_of_Brazil

>Inheriting an Empire on the verge of disintegration, Pedro II turned Portuguese-speaking Brazil into an emerging power in the international arena. The nation grew to be distinguished from its Hispanic neighbors on account of its political stability, zealously guarded freedom of speech, respect for civil rights, vibrant economic growth and especially for its form of government: a functional, representative parliamentary monarchy. Brazil was also victorious in three international conflicts (the Platine War, the Uruguayan War and the Paraguayan War) under his rule, as well as prevailing in several other international disputes and domestic tensions. Pedro II steadfastly pushed through the abolition of slavery despite opposition from powerful political and economic interests. A savant in his own right, the Emperor established a reputation as a vigorous sponsor of learning, culture and the sciences. He won the respect and admiration of scholars such as Charles Darwin, Victor Hugo and Friedrich Nietzsche, and was a friend to Richard Wagner, Louis Pasteur and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, among others.

>The reign of Pedro II thus came to an unusual end—he was overthrown while highly regarded by the people and at the pinnacle of his popularity, and some of his accomplishments were soon brought to naught as Brazil slipped into a long period of weak governments, dictatorships, and constitutional and economic crises. The men who had exiled him soon began to see in him a model for the Brazilian republic. A few decades after his death, his reputation was restored and his remains were returned to Brazil with celebrations nationwide. Historians have regarded the Emperor in an extremely positive light and several have ranked him as the greatest Brazilian

IT'S NOT FAIR. HE DID NOTHING WRONG. HE WAS TRYING TO MAKE BRAZIL INTO A GOOD COUNTRY AND THEN NIGGERS OVERTHREW HIM FOR NO REASON, WHAT THE FUCK.
>>
File: 1461369717067.jpg (2 MB, 3072x3880) Image search: [Google]
1461369717067.jpg
2 MB, 3072x3880
Saudades de D.Pedro II
>>
File: PedroCiv5.jpg (693 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PedroCiv5.jpg
693 KB, 1920x1080
>>58884272
Brazil fucked up and it's still paying. Pedro was based.
>>
File: you could have stopped it.jpg (24 KB, 220x279) Image search: [Google]
you could have stopped it.jpg
24 KB, 220x279
>>58884272
>>58884361
>any year
>trying to save lusophones from themselves

m8
>>
His last words were "May God grant me these last wishes—peace and prosperity for Brazil".
>>
File: 960x0.jpg (53 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
960x0.jpg
53 KB, 960x638
>>58887215
>His last words were "May God grant me these last wishes—peace and prosperity for Brazil".
>>
>>58884272
>on the verge of disintegration
*Playing Disintegration by The Cure*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVOSPb9B1SU
>>
Why did you have to give me these feels anon?
>>
Stay strong Brazil - the hard times have only just begun.
>>
Fuck that guy, he was a dick to me in Civilization V.
>>
Wasn't he overthrown by the slave-owning class?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.