[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Languages that are actually worth learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: english speakers.jpg (138 KB, 1088x603) Image search: [Google]
english speakers.jpg
138 KB, 1088x603
Here we have a map of English speaking ability.

Let's rule out the countries that already speak good English. We can also rule out the shit countries that no one cares about (Africa, Middle East, India, SE Asia)

Therefore here are the only languages worth learning:
>Spanish
>French
>Italian

>Russian
>Polish

>Mandarin
>Japanese
>Korean

This is indisputable.
(p.s. Latin America is also shit but Spain and Portugal are alright)
>>
Japanese: only weeb or crazy
>>
>>58862106
How are Korean and Polish worth learning? Are you Kim Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz-Park Lee?
>>
>>Polish
Pourquoi?
>>
>Polish
for what? The polaks you want to talk with speak english

>Japanese
useless, good for weebs

>Korean
Useless aswell except for kpop and esports
>>
>>58862183
you proxy zainichi
>>
>>58862203
Large population, culturally relevant, bad knowledge of English, not entirely shit countries.
>>
Stop caring about what language is the "best" to learn, the learning process will be smoother if you pick a language whose culture you have an interest in.
>>
>>58862106
>>Spanish
Yes

>>French
Yes

>>Italian
Not very usefull

>>Russian
Yes

>>Polish
TOPKEK

>>Mandarin
no

>>Japanese
no

>>Korean
Topfuckingkek
>>
>>58862106
No language is worth learning after you speak English. Trust me, I'm a fingolian speaker originally. Everyone who's important speaks English anyway, so what's the point? And those who don't, should fucking learn it. That's my two cents anyway.

Americans are entirely correct.
>>
File: lanuages.jpg (405 KB, 1280x3101) Image search: [Google]
lanuages.jpg
405 KB, 1280x3101
>>58862106
>>
>>58862371
its worth if you want to live in country that doesnt have english as first language
>>
Languages worth learning: English.

Languages in a tier below that: Mandarin, Spanish, Arabic, Russian.

Rest is irrelevant.
>>
>>58862413
>implying I'm not going to die in this miserable shithole

Nice one, Jozef.
>>
>>58862258
>>58862358
I don't care about your utilitarian concept of usefulness, plebs.

I agree that Spanish is a more obvious "useful" choice than Korean, but South Korea is an interesting first-world country.
>>
>>58862545
>South Korea is
>a first-world country.

Ayyy dios mio. Tú eres loco
>>
>>58862545
just kill yourself lee jung-im
>>
Isn't Polish hard as fuck? Especially if English is your native language.
>>
File: what.png (77 KB, 247x205) Image search: [Google]
what.png
77 KB, 247x205
>>58862106
>french
>polish
>italian
>>
>>58862545
I don't care about your concept of interesting countries though.
>>
>>58862604
>>58862647
I would list Hungarian and Slovakian too but your countries are too small to bother with
>>
>>58862106
wow I expected India to be much higher
>>
Portuguese is actually much, much more useful as a language than Italian.
>>
>>58862744
>I would list Hungarian and Slovakian too

Just further proof that you are retarded
>>
>>58862760
They speak English, though. As indecipherable as the Scots, yeah, but you can communicate with subtitles or arm gestures.
>>
>>58862906
But Brazil is shit. That only leaves Portugal. Which is less useful than Italian.
>>
>>58862946
I'm listing languages that are worth learning at all, under any circumstances. Not just useful ones.
>>
>>58863003
Actually, forgetting about Brazil, that still leaves you with Portugal, Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde and East Timor.

Granted, the last two are irrelevant as fuck (though Cape Verde isn't so bad of an African country, so I hear), but Mozambique and Angola are both relatively important African countries, in term of size of economy.

But you know. There's still Brazil, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>58862106
>French
>German
>Russian
>Japanese
>Mandarin
>Arabic
>Turkish
>Spanish

These are the only languages you need to learn, other languages would be a nice extra but wouldn't make a huge difference when searching for a job.
>>
File: 175249.jpg (130 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
175249.jpg
130 KB, 446x400
>>58862744
this>>58862946
If we were born a different nationality we'd rather kill ourselves than to learn Slovanowhatnow and Hungryian.
>>
>>58862106
>Spanish
>French
>Italian
Do autists really believe these languages are useful? Only poor brown people speak it.
>>
i want to learn belgian
>>
>>58863136

>turkish
>>
>>58863216
Not that many people in turkey speak turkish, it would be a massive advantage if you work lets say for a car company since they have shit ton of factories in turkey.
>>
Order is very debatable, but roughly from more important to less important:

>Spanish
>Arabic
>French
>Mandarin
>Japanese
>Russian
>Portuguese
>German
>>
>>58863186
>useful
No, feasible and culturally significant. There's a lot of French literature and movies, and France isn't bad either
>>
>>58863278
*not that many people in turkey speak english
>>
>>58863075
But they are not worth learning, from Slav languages only Russian is worth it, due to how many people speak it and large amounts of literature.
>>
>>58863392
That's why I didn't list them. If they had more speakers I would.

I admit that Polish might not be worth it.
>>
>>58862106
>We can also rule out the shit countries that no one cares about
>polish
>>
I'm 27 and only speak English and French. Have I missed my chance to be conversationally competent in Spanish, German, and Russian?
>>
>>58864367
No. However, if you're interested in learning a new language you have to need to use it. Just studing doesn't get you anywhere.
>>
>>58863278
>>58863342
Turks all speak Standard Arabic anyway from hearing prayers in it five times a day for the last 1000 years, right?
>>
File: compañerxs.jpg (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
compañerxs.jpg
4 KB, 200x200
>>58862106
>40 - 60%

Soon the CV will be overtaken and the Hispanic fucks raped
>>
English and Spanish
Everything else is irrelevant, except maybe for french.
>>
>Korean
>Japanese

lel, only koreaboos and weaboos would care about this. Rare exceptions may be someone interested in Japanese poetry, but they're likely weebs too.

>Polish
Why would I need to know the plumber language?
>>
>italian
Y
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.