[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Americans, do your Nam veterans have flashbacks that make them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
Americans, do your Nam veterans have flashbacks that make them flip out, or is it an urban legend?
>>
my dad does sometimes, but he's crazy otherwise too (doesn't pay for health insurance or anything related to medication because "it's the Jews trying to poison us")
>>
>>58841382
Come and see faggot
>>
>>58841430

But the border is too far away
>>
>>58841382

Some, if nothing at the very least they do a good job of acting like they are getting one.

The whole flashback thing confuses me a bit though.
>>
>>58841382
Some do. My friends dad is pretty normal though. He was a helicopter pilot that saw some heavy combat too. I've seen nam vets that are fucking husks of the people the used to be. Depends on the person.
>>
File: 1462263783330.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1462263783330.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>58841409
>It's the Jews trying to poison us.
>>
File: walter-sobchak15.jpg (48 KB, 355x400) Image search: [Google]
walter-sobchak15.jpg
48 KB, 355x400
It's kind of just a meme. Walter Sobchak was something of a parody of it, some of the Vietnam vets make everything about the Vietnam war

Those rich fucks! This whole fucking thing... I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck so that this fucking strumpet...
>>
>>58841498
he's the reason why I think a lot of the people on /pol/ are mentally ill

used to put up these giant fucking charts on the wall plotting the Jewish connection to every fucking thing that would happen on Earth, nigga was mentally ill, if there was some dude with a Jewish name who was even remotely related to something bad that happened then it was proof of some conspiracy, fucking crazy
>>
>>58841545
Your dad posts on /pol/
>>
>>58841545
Fucking hell do you still live with your parents?
>>
>>58841545
back to r*ddit with your fake stories
>>
>>58841382
People with PTSD can have temporary psychotic breaks from reality, but usually not like Rambo. Nam vets were treated like shit when they came back home. It's easy to see how someone could lose it when they are the enemy wherever they go. At the very least they have an excuse to be jaded as fuck. Especially the ones who were drafted.
>>
File: ilfUP.jpg (89 KB, 925x727) Image search: [Google]
ilfUP.jpg
89 KB, 925x727
>>58841462
My grandad's brother was a fighter pilot in WWII. He died when I was young, but I always remember him being a little off. I was told later on that he drank like a fish. I'm sure with every life you take and ever death you witness you become slightly less human.
>>
>>58841545
could you even be a bigger fucking retard

i would pummel you on sight, never come here
>>
>>58841897
Do you think vidya will have any effect on us in the future.
>>
>>58841382
>americans got flashbacks
>it ain't me start playing

>>58841409
Your dad seems like a cool dad
>>
>>58841734
Yeah, back in Denver I knew this homeless 'nam vet.

I obviously think the war was a waste and a bad idea, but it is really sad how they were treated like monsters when they came back. I've heard the stories of people spitting on 'nam vets, spilling coffee on them, ripping their awol bags from their hands, calling them all sorts of horrible names. I can't even imagine what that must've been like, spending all those years fighting in the hell that was Vietnam - very likely against your will, as you mentioned - then, once you finally make it back home, finding yourself a hated pariah, the years of hell you experienced - possibly even the full 19 years the war lasted - earning you nothing but the utter scorn of your countrymen.

It's just so sad.
>>
>>58841734
This is something that I've never understood. How can people mistreat veterans who got drafted? No matter what their opinions on the war were, surely the protesters realized that those kids didn't go there of their own free will?
>>
>>58841734
And a lot of them got drafted right out of the great times the country was having after WWII, Kevin form the "Wonder Years" getting thrown into some shitty jungle of death vs 16 year olds who've grown up crawling through tunnels eating rat meat.
The WWII guys mostly grew up in shitty Great Depression conditions and watched half their siblings die to the Spanish flue and all the other awful shit going on at the time.
>>
>>58842198
Scumbag leftist rich hippy college kids.
They are basically our democratic party now.
>>
>>58842198
It's not like the people who mistreat them ask them if they were drafted before they start harassing them
>>
>>58842198
That's the problem, you're using sense. Indignant, self-righteous hippies don't even know what sense is.
>>
>>58842198
Hippies were retarded as fuck and high all the time. They would rather troops get killed than see them kill someone else, but they wouldn't dare have the balls to practice what they preach. Instead, they would just move to Canada if they got a draft notice.
>>
File: dog_trauma.gif (2 MB, 329x319) Image search: [Google]
dog_trauma.gif
2 MB, 329x319
>>58841382
even our dogs have flashbacks
>>
>>58842198
Ronald Regan defunded federal mental health facilities en masse leading to a flood of homeless Vietnam War vetrans on the streets.
Back then post traumatic stress wasn't really understood as a thing.
But hey, we got lower taxes out of it!
>>
>>58841446
>But the border is too far away
Where the fuck do you live? Are you an alcoholic Eskimo?
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 720x720
Speaking of Vietnam
I can't for Rising Storm 2 to release
>>
>>58842421
Please double-check your posts before posting.
>>
>>58842198
In a country where there is no conscription going to war actually is a choice.
>>
>>58841382
My cousin has flashbacks of chechen war when he is drunk. So he is sober for 10 years. From alcohol. Does only weed.
>>
>>58843480
So I guess vietnam vets has flashbacks.
>>
File: smh fam.jpg (32 KB, 534x300) Image search: [Google]
smh fam.jpg
32 KB, 534x300
>>58842478
>he doesnt play rs/ro
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.