[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does LatAm think of Spain and their colonizing efforts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: flagge-spanien.gif (6 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
flagge-spanien.gif
6 KB, 500x347
What does LatAm think of Spain and their colonizing efforts?
Is it easy to recognize a Spaniard in LatAm, are there any linguistic differences? If so, which ones?
What are some stereotypes about Spaniards?
>>
Their dubs are complete shit. Other than that, they're good on my book.
>>
>>58795610
There are obvious different accents. Americans will say we have a lisp because we pronnounce "z" as "th", wich is a thousand times better to pronnounce any "s" "c" and "z" as "s". They will say we have worse dubs because they want to have relevance, and the best way to get it is by blaming or looking at other countries intead of their own states. The way we speak is different too. There is absolutely no way you can't differenciate it.
>>
>>58795756
But Spaniards only do that lisp if c or z are followed by an e or i right?

That's what I was taught in Spanish class anyway.
>>
>>58795806
Yes. It makes sense since there are words like "casa" (house) and "caza" (hunt), which are pronnounced the same in LAT countries.
>>
File: David-De-Gea-Manchester-United.jpg (56 KB, 452x406) Image search: [Google]
David-De-Gea-Manchester-United.jpg
56 KB, 452x406
>What does LatAm think of Spain and their colonizing efforts?
Spain is a beautiful country full of ancient culture, they weren't as savages as their European counterparts when they coloniced this land, the majority of natives from my country were killed by desease and not by the Spaniards

>Is it easy to recognize a Spaniard in LatAm
No, I actually worked in a place where we got a lot Spanish tourists and they looked like locals, one day there was a group of Spanish friends that looked like Nordics, though (blue eyes and blonde hair).

>What are some stereotypes about Spaniards?
A lot of salvadroans actually think all Spanish people look like pic related, you know, because they're European so therefore they all have blue eyes and blonde hair
>>
>>
>>58795945
CHI
>>
>>58795945
Are you a Chicano?

>>58795898
Thanks!
>>
>>58796033
No. More of a chicanoboo.
>>
>>58796055
seguimos ganando seƱores
>>
>>58795610
Not as good as the british but still miles better than the french (thank god)
Only for the accent
I don't know, whatever stereotype appears on american media I guess, since we're bombarded with that
>>
File: 416.jpg (15 KB, 271x300) Image search: [Google]
416.jpg
15 KB, 271x300
>>58795945
The spanish economy is always collapsing. Jokes on you!
>>
>>58795756
People from the south of Spain also pronunce it as S rather Z. BY THE WAY.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.