[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Howdy lads, ask a native born and raised Texan anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: texas.gif (3 MB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
texas.gif
3 MB, 500x260
Howdy lads, ask a native born and raised Texan anything.
>>
Why is your state aside from Austin so stupid?
>>
File: berber herperpertermers.jpg (72 KB, 636x454) Image search: [Google]
berber herperpertermers.jpg
72 KB, 636x454
>>58795031
How do you feel about people from my state (Kansas) being mad Texaboos and wishing that they were Texan, going so far as to affect a hilariously exaggerated accent and driving gigantic, lifted monster trucks?
>>
>>58795045
Californian hipster scum detected

I was just about to ask the opposite question

Go back to shit earthquake-prone state and take your shit policies with you, commiefornian faggot
>>
>>58795031
How do you deal with heat? It's +20°C here and everyone is weating like bitches.
>>
>>58795045
Austin turned to shit in the 90's, thanks California. Also I wish California and New York would stop coming to Houston, you people are insufferable. Chicago, you aren't half bad.
>>
>>58795171
*sweating
>>
>>58795171
I love it, I guess because we're used to it. I often wonder how even Americans up north deal with snow and ice. Hell I wonder how Dallas deals with it. I cannot imagine a Russian winter. If it drops below 32 degrees F here people call into work because there is ice. If it snows an inch school is cancelled.
>>
>>58795031
>>58795031
Why do you think being born in a mediocre state make you interesting enough for people to want to ask you questions?

Also s a g e
>>
>>58795213
>scholl is cancelled
But why actually? Can't they walk or something? Schools closes only at -22F here.
>>
>>58795255
Because we aren't used to driving in snow. It only snows hard enough for it to stick on the ground about once or twice every 10 years. Also since it is so rare it is like a special holiday, we stay home and play. We literally do not know how to operate in it.
>>
>>58795303
>driving to school
What? Are all schools that far away? In my town every school was at 10min walk distance of every town's district.
>>
>>58795351
Yes. If you want to go anywhere here it is usually a 10-15 minute drive. All school also offer buses but only poor people use them. I'm surprised Russia isn't equally spread out since it's so big. But I guess the lack of yards and centralized block housing keeps things pretty centrally located. In Texas we drive a lot because people own more land and things are spread out. I wish we would ride horses around town but nobody does that.

Do most Russians have their own car?
>>
>>58795351
getting to school from my house took 45 minutes on the bus

t. alabama
>>
File: 20160424_083131.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160424_083131.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>58795481
I would say 90% of families have. It took me less than 10min of walking to get to my school, and I didn't even go to the nearest school I had around. The closest one to me is right under my windows, you can see it in the pic.
>>58795494
That's like 30km away?
>>
>>58795084
I'm from the Florida panhandle friendo

More southern than you
>>
>>58795534
I didn't want to go to the black people school in the city and there was an okay one it was just a bit farther away
>>
>>58795031
will you please post your accent, texan accents are qt

If you want something to read, read a summary of the obama birth certificate thing plox
>>
>>58795031
Do you frequent /k/ at all?
>>
>>58795031
Do you tell everyone you meet gour from texas or just 4chan and is this typical of texans
>>
>>58795612
I'd like to, but people are sleeping. When I was a kid I had the thickest southern and Texas accent, a one syllable word turned into 3 or 4 syllables. Lol and I talked so slooooow, I crack up watching videos of myself. I made it go away, these days I sound I guess like matthew mcconaughey.

Key to Texas accent: if the word ends with the letter G, its silent.

Getting= gettin
Fucking= fucken
Putting on= puttin on
Fixing= fixin

I'll think of something else other than the G, theres a few.

>>58795632
No, but I'm about to. I've got a 9 mm Baretta that I'm about to start keeping in my truck.

>>58795720
Only on 4chan, IRL everyone I meet is a Texan and if they aren't they can tell immediately that I am.
>>
How pronounced are differences between Texans and "southerners"? Never met one of either but I feel like the dumbasses here conflate the two more than deserved.
>>
>>58795045
Fuck off Califags
>>
>>58796063
He literally said he was from Florida, read the thread Jamal
>>
File: tres hombres.jpg (109 KB, 1083x1081) Image search: [Google]
tres hombres.jpg
109 KB, 1083x1081
>>58796026
Theres a noticeable difference if you're a Texan or a southern, but I will have a hard time explaining it because I'm drunk. As a canuck you might not be able to tell the difference. Give me a moment. For the record Texas doesn't identify with the southern states. Maaaaybe a little Louisiana in the deep southeast. But we really have nothing to do with the "deep south", we're more mexican influenced than southern if anything.
>>
>>58795031
Why are you all retarded, and why are your gun laws such shit?

>>58795255
Because the southern part of our country is full of massive fucking pussies.

6" of snow? Go to school little shits. Parent,s send gloves.

110f heat wave?
Pack water bottles you little fuckers, you're going to learn while you sweat.

>>58795303
An inch of snow will not affect the handling of any but the lightest of vehicles.

Multiple inches?
Drive a little slower, brake sooner.

Fucklin Texans.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.